passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Overwatch

spatular

So I started playing this on PC a few nights ago.

It was a huge buzzkill initially not having all my skins and being at Level 1 again, definitely felt like starting again from scratch. It was also really weird trying to play with KB&M, I know a lot of characters and how to play them from my OW PS4 days but translating that to KB&M controls is fucking hard man.

I did try quite a few games with KB&M but reluctantly made the switch back to controller - and immediately felt much more at home - just the little things like grinding the walls with Lucio and stuff is so much easier and feels so much more tactile to me than doing the finger olympics to access the right keys on the keyboard. KB&M is great with stuff like LoL but with such a tactile vertical game like OW I just couldn't get on with it, maybe with time I might've done but I just didn't want to go back to square one completely in terms of ability. 

I haven't noticed huge differences between the console and PC versions really, mainly just that the Hanzo/Widowmaker's are fucking lethal, on console you'd see the arrows fly past you a few times and have just enough time on most occasions to jump behind a wall but on PC it's just 'nope, you're dead' no chance of getting out the way. 

I have mostly been playing with my old favourites - Zenyatta, Lucio - but want to try all the new characters I haven't tried too. I started off with Wrecking Ball and he is just such a blast to use, I was literally giddy with joy just from rolling about with him in his ball and if you nail a hook-rope swing to get up onto a building or something it just feels absolutely incredible. You can also use the same hook-rope to repeatedly go round and round in circles on an Objective battering any opposition that get in your way, it really is an absolute blast.

Tried Brigitte last night for the first time and had an absolute blast. 

It's so amazing and hilarious to be able to stun a Reinhardt and stun/whip a Roadhog :lol:  I was on the back of the payload with my shield, giving health out to everyone and whipping folks enemies away from the payload the entire game, was such a bunch a fun.

I'm surprised how quickly I got used to her, I did a little bit of skirmishing then went into QP and within 5-10 minutes I'd already gotten the hang of her. Think the only new character I have left to properly try is Doomfist but I tried him out briefly in skirmish and already kind of made my mind up that he wasn't for me.

Also, Mercy is fucking bananas now. She can fly and shit and is just so annoying and difficult to get hold of.

Having never played this before, I had a go on the free weekend recently, and I've picked it up.

Trying to work out which of the characters I'm good with.

I started out mostly playing Bastion, I've also been playing a lot of Orisa.

Last night I was playing Zarya and was doing ok.

Hanzo can piss off... as can tracer...

I was away from this game for almost a year and a half but I still followed all the news connected to it._BUT I've seemed to missed the most important thing. (which has apparently been in the game since January but no seems to know about or use it._)

Payload/Adjective Callouts - If you bind 'Acknowledged/Understood' to a button/Key not in use (Left D - Pad for example) and target the objective, your character will say defend or attack it.

If you bind 'Group Up' and target a player it will say "I'm with you!"

If you bind 'I need healing' to a key and play a healer then target players and press it, your healer will call them over to be healed. @Hendo

If you bind 'hello', it says hello to the specific player you're target.

I'm not sure why Blizzard is hiding this stuff, spamming worries  i don't know. :mellow:

For someone who somehow became a 'gremlin' with Mountain Dew and Doritos, it was quite a serious origin story. Glad my main finally got a video though. 

Still think Blizzard needs to make a animated Overwatch film. 

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Blakey said:

She does not look fun for Brigitte players.

Which means fun for everyone else! ?

I think she looks absolutely bloody brilliant. I’m shit with DPS characters though so I’ll probably only dabble with her in Quick Play.

Smart move by Blizzard showing her and the McCree short now. They’ve obviously pre-empted that the Red Dead release will have got everyone in a cowboy mood, so it’s perfect timing.