Sign in to follow this  
DifferentClass

Fallout 4

"Finished" this last night, well, one ending in anycase. Went with the Brotherhood of Steel for this one as it's probably the questline that'll net the least XP. Kept a complete game save just in case it's needed for any DLC.

I have a save to revert back to so I can follow the other two factions storylines but for now I'm going to have a small break.

I enjoyed the game in the end, it's in no way groundbreaking and if Fallout 5 ever happens Bethesda need to step things up (new engine would be nice), I had fun though and in the end that's all that matters.

Yeah, I agree, Nag, they really need to implement a new engine, and add a completely new gameplay mechanic or system into place if they decide to go ahead with a Fallout 5, would like to see them go back to more role-playing stuff as well, as the side-quests I encountered had far too much 'go here shoot this' for the most part, for me, and not enough role playing. The Side-Quests in Witcher 3 were so incredibly well realised, I hope Bethesda can copy them and do side-quests like them for the next TES and Fallout entries.

Hopefully we won't have to wait another 7 years for F5 though :lol: probably be on PS5 and Xbox Two by then :o

The only thing stopping me getting the 1000g in this now is that settlement achievement, I just can't be arsed dedicating any time to it... It's a fucking chore.

I'll buy the season pass when I have a bit of spare cash, hopefully we'll get two or three good sized expansions to go with the main game... Something like Point Lookout would be lovely. :)

Been back to a previous save over the last few days to get complete games for the other two factions, the Institute was a little lackluster in my opinion... the Railroad on the other hand, was great stuff... especially wiping out the Brotherhood of Steel with a mixture of Fatman bombs and Railway Spikes.

So, just in case the DLC pulls some shit where you have to have a certain faction on side I'm all set for when that makes an appearance. :)

This is pretty great, isn't it? After a slightly slow and confusing start, I am now fully invested. I reached Diamond City last night, at level 12. Along the way I have joined the Minutemen and Brotherhood of Steel, done around 11 side quests and only 2 main story. When I left it I was about to reach Valentine.

I'm a bit late to this party, the Wife wanted to get this for me as a Christmas present, which worked out quite nicely giving it time to be patched out a little.

After seeing a few articles, and a few friends saying they were really disapointed with it, have to say i'm loving every second. Five and a half hours in and i'm part of the minute men, and have helped out one settlement by clearing out a factory of raiders. Enjoying the Settlement building so far, and the soundtrack is classic Fallout, which means i'll be whistling 'civilisation' for the foreseeable future.

Fallout 4‘s first downloadable add-on, “Automatron,” will launch across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC for $9.99 USD / £7.99 GBP / $16.95 AUD on March 22, Bethesda Softworks announced.

Here’s an overview:
The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/fallout-4-automatron-dlc-launches-march-22

Fuck off with your crafting Bethesda, it's the worst part of your game!

Yeah, I'm not interested in the first two DLCs really, the one I want is Far Harbour and I won't be returning to the game until that drops.

Just started playing the DLC for this yesterday, started off with Automatron.

Played about 3 hours, didn't like it at all.

It's just so painfully dull, 'go here, meet this robot', 'robot wants you to get some shit from 3 locations' - endless killing ensues yadda yadda yadda, it just feels like an added questline in a game that doesn't really need it, it doesn't do anything special or cool, it's just a mediocre questline in an enormous game.

Being able to make your own robots is quite cool though I guess, I just wish I didn't have my progress in the main questline hindered by having to make one (and search around for components).

Hopefully finish this tomorrow and move on to Far Harbour, god I hope that's better.

It is better but don't expect too much, the setting itself is drab as fuck... the story is reasonably decent though.

Guessing you're on pc?

Yeah, playing on PC.

Finished Automatron yesterday, fortunately Far Harbour has been much better so far, still not anything mind-blowing and I do find my mind wandering a bit sometimes as I'm playing.

But, yeah, decent story and factions to explore so far, Far Harbour itself is cool and gives off a Lovecraftian vibe, the island though just kooks like the Commonwealth forests in the North which is a tad disappointing.

Another 3 hours of Far Harbour yesterday.

Really enjoyed it, first time the time the time flew by really whilst playing this expansion.

Spent the entirety of my time finishing side-quests for the Children of Atom (last faction I had side-quests available for), after they were all finished I carried on with the main story which took a few interesting and unexpected turns.

Spoiler

Really wasn't expecting the Tron-like moment of being sucked inside a computer terminal into DiMA's memories, that really spooned me out, everything looked like Minecraft and you had to put some puzzles together to get these little cockroach things to retrieve memory data from this light beacon, was loving the change of pace and the absurdity and abstract nature of what I was tasked to do, but after a while (there's 5 of them) I just wanted to get back into 'the real world' in Far Harbour so to speak, it got rather tedious having to do 5 of them, 3 would of been fine.

So yeah, that's all I had time for yesterday, not sure how much longer I've got left to go, but seeing as I've spent 9 hours with this Expansion you definitely get your money's worth that's for sure!

I used a walkthrough YouTube video for those, I really couldn't be bothered with those memory segments.... they felt completely out of place.

I don't think there's too much further now in regards to the main quest line, I think whichever way you decide to do things there's 3 endings you can aim for (2 resulting in achievements)...

Yeah, I used a walkthrough for the last one as I just got completely lost with that one, the other ones I managed without though. As I said in my previous post initially I felt they were a fun absurd distraction but they did go on a bit, no need for 5 of them at al 1-3 would've been perfect.

Finished it earlier, took me 11 hours or so in total.

Really enjoyed it, the story is great and it was nice to actually be trusted to resolve things with talking rather than guns, first bit of roleplaying in the game really after the 'kill them, or them, or them' of the main game.

Loved the options available and that you had free reign to decide the Island's fate, characters were great and I loved getting to know the three factions and do all their side quests.

Definitely recommended, a really good expansion that enhances the game in my view.

Bring on Nuka-World in August!

Playing through the Nuka World dlc at the minute and finding it to be a massive chore to be perfectly honest. The actual game world is bright and cheery enough in an apocalyptic sort of way but the quest line it's thrown me into is just masses and masses of forced combat and it's just bloody boring.

I'll be glad to put this game to bed after this is done truth be told... the season pass hasn't been much cop.