passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Overwatch

spatular

I messed around in training with those turrets.  I couldn't believe you could put six down, but I imagine it doesn't take much to take them out? 

That's good use of them.  After trying that out in training it did make me want to see what I could do I  the field with that character. 

Very little, I think they may even just have the 1 health. But on defence if you place them where they can't been seen until they've walk though a door or tunnel where you placed a lot around it can be deadly. 

It work sticking them on the payload because you can't see all sides of it at once. 

I reckon it could be countered easily with Junkrat, Pharah, D.Va and maybe even Hanzo's scout arrow. But no one who I was playing against worked that out. 

I'm thinking it might go abit Starcraft where someone has made new build order or tactic that slays till people have worked out a counter. 

What i think this game does really well is that all the classes are fun to play. I do have favourites but if we're short on a certain role in a group i'm more than happy fill in. Getting people to play games differently to what they're used to is really hard. Not having the K/D shown but they're team contribution helps. 

Sometimes team composition goes out the window...

image.jpeg

On the selection screen I was the only Reinhardt. Got in the game and there were 5 of us. :lol:

Actually worked well as it was the hold the point mode but if had characters that were quick or they stayed on the roofs we would of been fucked. 

Beta at has been extended for a day till Tuesday. Think I've put at least 10hrs into the beta. Can't stop playing. 

I played my first rounds with this earlier.

Tried to get into both Sam's and Duck's games but both were full, although I could spectate.

I did the training and then only played the angel healer.

I'm not sure I was doing it right but in one game we dominated the other team - everyone defending an objective and me hiding behind the mech robot guy, changing between healing everyone and giving him a damage boost.

Other games weren't so successful.

It's a bit overwhelming of how many characters there are, I was expecting a fair few to be locked at first.

I like how it tells you what your team is lacking before you go in.

I think I've decided to keep my pre-order, I'm still not completely sold on it, and I don't want to play any-more of the Beta as I think I'll wear myself out with it before it's even released, but, it's different, feels great to play and will only improve as it goes on, will definitely need to make more of a concerted effort to play with you chaps though when the game launches as it's definitely going to be better in a group.

I played a couple of hours of the beta on PC on Saturday, just on impulse. We had a lot of fun, it's definitely on my radar now, where previously I hadn't been taking a lot of notice. It's definitely a potential purchase now. 

I was mistakenly under the impression it was a MOBA-like, but except for it having heroes with different abilities, it's more of a team based shooter in the style of Team Fortress 2. But thankfully not too much like TF2 because I hate what that game has become. 

I'm sure there'll be a bunch of balancing patches near or post launch that'll piss off the people who have been playing the beta for ever. I can see a few things that need some fine tuning.

We came up against a few teams who have clearly played a lot of the beta and had worked out some optimal combinations for certain modes on certain maps. On one of the payload maps, we came up against 2 different defending teams who loaded up with 3 or 4 of the Hanzo characters, and when we reached a point on the map, just wiped us out by spamming his ultimate. 

Another map had a team who had worked out a place where they could hide multiple turrets &  Bastions in places where we couldn't see them,  with a crossfire pattern that would wipe us out before anyone could take them down. 

17 player kill streak playing as Symmetra just now, placing small sentry turrets on the capture point we were defending whilst skirting the perimeter taking out others at close range. I'm learning something new every time I play the game. I'm a big fan of D.Va at the moment, too. 

I'm not into the cosplay stuff.

Anyway.  I've not actually played it for a while but I thought I'd get more in before the beta closes.  They have a mode on there where you don't chose your hero but one gets randomly assigned to you every time you respawn (maybe it was there all along, but I just noticed it).  Sometimes it turns the teams into a total mess but you're never too far away from them getting mixed up.  I think I only like it at the moment because it is forcing me to use the heroes I wouldn't normally pick and making me find new solutions for stuff.

I enjoyed it quite a bit.  It definitely gave me a better sense of everyone.

On 9 May 2016 at 11:09 AM, retroed said:

17 player kill streak playing as Symmetra just now, placing small sentry turrets on the capture point we were defending whilst skirting the perimeter taking out others at close range. I'm learning something new every time I play the game. I'm a big fan of D.Va at the moment, too. 

We had a few games where I played Symmetra then you did the next one and you played her totally different to me. My placements were more hidden and more at choke points. We as you covered the objective with them. Both seemed to work. 

Reinhardt is definitely the counter to her tho. 500HP + 2000HP shield, it's takes a lot to take him out. I had a few games where he just destroyed every turret I was placing. Didn't feel useful at all without the turrets. Her alt fire on her gun is good for spamming choke points and door but that's about it. Teleported is handy tho. 

Over all I like how all characters play...apart from Bastion. I seen a lot players just turn into a chain gun and sit for most of the game, not really helping their team. He  can infinitely heal himself too so he doesn't real need to mix with other players. I would problem change the healing to something else if it was me. Idk. 

Beta has finished. :( 2 WHOLE WEEKS! Before it's out properly. 

Only played Lucio a hand full of times during the beta even tho the idea of the character was cool to me. But I no idea you could this sort of thing with him..

From GAF:

Destiny was 4.6 million.

The Division was 6.4 million.
Star Wars: Battlefront, not a new IP, was 9.5 million, and was one of if not the largest beta ever.

Pretty big, then. I have to say, it's probably the best beta I have ever participated in. I was almost certain I wanted the game before I tried it, but after giving the beta a good hammering there was no doubt I was going all in. Missing it already. 

Future heroes and maps will be free. 

We will be releasing more heroes. We will be releasing more maps. We don't quite have a timetable for that yet. We don't have the exact plans on how those will be released, but we do know that we're not going to be charging players for them. If you buy Overwatch, you will get all the heroes and maps that we release for it, free of charge. 

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/overwatch-bringing-blizzards-new-shooter-to-consoles

Blizzard have supported Diablo III on console tremendously, with no additional charges. Overwatch is ripe for adding additional skins, emotes and phrases, so it wouldn't surprise me if new ones appear at some point as microtransactions. At the same time,  I could see them being added for free and being unlocked via loot boxes. 

What I hadn't really noticed before is all the shorts are in the games levels. Which is a cool touch. 

And a related thing I found out is Genji can deflect Hanzo's Special..

A week to go. :)

Edit: or you can watch the better version of the short..