passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Overwatch

spatular

Role queue is a mixed bag. Healer was fine, actually fun at times, gasp. Tank has been a miserable experience. Haven't gotten round to damage yet. 

So far the biggest problem is what the problem always was. Those people that wanted to play damage would pick their character and refuse to change. Same still applies only no one else on the team can take that hard counter Sombra if you have a Doomfist tearing apart your backline. You can't swap to a hitscan if there is a Pharah causing trouble. Genji will still dive the enmy Mei over and over again on his own. It feels especially frustrating as tank where you have such a limited view of the game. Healer was okay, I could step back and look at what was happening. Tank just feels like you're alone and then you die. 

Honestly I haven't had so much fun playing the game as I did last night when QP was bugged and role queue was in place. Every game I was being flooded with endorsements and that's not a brag, it's just that usually I take seeing endorsements as a sign that people are actually having fun in the game. The atmosphere and everything was so chill and happy, comp still feels like a cesspool. 

In other news. Brig honestly feels great to play now. The three healing packs add some much needed engagement with your team and I had a lot of fun with her. 

Also lol.20190814_190209.jpg

Just had a game as damage, much better than tank. Was able to play different characters to do different things and counter problems. Would have been better if my tanks hadn't picked Hammond and D.Va to play into Reaper, Mei, Hog and Orisa but you know, nothing is perfect. 

Ended up winning four of five damage games. As usual they are not as generous with giving SR as they are taking it away. Was 2500 exactly at the end of last season. 

PS_Messages_20190814_202207.jpg

Had a couple of evenings on 2/2/2 since it landed and, whilst it’s not a magic bullet that cures all issues, it’s certainly a big step in the right direction. I like how I can start a game now knowing that I’m not going to lose based purely on the character select screen. Sure, bad picks still occur, but there’s not going to be anything ridiculous like four DPS, one healer and no barrier tank.

It also means that generally speaking you get to play what you want to play. Previously, I usually played main tank - not because I’m particularly good at it or because I like it, but because no other bastard would. Now I only have to play it when I want to play it, rather than having to fill to accommodate three people wanting to be snipers ?

Think it’ll get better still once Sigma fever dies down. He seems to be an autopick in most games at the moment because people want to try him out. Problem is that nobody seems to be able to use him properly yet (especially since he seems extremely difficult to use), so there’s some very questionable main tank play going on.

A friend and I have been queuing for the two support slots and been having a great time. He usually takes main healer and I’ll usually go with Brigette or Lucio, dependent on the situation. It’s not been perfect, but we’ve never played competitive as much as we have over the last couple of days, so that must count for something. 

@Bob Totally agree about new Brigette. She feels much more proactive and more honest now. Do you think that defensive assists stat is broken/bugged now though since her changes? Reason I ask is that I got 100% kill participation in a game last night which is impossible, surely?!

22 minutes ago, Middle_Class_Hero said:

Reason I ask is that I got 100% kill participation in a game last night which is impossible, surely?!

It could be. I have noticed that it sometimes takes forever for something to die though. It's going to take a while for people to get used to trying to kill through two healers that actually chose to heal. My point being that by the time anything dies, the person that kills them will have almost certainly received some inspire healing. 

Or it could be bugged. Sigma's suck seems to be very inconsistent at the moment. I got the full shield once (after the round ended so no trophy, bastards) from a high noon, other times I've had 20 shield off it. Same goes for whole hog. It doesn't seem consistent at all, even taking think account the varied damage ranges both of those skills have. 

He's a funny one. I'm seeing a lot of bad play from him and people playing around and against him. The biggest mistake is leaving his shield out, both for his team and the enemy team. Sometimes I just see it sitting there and I'm like, break it! Break the shield! Someone break his fucking shield! But people just run around it. Then he pulls it back and it's still full health so.... they run around it again. Unbelievable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Blizzard broke matchmaking and all the top500 players got ranked in gold. Pretty funny. I look forward to the freshnuts compilation tomorrow. 

Beta extended by a week. 

And @Middle_Class_Hero the Brig thing was a bug. The assist was being applied if your team mate had received any healing prior to killing an enemy, not just while the healing was active  

After getting destroyed game after game by Symmetras (while I was locked in Support, so I couldn't really do anything about it), I decided to take matters in my own hand and queued for damage to pick her myself. Symmetra has always been my favourite hero in this game due to her toolset but I never tried out the very recent version of her as it came at the same time as the 2-2-2 lock and I don't feel comfortable with a lot of DPS heroes. So colour me surprised when I played her two rounds on Hanamura, racking up 12000 solo damage and 54 kills for a 74% (!) kill participation. I think I had three Ults in every round as well. And believe me when I say this, I can't aim for the life of me (hence why I really loved old Symmetra).

So, long story shot: the nerf can't come soon enough, she's ridiculously overpowered right now. On paper she has counters but good luck surviving as Winston in the current state of the game. In Platinum rank she's on the same power level as Doomfist and can pretty much carry entire games by herself.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm debating whether to start a thread for Overwatch 2 or not since it is an update to the first game in a way that it still feels like the previous entry. 

I've just played some games as Mercy since I'm so bloody rusty so I'll ease my way in.  The game itself just feels like the original, I've not tried enough characters yet but the networking is pretty bad, I've been kicked out of all my games so far.  My account is still in migration so I dunno what I'm gonna get with the cross progression stuff.  I'm playing on Xbox and I did have a bunch of skins I liked on the PS4 version.  I wouldn't mind my stats carrying over in some way too.

Not a lot to say right now but is anyone popping back to check it out?

EDIT:. Looks like everything carried over.  Nice.

So I'm going in with this.  It's definitely all year one for the most part and I have a bunch of new characters to try.  Orisa was the last character added when I was playing and I've got four hours on her which isn't bad considering she was added when I dropped off.

9ddb3ec7-56d3-4df9-8259-8982d32399cb.png