Sign in to follow this  
DifferentClass

Fallout 4

On 19/03/2019 at 08:41, shinymcshine said:

IIRC then ADA was part of the Automatron DLC - so you might not be suited to do that until you've levelled up & got better kit.

Fucking Rodger that! It was dead easy up until the boss fight, it was at that point the game spread my arse like I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

Played close to 5 hours tonight. Made a concerted effort to go between my settlements and make sure they're alright. Got the Strong companion and then went and help Preston sort the castle out. That area is a bit much for me right now.

I had to spend ages sorting out my  carrying capacity. It was at 250 but then I dropped a pocketed bit of armour that lowered me to 245. This was a major pain in the arse.and I had to go through all my guns and drop the ones I wasn't really using.For some reason my carry weight shot up to 270. I don't know if I had a Radstag steak or what. I really need to get my carry weight up though, it's got to go up permanently at some point, the body armour I'm wearing I think has added more and more weight as the game has passed. Same with the weapons, they've snuck up on the limit and I've been unaware how much it really is. Usually when I play these games put enough points in strength so I can grab strong back, but I've not done that this time. I did a work out long before I noticed this problem that the level ups between now and 27 when I get the next perk that I need for damage would see me to the charisma level and purchase of the leadership so I could set up trade routes without wasting anything. Now I'm seriously considering putting points into strength so I can grab the strong back perk and not have to fuck about as much.

I think now the Minutemen's radio is up this is where I'll be getting the "Another settlement need help" stuff. I ended the night going to Hangman's to kill a few guys because I was sent there. The NPC's chased the threat right out the gate though, since they're all armed to the teeth and have fire bombs. They're going to need to try harder if they want to rob that safehouse.

Also randomly I sometimes get XP. Not complaining, I'd just like to know why.

10 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Also randomly I sometimes get XP. Not complaining, I'd just like to know why.

I think this can sometimes happen when an enemy dies, despite you not being involved. Sometimes from fighting others, sometimes just from bugging out on spawn or something.

I wish it'd happen more. Apparently the trade routes reward XP if they kill anything on their travels. One of my friends was telling me that if you set up trade routes that happen to be in the harder areas they clear them out as they're going back and forth, even to the point of showing up and joining a fight if you're on the same path.

He told me a story about how he was having this massive fight and there was a fight going on at the other side of the base, he just assumed they were dealing with another faction so he was lobbing grenades about. Turns out the fighting on the other side of the base was his settler that had them pinched that they ended up dying as collateral.

That's the trade routes set up, or at least some trade routes. I set one from Sanctuary to Red Rocket, from Red Rocket to Starlight and from Starlight to Hangmen's. There's still settlements that have to be connected But I don't see the point just yet. If they get attacked I'll go to the settlement through a settlement that I can send out a trader and then build up from there.

Aside from that, I did some Brotherhood stuff tonight. Then I went and searched for a guy called Kellogg. I also did a fair bit of building. I actually wired up a building with lighting. It wasn't as hard as I was expecting.

Sort of want to set up shops and those scrapping desks next. I'm looking at making Starlight a market area. I have ideas, it's just getting the materials for it. I always seem to be down on one thing. I've actually started looking at the traders that come through and buying all the stuff that's a few caps and then chucking them in the desk. I've not bought many shipments yet as they're too expensive, but if I get a lot of caps from the shops that might be my go to. 

That's Kellogg dealt with. He basically almost confirmed what I suspected where the story would go in regards of Shaun. Such lazy story writing.

I went back to Starlight to drop off some shit. Some Minutemen were fighting with Mutants on the east side. They died. What they weren't expecting is that 16 settlers were ready to roll over them like a tiny personal army.

I repaid their huge courage by building a pub for them. They've earned it.

I found a bobblehead on my journey. These things must be super well hidden because I've not found many of them at all since I started playing. I think this is the third one I've found.

20190323172916_1.jpg

7 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

I found a bobblehead on my journey. These things must be super well hidden because I've not found many of them at all since I started playing. I think this is the third one I've found.

Opened my mouth too soon. I found three of them in my last session. One of them was for melee combat which I don't do, so that was pointless. The others were for lockpicking, which I can do OK, but the buff will make it a tad easier and explosive buffs, which is semi decent for when I'm chucking grenades about. I've found a fair few magazined that give better buffs, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. A perk is a perk.

I did the brain thing with Kellogg and ended up picking up a guy call MacCready. I really like fighting with this guy, he can fight at all ranges and be competent. I opened up a mission with him where he wants to go sort some people out and will be doing that soonish. I got justice on someone committing murders in a quest that wasn't signposted. Also did a bit of side side questing, checking out rumours and stuff written note terminals or notes.

Ended up the night by cashing in some Brotherhood stuff and now I'm on the big thing at the airport. Danse is with me and I've to go around talking to people that I don't particularly care about. I'll do it next session.

I don't think he's mentioned anything like that, so no?

It's going back a long time, but if I think it is who it is, that kid was a right dickhead.

