passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

2016 Expectations or wishlist...

Manicm

Just wondering what everyone is looking forward to next year gaming wise? or what would we want to be annouced? I will start:

StarFox - Wii U, really wanted this christmas but happy to wait for nintendo to hopefully give the graphics a boost.

Zelda Twilight princess HD - Wii U, why not buy it again its a great game, ive got this on the wii already, but the added amiibo makes it a must buy, already have this on pre-order.

2d Metroid - 3ds, I'm pretty sure this was announced, or ive made it up but a straight up scrolling game.

Gears Of War - will it be delayed again? Halo 5 was immense so hoping Gears is just as good on the Xb1.

Uncharted 4 - massively hyped for this, but not the multi just the single player mode for me.

Nintendo NX - what is it, will we be amazed, will it even work....

Wishlist:

Mario Sunshine HD - its been rumoured for a while will Nintendo actually do it.

Single Player starwars game, was gutted when battlefield didn't have this, I still want this to happen.

Well that's whats on my radar at the moment, I'm sure there's more ReCore is another, but need to know more about it first.

I think you need to make some swaps, there. There has been no announcement of a 2D Metroid, it's pure fantasy at this point. And there is a single player Star Wars game coming, lead by the Uncharted / Sould Reaver lady (though it coming next year is optimistic).

I think the only games I'm psyched for at this point in time for next year are Street Fighter V and Mirror's Edge Catalyst. For SFV I've watched so much stuff for it I'm legitimately straddling the hype train for that one. I'm sure Final Fantasy XV will be out at some point in 2016.

I am keen to hear about the NX as well. My gut tells me it will be more of a 3DS successor than a Wii U one, but I may function as a replacement for both.

As for wishes I hope Persona 5 comes out... that's all I have. I eagerly anticipate Devil's Third 2.

Cyberpunk 2077 (2017 though I think)

Dark Souls 3

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past

Final Fantasy XV

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Kingdom Hearts 3

The Last Guardian

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom

No Man's Sky

Persona 5

Shenmue 3

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Yooka Laylee

Zelda Wii U

rpgs, yeah?

Ni No Kuni 2

Persona 5

Stella Glow

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2

Shin Megami Tensei 4 Final

Fire Emblem

Yakuza 0

Last Guardian

Street Fighter 5

King of Fighters

I can't say I'm hugely excited for anything but those are what I'm expecting to buy, plus many more I'm sure

2016 is gonna be another incredible year for games, I've no doubt about it.

Here's all my anticipated games:

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India,
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia,
RE 0 HD,
That Dragon, Cancer,
The Witness,
XCOM 2,
Dying Light: The Following,
Firewatch,
The Division,
Hitman,
Star Ocean 5,
Day of the Tentacle Remastered,
Quantum Break,
Dark Souls 3,
Ratchet and Clank,
Uncharted 4,
Mirror's Edge Catalyst,
We Happy Few,
Yooka-Laylee,
Ni No Kuni 2,
Yakuza 0,
Yakuza: Kiwami,
Yakuza 6,
Persona 5,
FF XV,
Deus Ex: MD,
Allison Road,
Telltale's Batman,
Crackdown 3,
Cuphead,
Dishonoured 2,
Doom,
EA UFC 2,
Telltale's GoT S2,
GoW 4,
Gravity Rush 2,
Gravity Rush PS4 Remaster,
Homefront 2: Homefronter,
Horizon: Zero Dawn,
Mafia 3,
ME: Andromeda,
Mother Russia Bleeds,
NiER: Automata,
Ni-Oh,
Overkill's TWD,
Overwatch,
Scalebound,
Star Citizen,
Superhot,
Tacoma,
Banner Saga 2,
The Last Guardian,
Battlefield 5,
CoD 2016,
AC 2016.

Also excited about getting either a Rift or HTC Vive next year, and getting stuck into VR.

And seeing what Nintendo is upto with the NX, I really hope it's not that god-awful touch-screen controller thing that came out in the patent documents.

I had a look through a list and honestly I can't get super hyped about anything. I am looking forwards to EDF 4.1, Garden Warfare 2 and Mirror's Edge. Getting hyped for them is going totally overboard though.

I want to see something new and unexpected or an idea or concept that I like revolutionised. It won't happen though, because every fucking game is trying its best to be Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, CoD or whatever the flavour of the month is whether it suits the title or not.

Sometimes I feel I only play games out of habit, because seriously I absolutely hate them for the majority, or rather I hate what they've become. Nothing excites me anymore. I should take up hard drugs, I hear those are fantastic.

God I'd hate to feel like that! :(

There are a lot of sequels and a lack of innovation in the AAA arena at the moment I agree, but genuinely new concepts and ideas are out there, they're just found in the Indie space now really, there's a ridiculous amount of fantastic-looking, innovative, unique Indie games out next year (The Witness, Firewatch, Tacoma, Adrift, Abzu, Inside, No Man's Sky, Cuphead, Star Citizen, Mighty No. 9) to name just a few, and then you've got all the VR games that will be coming out next year like Eve Valkyrie, The Climb, Edge of Nowhere, Everest etc. that look incredible, plenty of innovation in my mind.

There's a few more new innovative AAA IPs coming out next year like Horizon: Zero Dawn, The Last Guardian etc. too, Sly.

Also, if you haven't already played Persona 4:Golden I'd highly recommend that, if you decide to play and finish it that will get you incredibly excited for Persona 5 next year as well, I promise you.

If you're a bit demotivated by the Industry at the moment I can at least see where you're coming from, but there is lots of GOOD, innovative, original, unique games coming out in 2016, you just have to find the motivation to research, play, experience and buy them :)