passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Overwatch

spatular

Nice! I was tempted to go digital with this myself but the £55 price-tag on the PSN store halted my advances.

Booked the day off work on Tuesday so hope Amazon deliver my copy early in the day, but past experience suggests it'll probably be 1-3pm that it'll get delivered.

The day has finally arrived!

Really excited, booked the day off work tomorrow so I can have a lie in and play all day, good times :D will see you guys online tomorrow (I guess most of you will be online in the evening?) most probably after Dinner when I can party up.

just had a quick go after midnight, took about 10 mins of trying to login, then got matched up with Duck! cool! then stopped because lateness. interesting story right. it's just the same as the beta so far.

I'm very tempted to get the digital version of this but it's at least 10 quid more expensive than I can get in a shop.

Why is the only version available called "Origins Edition"? Is there another version?

Origins Edition is the only version available on console. I went digital purely for the fact it's the perfect game to stick on for a quick game or two, and I wouldn't ever want to trade it in. You can get £50 PSN credit for about £46 on CDkeys, is what I did to bring the cost down a tiny bit. 

Physical version is currently £38.95 at The Game Collection. If you ordered now it'd likely be delivered tomorrow. 

http://www.thegamecollection.net/overwatch-origins-edition-ps4.html

I get an amazon gift card from Virgin as part of joining them soon, so when thats come through I will probably get overwatch with it. It was a fun game but im not itching to get back into it as much as you guys seem to be, maybe im just better at it or something?

It is a frustrating honeymoon period at the moment.  In my games next to no-one goes support classes so I always find myself going Mercy or someone to babysit the rubes.  I'd quite like to git gud with some of the more shooty people but I'm the one that gives in first. 

I played enough support during the beta. 

I still like playing Symmetra on defense games.  I'm just sick of being so good with Mercy that when we attack these chumps need help.  I am getting better with D.Va and I did have one good game with Hanzo and I'd quite like to have more of them, but everyone else goes him.  

27 minutes ago, Craymen Edge said:

I played a bit of Symmetra, I like him a lot He's useful in combat as well healing. 

I think you mean another character. Symmetra is female, has the shield boost for allies and can place mini turrets. 

On 24/05/2016 at 22:48, retroed said:

I think you mean another character. Symmetra is female, has the shield boost for allies and can place mini turrets. 

Yeah, I meant Zenyatta, I got confused between my nonsense-word 3-syllable support character names. 

Played about 5 hours yesterday, was planning on doing a few more hours than that but my copy didn't arrive from Amazon until 4pm :rolleyes:

Anyway, absolutely loved what I've played so far, not really sure why I was a bit put-off by it in the last few hours of the Beta now to be honest, I've just been having a ton of fun today really.

Played a few games with randoms earlier yesterday afternoon and then yesterday evening went on with Duck and DC (joined by Hendo later on, and spotted Ed on the opposition team on my last game). Tried out a few characters I didn't bother with in the Beta (Winston, Pharah, Reaper, Roadhog, Junkrat, Genji), liked Pharah and Winston but don't think the rest were for me really, although Roadhog and Junkrat are both super handy if well utilised.

Its just been such a blast again, I don't really know what has changed in my mind between the end of the Beta and yesterday, but I just felt it was so damn fun and I was having such a great time with it like I did at the beginning of the beta.

Got up to Level 10, hoping to play much more of it tomorrow.

There's so many characters that it's pretty overwhelming.

I did the training in the beta but is there a good way of trying out different characters or is it just a case of jumping in and trying them out?

Haven't learnt any names as yet but I'm liking the big bastard shield hammer thumping dude, the Asian sniper with the dragon move and the angel healer. Though I need to remember to try and stay back as the healer and hide a bit more.

I quite enjoyed using Reaper last night.  Finding a place that gives you a line of sight to teleport behind the enemy group can really whittle down their numbers.  I'm not great with his super, though.  Not like the guy using him on the other team who always seemed to be pulling it off. 

Had some good rounds on this today, some not so good.

I'm enjoying the shield tank guy, love pinning people against the wall and being useful putting the shield up with everyone behind me.

One round we were missing offensive characters so I went as the dual pistols (or possibly shotguns?) guy who can go invisible/invulnerable. I like him a lot.