Worst thing about the Brotherhood - by refusing to join or help them I locked myself out of their questline, which meant that I never got the trophy for finding every location in the game because there is no other way of getting to their blimp >:|

Literally the one location I was missing

I still have no idea if the Brotherhood are good guys.They talk the good talk but they seem so suspect with it. For all I know the "people" in The Institute could be the good guys, it's not like I've spoken to them outside Kellogg.

The Minutemen seem to be the only people doing seemingly the right thing.

I did come across a murder mystery mission last night in a pristine town. I forget the name of it but there's some shady shit going on there. I'm off to a fishing creek at some point to see what these fucks are hiding. I know it's a settlement because there's a red workstation in there, I just hope I don't fuck it up and lose the damn thing, it's ideally placed to service the unconnected parts of my network out east.

Murder mystery solved. Poor Dan. I felt bad for him. I've come to a conclusion though. Synths are bad. There's only two occasions where I've not been attacked on sight by them. One where I crossed a random encounter where they were arguing and I convinced the humans to let him go. He wasn't in a position to start being a cunt. The other is Valentine. Every other instance I've been attacked on sight. Sometimes it's not been apparent, they've been mixed in with mobs but also had packs of their own, but here is the thing that convinced me.

Spoiler

I was in the downtown and I can hear gunshots. I've full health, I'm fully loaded so I run towards the gunfire in the hope of getting some XP and some loot. As you do. There are raiders fighting and I see a friendly in the middle called Art. So I start picking off the raiders and work my way around the corner and set VATS off again and under my aim it shows Art. I suspect that Art must have caught a bullet from me in the cross fire so I kill him and loot his body. It turns out it's a Synth. I go around looting the rest of the dropped bodies and the other Art is there. He says he's not in the mood to talk because he just saw someone wearing his face.

Now I know that Synths are actively trying to replace humans and will dispose of them and replace them if they get the chance. Why would they do that? That is shady as fuck.

Of course I don't know about all the other Synths that have not let themselves be known. But why would they? If they have ulterior motives, then why come out as a Synth?

This is very different from FO3's Replicated Man. From memory the foundation that was looking over him wanted him to have a life as a human. This particular one wasn't doing any harm nor was he killing people to replace them. These Synths? It looks like they're trying to genocide the humans to take their place.

And that is why they'll be getting a shotgun blast to the CPU the second I find out, unless they start giving me answers. Sneaky fuckers.

Done loads today. Lots of base fixing up and running across the map killing stuff.

I was at Finch Farm waiting on the trade route since I had some stuff I wanted to equip them with. In the distance I could see laser fire. A molotov went off so I get my sniper rifle out and I'm looking to see what's happening. Turns out the Rust Devils have downed my provisioner. I opened fire and then all of a sudden all my settlers decided to stand on the cliff face just shooting the fuck out of the robots down below. It was awesome. I usually have quite tense stand off against the Rust Devils, sometimes it can go quite wrong depending on their composition. This though, we just annihilated them.

Also over the last few sessions Deathclaw's have started showing up. The every first one killed me because stupidly I didn't draw my shotty when it got close. All the others I've killed, some have been easier than others, but there was one Alpha that was fucking insane, I was fighting it for a few minutes. I thought it was going to one shot me every time it got a bit close. When you're going through all the other bits you've crossed checking on settlements and you're one shotting shit coming up against foes like that is rough. I came across a bear in the city centre that startled me as well. It didn't give me any issues, I just put 2 .44 bullets in its face.

I finished up the entirety of the Cabot quest line. Really enjoyed the shoot out in the Insane Asylum. Sort of wanted to let the guy out at the end but I feared he would be a fucker to kill so dealt with him. I've to go back in a weeks time to get my reward.

I've discovered some more settlements but can't open them yet. One was called the Slog. One was down on the coast near the base with all the mini nukes in and another I found just tonight was a farm just south of the Red Rocket. I really want to open these to get supply routes going.

I'm rolling with Nick right now. I was rolling with Danse but he left to go back to the Brotherhood Balloon, so I got stuck with ADA again for ages. I think I'm really close to maxing out MacCready so I might take him for a walk and see if he has more missions to do. I just hope I don't have to deal with another Assaultron. Aside from the Mechanist that mob is the hardest single mob I've seen. I didn't even kill it, I just killed the dudes and looted the bridge and avoided her. She is mean as fuck. That laser attack ruins everything.

I've been all over with Nick tonight, He has grown on me a lot. I've got a bit into his backstory and we're going after some tapes to secure a clever code that will allow us to open his bunker and kill him. It's been cool. Ruthlessly hard at points and it's only going to get harder as I push further south into what appears to be marshlands from the map. There's also the station by the glowing sea which I've not gone to yet. It's made me play conservatively so I don't bite off more than I can chew.

I have a few sniper rifles that are coming in really handy, I've put a few points into the rifleman perk, before I could maybe pop a head from sneaking but not as often as I'd like. Now I have 2 ranks in there most of the human heads get whipped off no problem and some can even be take off without the stealth bonus. There's that Ninja perk that allows you to buff the damage multiplier that would help loads but I'm like 3 points away from that, unless I happen to stumble across the Agility Bobblehead. I've got far more pressing things to level up. I'm at a level now where everything I've put points in can now have more points added, so I'd rather do that.

