passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Good, bad, or just ugly?

Whiskey_chaser

Not sure if this has already been covered here? Possibly in a hot topic or something?

Just wondering, with all the games out there that let you choose between good or bad actions that each have their own rewards/reactions and consequences, what's your preferred style of play?

I always opt for the righteous path, no idea why - tried playing a run through of Fallout 3 as some psychopathic arse-hole but I hated it. Same in Fable, always end up with the halo.

I do tend to steal a lot in games though. Way I see it, if i'm saving the world, that legendary weapon is gonna serve a better use than if it was tucked away in a dusty display cabinet.

Good and Bad choice game design is a gaming pet hate of mine.

If a game signals that one decision is clearly morally good and one is bad. Of course you're going to take the good one, every time. Why would you not? :facepalm:

I wish games would try more to entice me to both sides of a moral divide. Kinda be like the devil and the angel on a shoulder like you see in cartoons. Make both options seem inviting. Instead of just plain black and white.

Maybe it's the characters or gaming stories pushing you that way because you're usually always fighting the 'baddies' so you feel have to be 'good' to stay in character. But a lot of my favourite gaming bad guys are folk that are bad or have turned but I totally understand why they did. Like the Horde in Warcraft. I wish more games would put you on that sort of story but not tell you clearly that you're heading that way.