passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dark Souls III

DisturbedSwan

13 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

Made some good progress today without dying once. I explored a large chunk of the Cathedral of the Deep (the lower down level). Pretty much killed everything and got all the treasure here I think, including one of those ice spike enemies (I discovered they're pretty weak against fire).Went back to the Crucifixion Woods area and killed those red eyed enemies by the large bonfire. They were guarding an estus shard. That brings me to 8 estus flasks now. I went back to the clearing in the centre of the Woods area, which has a building guarded by a knight with a huge club. What I didn't realise was that there were actually two knights - one with a club, and one with a greatsword, and they both attacked me at the same time. I managed to kill them though by running around and rolling a lot! They both dropped powerful weapons. The area they were guarding had a ladder down to a new area called the Farron Keep. The Poisonbite Ring I found in the Cathedral of the Deep might come in handy... Between the jigs and the reels I got a couple of level ups. Tomorrow I'll go back to the far right area of the Crucifixion Woods and take on that third knight.

You seem to have gone a different direction to me, as I did Farron Keep before the cathedral. I did make pretty good progress in the area after that as well, but got annoyed/bored and found the boss before the Cathedral.

Made it a bit further, to another bonfire after the dungeon and what I believe will be a boss fight behind a fog wall.

A little bit apprehensive, more than usual, as the messages mention needing a weapon. I'm guessing one I haven't got.

Got a couple more level ups tonight, mostly for killing powerful enemies. I killed the third knight on the far right of Crucifixion Woods (the guy guarding the Farron Coal). And I went back to the beginning of the game and killed the ice enemy in the tutorial area. Then I went back to the Cathedral of the Deep to start climbing the big castle there. I had about 5000 souls (half-way to a level up for me at the moment) and I had made a good bit of progress but I somehow managed to walk off the roof. So I'm going to have to finish what I started tomorrow. Also, it's pretty cool that the giant helper from the Undead Settlement makes a re-appearance in this area.

I enlisted help to help me make progress in the Cathedral of the Deep. I summoned a phantom at the chapel bonfire and he helped me all the way to the lift that leads to the shortcut back to the bonfire. Praise the sun etc. At that point he vanished and I was immediately invaded, perfect timing. If you go human in this game, prepare for PVP - you will be invaded. I like it though, so long as you have no souls to lose or you're near a bonfire. I had an epic fight that went the full 12 rounds but he beat me, to top it all off, with a parry and counter-attack right at the end. What can you say. Anyway, from there, I explored the Cathedral of the Deep interior more on my own. This is a proper hardcore area. I found a mimic chest that dropped another braille tome when I beat it. I ran into another dead end chamber and was attacked by a giant spider-esque monster. He wasn't too bad though, as these things go. Then I came to the huge ground floor area which has the giant trolls. I was standing in the middle of the floor trying to decide what to do with no estus left, when a sludge enemy who I hadn't seen trundled up behind me and killed me.

I am slowly making my way through this. I am currently on the tree boss in the Undead Settlement, tonight... he dies :)

Fantastic game so far, really enjoying it!

Scared to see what awaits me next, it's never easy starting a new area. I made it to level 34 (I think) so far, nice to finally have some armour :)

20 hours ago, Blakey said:

Yeah that's a dead end. Have you opened the big Stone door in Farron's Keep yet @Hendo?

Also there's another boss in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley you need to do

The thing with the fires? If so, yup.

Might find a guide and run through from the start, I'm bound to have missed loads.

Found that extra boss with the aid of some co-op summons. Also along the way I found a ring that actually does what I thought the other one did, and it gives you health back on kills so very useful.

As I was going through I suddenly realised that the main way forward for me is to go after the Dancer, so after a bit of exploring I might try that bit again.

Think I've discovered most of the shortcuts in the Cathedral of the Deep now, I opened both doors in the chapel and I opened the large front door which is the closest point to the Deacons of the Deep boss fight. I had one go at it there. I spent a couple of minutes running around killing enemies over and over again and then I twigged what I had to do. I got to the point where the arena goes really dark and then they killed me with one of those powerful dark spells. 

I got caught out by the lying Onion Knight haha and had to fight one of the giants. Actually, from where I was, I rolled all the way to the large door he had been guarding without being hit. I opened that and he couldn't follow me. This would be an easy spot to gimp him from with magic spells or arrows. Tomorrow I'll stock up on ashen estus and take them out. I'm probably missing a few treasures in the Cathedral area so I might explore some of that too and take on the more powerful knights.

I killed the tree :)

Quite easy once you know how, turns out though that he was sort of optional... bugger. So, now I have found the real boss, will attempt him tonight!!!

I found some cool stuff in the Firelink shrine, once you buy the 20,000 soul key :D

I'm doing alright! Before I set off to explore I had enough souls to level up twice so did that, also found a ring that ups the health, stamina and equip load so replaced my get more souls one with that.

Luckily before the server went down, yesterday I found a secret area via a message for illusion wall so found a bonfire with a couple of bad things and a new covenant.

Cleared out that area and the next and now I'm in what should be an amazing DS1 spoiler moment but I never completed the first one.