Speaking of level, I am now nearly double of what I was when I attempted the Mechanist boss. I have a lot more HP to play with now. I have 100 missiles to play with as well so that bastard might be due for another visit.

I also had a serious revision of Hangmen's Valley and completely redesigned it. I ran out of materials before I could completely finish it, but I have a vision that I'm pretty happy with. Even got electric running about, I've figured out that you can keep the wires down by using those pipe connectors. Once I've completely done with Hangmen's I'll post some pictures.

I had a huge big fuck off shoot out at Taffington, one where my settlement got absolutely fucked by Rust Devils. Those robots just ate through my defences like they were none existent and because the way I built the scaffolding on the boundary with turrets placed on top my people had nowhere to hide but either in the building or on the outside of the scaffold with minimal cover. That was a massive oversight.

After the fight finished my provisioner turned up and stood about looking at all the robot debris all over. I swapped her hat for a miners hat with the lamp on then give her some armour because the people in camp wouldn't accept weapons. It took her clothes off when I gave her the armour so I had the mad idea that I'm going to try and put all my provisioners in vault suits. I am hoping that it'll happen, everything else has respawned so I see no reason why the clothes in 111 don't renew. The bright blue in daylight and lamp on at night time is going to make them stand out when I'm knocking about.

I'm easily going to break 100 hours on this game. I feel like I'm maybe half way through it or so. I've not gone to Nuka World or Far Harbour yet either. When I look at all my friends on steam that managed less than 10 hours and then packed in it makes me a bit sad. I don't know if the roughness of the initial release or the start put them off, but it's been a huge surprise for me. I thought I would have bounced right off it as well, and I'm really glad that wasn't the case. It's been a really enjoyable game with very little of the typical Bethesda bugginess.

Once I've completely done with Hangmen's I'll post some pictures.

Look forward to it!

I swapped her hat for a miners hat with the lamp on

Told you this was a good idea ;)

It's been a really enjoyable game with very little of the typical Bethesda bugginess.

I think this is just what happens when you play a Bethesda game several years down the line, once they've had a load of patching.

3 hours ago, OrangeRKN said:

I think this is just what happens when you play a Bethesda game several years down the line, once they've had a load of patching.

Really the only bugs I've seen were the quarry being a bit fucked up graphically when it was full of water, a few texture issues, the occasional path issue (which they have a failsafe for now) and bodies falling through the floor. I think that last one is the most annoying if I'm being honest. Bodies despawning too quickly or not at all needs to be looked at. I did have a thing where a double spawn happened on the bridge MacCready's former bosses are on. I cleared it out (bar the Assaultron which gladly didn't show up) and when I walked one way picking the bridge clean I went right to the end, then when I came back the usual mobs were there without the bosses. I think what happened there is it triggered the mission mobs and when I got far enough away triggered in the vanilla mobs and refilled all the boxes again. 

To be perfectly honest for closing in on 100 hours played I've not seen anything game breaking. There's been nothing like the horses glitching at the start of Skyrim or quests glitching out. It's been functional in that regard.

When/if I play again I'll be using Nexus and community patches will be getting installed, that should make it rock solid, or as rock solid as these games can be.

Quincy then. Fucking hell that was a rough time. All three guys are dead and I got the holotape Nick wanted from the cop shop. Decided to take a squint at Jamaica Plains on the way back.There's a lot of ghouls here. Seriously. Fucking loads of them.  I counted 20 or more corpses next to the chained up church. Each building I go in has 5 or more, some have 10. There's got to be 70 or somewhere around that and I still haven't cleared the area enough to activate the workbench. Nor have I found the loot that's supposedly hidden there. It's miles away from any other settlements, I must have dodged loads on the way down here.

Actually had to use chems for the first time properly last session too. RadX near the Vault 88 excavation site. I did get a constant ticking at the carpark entry of Quincy, I can eat quite a lot of RADS with a Radaway but I can't be eating that many RADS all the time. I do have a suit that had RAD prevention on it that I carry, but it's no good in a firefight. I stopped picking them up aside from Radaway, but if I'm going to be consuming them I might have to start keeping a few on my person.

I just had 3 settlement attacks back to back. They were right next to each other so it wasn't that much trouble to deal with, but holy fuck if that happens all the time it's going to be unbearable. I've run out of oil so making defences for these is going to be hard unless a load suddenly shows up. The other places are mostly tooled up so I'm not as worried about them, but these three need bolstering as soon as I can manage it. Maybe I just got a bad roll and everything fell at once, or maybe I've had it too good and this is what it's always like. I don't know yet. Hopefully some reinforcement will prevent it from happening again.

Finished up gathering the tapes for Nick. He's out of commission for a bit now, I'll rendezvous with him further down the line. I did look for MacCready but I couldn't find him, so I ended up going back to Sanctuary and picking up Preston for a bit. It was either Garvey, Codsworth or Dogmeat, and since I'm on Minuteman business duties clearing out invaders it seems only right to bring Preston along. It might get him to like me a bit and kick some missions off.

Those blue smoke grenades are fucking dope. It's that sort of shit that makes me smile from ear to ear. Good job, Fallout 4. I love this.