passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Overwatch

spatular

Yeah had a few games with Jim Sterling and Hendo earlier, bloody good fun, some good games, some frustrating ones where we got pwned , had one really good game with Henzo and got the Player of the Game for the first time, also had a really good game with Zenyatta against Hendo and one as Bastion too.

Was playing support a lot too, seems not as many folks wanna heal as much as the Beta, so played Lucio, Mercy and Zenyatta, had a few games behind Hendo as Mercy and he was Reinhardt, very handy combo.

Im still unsure about dropping the full amount on this, and im not sure why because I quite enjoyed the beta. Mirrors edge is on the horizon too...

Is there anything different in the full game from the beta?

There might be some extra skins or sprays added. But there's no new characters or maps. 

Ranked/Seasons all be be added in a few weeks I think. 

Best thing I've seen in Overwatch so far. Blakey placing a teleporter in our base that teleports us all the way..to our base. :facepalm:

i was stood next to a bus thinking it was the objective and wondering why it wasn't moving :wacko:

also my internet is borked so been struggling to play this :( got friday off work so hope the internet is working by then!

I feel like the beta actually sort of makes me not want to play this in a weird way because ive played it now and ive got basically everything the game has to give. I feel really bad for feeling that way too because the idea of an open beta is great and the idea of not locking certain things away in a game like this is also great...

Of all developers, Blizzard have the most tendency to support their games so there should be loads of new stuff as time goes on.

I do love it but add to the list of games that shouldn't be online only.

Without a net connection you literally can do nothing but you should at least be able to do training and bot matches.

9 hours ago, Duck said:

Best thing I've seen in Overwatch so far. Blakey placing a teleporter in our base that teleports us all the way..to our base. :facepalm:

Oh god I was hoping you didn't notice that :lol: you can tell I don't play Symmetra often! :ph34r:

Had some frustrating games yesterday afternoon, with people being idiots mainly.

For a few games I was stuck with this bunch of random's that didn't know their arse from their elbow, they refused to be healer for a while, and then when one of them did select a Healer they switched half-way through which made me have to switch into a Healer.

Then a few games later this same bunch just ran off randomly towards the enemy team everytime, without any attempt whatsoever at protecting the base, so bloody infuriating. Another on King's Row they were just standing watching the opposition team take our base :lol: god it pissed me off.

Had some fun games with (and against) Sam yesterday evening though (sorry I didn't have my mic on).

Had one awesome game as reaper on Ilios, we lost but I got 33 kills which is my highest ever on Overwatch so far I think, on one of the rounds I snuck into the enemy base, used my 'Die, Die, Die'' special, killed everyone, died myself and then Sam revived them all as Mercy I was spewing :lol:

Had an awesome game as Bastion too on Dorado, sat perfectly on a hill waiting for the payload to come up and just proceeded to pick everyone off as they came through the door, took them a while to suss me out and Genji eventually slaughtered me, that wasn't before I got a 14 kill streak though :D

Had one absolutely hilarious game too where everyone decided to be Bastion for shiggles :lol: I couldn't stop laughing, I knew we'd get battered but the absurdity of the situation just tickled me.

14 hours ago, spatular said:

i was stood next to a bus thinking it was the objective and wondering why it wasn't moving :wacko:

:lol: The double decker on Kings Row?

6 hours ago, Blakey said:

Oh god I was hoping you didn't notice that :lol: you can tell I don't play Symmetra often! :ph34r:

Seeing a portal after a death is one of the great joys in life. I think I would rather walk into on coming traffic on a motorway blindfolded than go through one of yours again. 

I think this is easily one of the best multiplayer shooters ever made but I'm hoping I don't burnout on it before the ranked/extra stuff arrives.

Also remind me to never buy games from Sam. :lol: 

My internet seemed to be playing up on Wednesday so I couldn't play this at all without getting disconnected.

I had more luck yesterday, and apart from a few times where I got stuck unable to move while my connection caught up, I got a bunch of matches in with randoms. 

I lost most of them, but had a lot of fun. I enjoyed playing Lucio, Symmetra and Zenyatta. Was absolutely terrible with Hanzo, and need a lot more practice with Junkrat, Winston and Roadhog. 

I have next week off, I really hope my internet cooperates and lets me play more. 

I'm getting really confused by how the come to the Play of the Game at the end. I've got it for some mediocre play at the end and it seems to be mostly that shown. And when you do get it no-one likes you for it; no-one is anywhere near impressed. Like, I had this pretty awesome match defending a point with Torbjörn. I started out as Symmetra but we lost the first point quite quickly and it just wasn't working out, so I changed to Torb as I felt we still needed a character like that since apart from a Lucio we just had a lot of offensive characters because of course we did on a defense objective.

I popped my turret in a fairly obvious place for the map but what works works so why not? It was getting hammered a bit but I made sure I was there to fix it, even at one point while away from it spied that it was about to blow up on the HUD and popped my special which boosts your turret's health as well as attack power, so that was a good Pac-Man moment.

But I got the Play of the Game for something else, the turret double killed some chumps, I finished off a Reinhardt and span around and used my shotgun like alt-fire to get Winston who jumped over and tried to destroy my turret. It was actually one of the better PotGs, certainly the best one I've done so far. But who got all the praise at the end? Lucio, of course. With some mediocre healing. Seriously, it wasn't that high, maybe over 5000 which feels like par for the course if you use him the whole game (which this person did). And he didn't even need to heal people that much because I was throwing out armour packs like an Anime fan on Prom Night.

Its a good job I do things for the greater good and not for all these plebs that play the game at the moment