passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Overwatch

spatular

Why not play DPS characters? Surely depending on which one you pick denotes who you should be targeting if they have that pick on the other team. If not, just keep shooting on anything you can damage. Stay close to tank and healers and jobs a good 'un, unless you're playing a flanker.

I'd say that was a lot easier than trying to tank for idiots that run all over or trying to heal people that break line of sight and then complain when they run out of heals.

Looking at that workshop I reckon Blizz will be keeping an eye open for class combinations they never thought of before to put in the game. I don't think they could ever really be balanced, but they can take a fun idea and run with it and fine tune it on their end more than a workshop user can.

At the moment the big thing I'm looking forward to is Echo (the omnic they showed in Ashe's trailer and is confirmed to be playable at some point).

My guess is she'll be taking some ideas from old Symmetra with a skillset of giving allies a bit of extra shields. Considering they removed Shield Generator from the game and that they have been nerfing armour across the board for months now I think it's a fair assumption. 

If nothing else I'll try her out because she looks super cool.

1 hour ago, Sly Reflex said:

Why not play DPS characters? Surely depending on which one you pick denotes who you should be targeting if they have that pick on the other team. If not, just keep shooting on anything you can damage. Stay close to tank and healers and jobs a good 'un, unless you're playing a flanker.

I'd say that was a lot easier than trying to tank for idiots that run all over or trying to heal people that break line of sight and then complain when they run out of heals.

Because I’m not very good at it? Generally speaking, playing DPS heroes consistently requires a decent level of FPS skills. This just isn’t me. One of the reasons I got into Overwatch was because there were characters designed specifically so they could be played without an FPS background.

I would fill in for the DPS role should it be required, but in all the years I’ve been playing Overwatch I can count the times that scenario has presented itself on one hand. There’s always people clambering to play those roles (cuz killin’ stuff is FUN), and its the healing and main tank roles that are greeted with reluctancy (roles which I’m more than happy to fill for the above reasons).

Why would I play DPS when there are hoards of players better and more willing to do it than me?

I would have just done it. There's selfish people that don't mind fucking the team comp over in ranked as long as they get to play how they want and then blame the team for not carrying, I think it's fine to be selfish sometimes in retaliation. If players aren't going to be flexible then neither am I.

Sometimes the stick works better than the carrot. If they don't want to lose then maybe picking a class that's going to help fill out the roster is going to be more appealing to them. If it's not, then they can eat another loss, unless the other team is playing silly buggers as well.If they really want to rise through the ranks one tricking is only going to get them so far, eventually they'll get in a game where their favoured class is instalocked and they're done from there on in.

Whenever I played with the group I played with we'd rotate through roles. As much as I like playing Zarya and Lucio I'll be fucked if I'm doing that all night.

It's been forever since I last played Another casualty that I intended to go back to but never did.

I pretty much only play Brigitte nowadays but only in QP and if the team need me to change I will. 

Not to blow my own trumpet or anything but I’m adept at almost all roles apart from  DPS even on PC now so can change if I need to. Just the other day I almost single-handedly turned a game round by changing from Brigitte to Mei.

Still haven’t got up to a high enough rank to unlock ranked yet on PC though.

What are you complainers playing on? I'm on PS4 and Xbox if anyone wants to play sometime. Usually play around Gold/Plat on my main flex account but got placed 500SR higher on my support only Xbox account so pushing diamond there. Hit me up if anyone is interested. 

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to play this a bit over the last days after all thanks to the current event. Some of these sessions were okay, but most of them were awful and the last five games in particular have been so bad I can't even remember the last time I had so little fun playing a videogame. 

I made my placement games, all was good, got played around 2700 which is slightly lower than my average but still okay. After that, the real misery begins. I'd say that out of ten games:

– I lose two because of people throwing

– I lose three because of people leaving

– I lose another three because of people with zero game sense (how to play, which characters to use etc.)

– and out of the remaining two I lose one because there's no way to escape the 50:50 quota

Meaning that after only a couple of matches I'm now in Gold, where you can subtract two from the 'throwing' pool and add to the 'no game sense' pool. Because good lord there are people in Gold that are only now beginning to realise there are two sticks on the gamepad.

I really should have listened to myself and waited for the next character. I'm not ready yet to hop back in again. I also think balance is still kind of messy. Can't believe they haven't nerfed Hanzo yet. Or deleted Sombra for that matter, who'S probably the single most badly designed multiplayer character I've seen in my life.

Sounds all too familiar @Maryokutai although I've played from 1900-3000 and honestly the main differences I've seen is how close to the doors people play. The SR is so fucked, you get people who you wonder how they even managed to plug in their TV on your team no matter what. Then some god on the enemy team that you're sure is a smurf, then you check their account and they have been gold for 15 seasons. Kind of hard to be mad at them since you know they are actually getting to enjoy their game for once as you get rolled. 

Havana is live now along with the All Star skins so it's time for some Lúcio-OHs! 

PS_Messages_20190507_210832.jpg

I really like the new map. It has so much variety but it's QP so it's a bit of a mess. Only played main tank and supports on there at the moment but Winston has a lot of angles he can take into that last point and I can imagine point B being home to a whole lot of useless Hanzo and Widow players because there are so many spots to hide in. This is obviously made worse by it being QP so of course every game has had triple sniper. I'm not triggered. You're triggered. 

It just drives me nuts because in the right constellations this game is amazing, even three years in. I'll continue to hop in from time to time (usually for events and character releases) but it's too much of a gamble whether it's going to be an enjoyable session or not to really invest a lot of time into it again. I did cross the 1000 hour playtime mark with this event so I definitely got my money's worth though.

Havana was nice on Storm Rising. Maybe I'll take a stroll through it in a custom game at some point tomorrow.

Yeah when the game works and your team is good, the enemy team is just as good and it feels like everything you do matters, it's the best game I've ever played. Then there is the other 99%. Definitely as close to a horrible substance abuse problem as you can get in a video game. 

• 2 weeks later...

PS_Messages_20190521_193146.jpg

Bro are they being serious with these skins? Are they really going to drop these skins in the same event and act like that's okay? They gonna throw that Winston at me and those Mei thighs at me at the same time and be like, "pssht, it's whatever" no it's not whatever Blizzard you shits. It's about as far from whatever as you can get. I haven't even had time to horde currency since the last event ended like 20 minutes ago.