passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Overwatch

spatular

Not watched that yet. Probably catch up today if I have time.

I watched the UK vs Korea semi and they did extremely well. Korea have such a ridiculous amount of quality and depth in their squad which was the difference in the end.

The UK gave them a game though and were just short of taking it to the fifth map. Not bad at all considering they only had one player (Boombox) that played in the Overwatch League last season.

Boys done good ?

• 2 weeks later...

The good news?

Ashe is live (few weeks earlier than expected).

The bad news?

There’s a 19 gig download/re-install that comes with her.

Downloaded it overnight and had a quick dabble with her in Training this morning.

Seems like a really great hero with a very cool kit. Think the shooting dynamite combo is going to be hard to pull off consistantly, and the way her gun reloads is going to take some getting used to.

People were wanting another skill based DPS character and she certainly seems to fit that bill. This unfortunately means I will be playing her exclusively in Quick Play, as I’m terrible at DPS and have no skill.

• 1 month later...

Going through some old videos I found this, which is my semi-annual reminder I need to record more stuff when playing with my group:

Some traditional Yorkshire swearing to kick things off, followed by my favourite thing to do while playing Orisa.

Really, that bridge is unsafe, it should be closed down. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Played a bit of the new hero Baptiste last night and a bit this morning. It's only QP and of course people are really salty when they don't get to pick him so the comps are even worse than usual. He's a great addition though and the games where we've had that 2/2/2 or close have felt really great, before he was announced I was talking to a friend about how Rein and Winston both have their best buds in Zarya/D.Va and Orisa really needed the same since I don't think Hog really cuts it outside of the old suck and hook. Baptiste feels like that character and I've not lost any games with an Orisa on my team because the enemy team just can't get rid of her. 

He feels very similar to D.Va where there is nearly always something you can be doing. Immortality field is... fine. Maybe I'm biased as a support/tank player but I don't really mind it showing up from the enemy team either. Just shoot it. Teams that I have seen rely on it too heavily often just get wiped as soon as it goes down because they are all one hit away from death. Did have a game on Volskya with a Mei and Baptiste that was about the stalliest stall that ever stalled but that's 2CP for you. 

At the moment I'm not really sure what to do with his ult. Considering it's difficult enough to get people to stay in range of something like supercharger I don't try to get it lined up to amplify a load of damage because it just gets wasted. Instead I just use it as a personal healing buff once a fight starts looking sketchy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I played my first couple of Overwatch games for this year earlier this week and I think the game has run its course for me. I feel like I've played every situation already in the past and I am stuck in a rank where I have more game sense than those below me but not enough mechanical skill than those on my rank. So I hop back and forth and have to either deal with unkillable Tracer players or people who think not having a shield at a choke point is a good idea.

That said I played this for hundreds of hours over 13 seasons so I definitely got my money's worth. It's just now arrived at a point where I feel like I've seen it all and no enjoying it too much anymore. Definitely intrigued by where Overwatch will go next though, there's a lot they can do with those characters and they've not even begun scratching the surface yet.

36 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

I played my first couple of Overwatch games for this year earlier this week and I think the game has run its course for me. I feel like I've played every situation already in the past and I am stuck in a rank where I have more game sense than those below me but not enough mechanical skill than those on my rank. So I hop back and forth and have to either deal with unkillable Tracer players or people who think not having a shield at a choke point is a good idea.

This. It baffles me that after three years there’s people who still don’t know how to build a workable team comp on the very basic of levels.

”We’ve got two tanks”, yeah great - but you’ve picked Road Hog and Hammond - there’s no way we’re getting through that choke unless the opposition has an even more brainless comp than we have!

It’s why I pretty much exclusively go on Quick Play now. Got sick of entering a must win game, taking one look at what my team had picked, and knowing that we’d lost before a shot was even fired. It just got so demoralising and frustrating.

At least there’s nothing at stake on Quick Play so random team comps are humorous more than anything. Victories do feel more hollow though, I have to admit ?

Not a big fan of Quickplay to be honest. Every time a new character comes out I play it a bit and I just don't enjoy the "we don't give a fu**" attitude on there. You have to care at least a little bit for Overwatch to work in my opinion. Otherwise it's just weird team compositions running around and trying to out-kill each other.

Yeah, agree with all that. It’s just the lesser of two evils for me as I still do have fun in Quick Play.

I usually play with a couple of mates and we still do play to win, it’s just not so much of a biggy if we lose. Plus it’s nice to have a go with characters that I wouldn’t dream of picking in competitive mode (ie DPS characters).

Having said that, much as I love Overwatch, I think I would’ve jacked it in ages ago if:

a) I wasn’t playing with friends and

b) Another online multiplayer had come out that appeals to me.