passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Final Fantasy XIV Online: Endwalker

DisturbedSwan

The new teaser trailer for 'Dawntrail'. The music is distorted, they do that for teasers. 

Also they're finally releasing FFXIV on Xbox, Phil Spencer came on to announce it doing his usual 'passionate community' spiel. A bit late, given the first major story arc is over and all, but there you go. Still, it's cool we're getting more crossplay games between Xbox, PS and PC.

image.png

Based on stuff I read it sounds like this is a bit of a 'business as usual' expansion, I'm probably not going to play it. Had my fill of CBU3 quest design, especially after XVI as well

EDIT: Phil says that the xbox team plans to partner more closely with Square in the 'future'. Ominous music plays? FFXVII xbox exclusive? Rebirth multiplatform? Who knows

Sora visits a Halo ring in KH4.

Joke aside it's good to see them reaching out to these Japanese companies again. I doubt it had much influence on the 360's initial success and sales advantage over the PS3, but it certainly made for a more compelling lineup than they've had since with One and Series. Not sure if picking up a MMO that people have found their place/system to play it on years ago is the way to go, but it's a start I suppose.

On 28/07/2023 at 19:37, one-armed dwarf said:

EDIT: Phil says that the xbox team plans to partner more closely with Square in the 'future'. Ominous music plays? FFXVII xbox exclusive? Rebirth multiplatform? Who knows

I highly doubt both of those scenarios, the first is far less feasible than the second though. It likely means that more back catalogue stuff is coming to GP and maybe some 'lesser' titles going multiplat.

This is the same bloke that says they've got the greatest games lineup in history for the last 8 years so I take anything he says with swimming pools of salt.

• 6 months later...

FFXIV is releasing a beta on xbox. However the full release will require both a 14 sub and gamepass sub

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/f4c4542f86c781dac7b5c69b28f51710c7d9fd95

This isn't the case on PS or PC, and is very poor value cause people who play 14 tend to be all or nothing and make it their only game. Very short sighted

(funny thing is when I was big into XIV on ps4, I would actually save loads of money by cancelling Plus and Netflix and other things, cause it's just your main entertainment outlet and that other stuff gets ignored)

What a weird decision (oversight?). I remember back with FFXI I think it was the first game you could play without XBL Gold because you already had to pay the monthly fee. And now they go back on that? I expect this to be corrected soon, otherwise this is dead on arrival on that platform (and it already was a hard sell to begin with).