passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros

Sambob

Had about half an hour on this and im past the intro and hand holding part.

Its really good, straight back into it from playing last time. The graphical style is great, the music is great, its got the same humour as always and feels the same to play.

I havnt seen any of the new dynamics yet, im expecting that to pop up once ive found paper mario which seems to be my current quest.

I dont remember from the last ones, but in Peach's castle does it play the N64 Mario 64 castle theme? Thats my favourite bit of mario music I think, lots to choose from of course, but as soon as I hear it im sent right into mario land.

So far, so good.

Couple more hours into this and its really excellent. I'm definitely enjoying this more than any of the ones I've played, the 3d is good and the addition of paper Mario makes for some great gameplay. I've just found the squash based bros attack and its awesome, the last hour or so has been new dynamic after new dynamic.

Thumbs up again for this.

• 1 year later...

BUMP in all of your cocks. I'm playing this again and its pretty awesome. I've not been a fan of this series despite owning them all and not playing one since TYD.

I'm only an hour and a half in, I've just got Paper Mario in my party and his attacks are great. In fact all the attacks are pretty great. Just beat the first boss which was also great. So, so far so great. Cant wait to play some more.

• 3 weeks later...

The in game clock tells me I've played 5 hours and its just got real hard real quick.

I've not really played much of these games, are you supposed to spend a bit of time grinding? I feel really underpowered despite having purchased the most powerful stuff from the most recent shop.

I've got to these two Pokeys by a bridge and they destroy me, they seem stupidly strong. I'm getting used to defending their attacks slowly but I'm not great at instinctively hitting the three buttons in the right order when they do their roll attack, you fuck that up and you loose alot of energy, if not a whole dude.

Died three times and turned it off due to not having fun.

I don't remember there being a difficulty spike that soon in but the series does occasionally have a few. You do need to grind a little bit at times, although its possible you went to an area you shouldn't be in and don't know a particular attack yet, as more often than not it tends to gate off by withholding techniques.