Sign in to follow this  
DifferentClass

Fallout 4

Will that happen for Fallout 4?

Never say never, but I highly doubt it, its already engrossed me which is a good sign, and I can't stop thinking about playing it even when i'm not playing it, which to me is the sign of a good RPG (and a good game in general).

I was more hyped for this than any other game in the past 5 years at least, it has a lot more to live up to, but at the moment its met my expectations, it's not exceeded them though yet, I haven't been surprised or blown away by it (apart from the fantastic opening - god I wish Bethesda didn't spoil that at E3) and the side-quests and atmosphere have felt a bit lacking compared to The Witcher 3 so far, but I'm very early in.

Everything is built off the famous Bethesda template and F3, there's no surprises really, for fans of F3 like myself that's a good thing, Bethesda have expanded on their famous formula and perhaps made it the very best its ever been, but for some that won't be enough, for me though it is, I just hope the side-quests get better, that's my main complaint, the story is already showing more promise than F3 which is good but the side-quests and atmosphere have let the side down slightly.

Now time for an update....Did another 2 hours in the Commonwealth tonight, finished another story quest which led me into the base-building, I watched this excellent tutorial video from Ian Higton of Eurogamer:

Which explains everything simply and succinctly and away I went, I wasn't really interested in this aspect of the game before I started but I did want to give it a try, and boy, am I glad I did, it is so incredibly compelling. Just going around the town collecting scrap, demolishing dilapidated houses in Workshop mode, getting Steel/Wood/Cloth etc. to build things with was strangely satisfying and then when I collected everything I could I built 3 or 4 pre-fab shacks for my settlers, put in about 30 beds, built a water purifier, 2 generators, some lights, a couple of defence turrets and guard towers, incredibly cool stuff, strangely compelling and satisfying, must've spent about an hour at least just messing about with that.

After that I got a quest to go help out another settlement so I made my way over to the marker, discovering loads of locations along the way, met my first Super Mutants which I legged it from :lol: but didn't find anything too interesting really :( another Vault popped up on my compass so I'll have to try and find that tomorrow, the Vaults in F3 were some of the most interesting locales, more tomorrow!

I think the famous Bethesda formula may be becoming more Infamous nowadays to be fair.

Made my way to Diamond City last night, ignoring most markers on the map apart from when the sound of gunfire caught my attention... that turned out to be a fight between some Feral Ghouls and the Brotherhood of Steel, so helped them out and got the offer of helping them some more, I decided to carry on with my original destination, I'll return there later.

Anyway did a few bits and bobs around the city and that's pretty much it for the night...

This may go on the backburner for a while now if Rise turns up as I'm more interested in that at the minute, so we'll see what happens.

This thread is a 9. I'm too busy with Destiny or PES but I'm looking forward to playing this soon. Loved F3 so hoping I'll feel the same with this.

There's absolutely no way that this thread is a 9... 7.5 tops, the comments are dated and sometimes the fps drops to 3...

I think a couple years ago this might have managed a 9 but its the same old shit and in retrospect even back then it wasnt a 9.

To be honest I'd fucking love to see one of you mods actually do some work...

:P

6/10 total shite ;)

Another 5 hours played yesterday/today, made quite a lot of progress, did a couple of the Settlement quests, one was too hard so I left it but the other I finished and I got an offer from Preston to meet him for some big mission somewhere or something, will get round to that sometime, a lot more exploring as well, discovered a shit-ton more new areas again, only exploring the ones where I didn't get raped in and around the wilderness, then moved in towards the Boston itself for the first time, discovered a load of new areas here, did a bit of looting and exploring and then did my toughest Quest yet, it was damn cool, but pretty tough, used up loads of Ammo and Stimpaks but eventually made it, killed all the super mutants and completed it, after that I called it a day.

Desperately need to find some food for my Sanctuary settlement, but for the life of me I can't find anything anywhere so the number of settlers is currently dwindling and their happiness isn't great :( I keep looking everywhere for some carrots or anything I can plant, but I just can't find anything, guess I need to find some garden area or something somewhere, anyway, more tomorrow! :D

Maybe, is it called Abernacey farm or something like that? If so yes.

Another 5 hours yesterday/today, a lot more exploring (got the 'chievo for 100 locations discovered :)) a few more side-quests and a whole lot more fun, the game has really started to click with me now and I'm absolutely lapping it up I must say, cannot wait to play more later today.

So I've played this for 2-3 hours..and stopped. It's broken enough for me to step back from it.

Keep having to reload saves because NPCs are get stuck or not moving isn't fun..the lip synching as well. :lol:

The intro so far has done almost nothing to show you the new features too and just chucks them all on your lap. The new stuff in Skyrim was all quest lined was it not? Why didn't they do it here?

But I had some fun just going about exploring and scavenging. I'll definitely play more when it's patched abit. But first impressions aren't great.

So I've played this for 2-3 hours..and stopped. It's broken enough for me to step back from it.

Keep having to reload saves because NPCs are get stuck or not moving isn't fun..the lip synching as well. :lol:

The intro so far has done almost nothing to show you the new features too and just chucks them all on your lap. The new stuff in Skyrim was all quest lined was it not? Why didn't they do it here?

But I had some fun just going about exploring and scavenging. I'll definitely play more when it's patched abit. But first impressions aren't great.

Have to say I've had very few bugs in my 23 hours with the game, maybe the console versions are worse off, I'm not sure. All I've had is a few skeletons floating in the air, a few limbs twirling around of their own accord after I've killed something :lol: but nothing major at all, I've had a few NPCs walking into walls and stuff as well Duck but as long as they're still responsive and you're still able to talk to them or cash in/receive a quest, I was really fussed to be honest, seems to happen in every open world game nowadays, I know its happened dozens of times in Ass Creed over the years :lol: as long as it doesn't prevent me from progressing then I continue on.

They do chuck you into the world I agree, they explain the basics of VATS and firing your gun in the Vault but then seemingly they leave you to it pretty much as soon as you get out, hoping you'll remember the systems from past Fallout games presumably. They do explain the base-building stuff at the end of one of the first missions, but it's just a few text boxes, nothing more and if you miss it they never pop up again :lol: I pretty much learnt how to do it by watching videos on YT. I do kind of like it in a way, I mean for new players to a Bethesda RPG and/or Fallout it must be incredibly overwhelming, but for me, as an experienced guy used to all the systems Bethesda GS use it's quite cool in a way that the game doesn't hold your hand and you're just left to your own devices to do whatever the fuck you want to do in the Wasteland.

In other news...23 hours in now, Level 21. The games definitely gathered a rhythm to it, and I've stopped exploring so much and started doing some side-quests, some have been very cool but some seem to repeat ad-nauseum, I've done an absolute butt-ton of the Settlement side-quests but it seems they just repeat over and over again, it'll pop up 'Nordstrom farm ghoul problem' you go over, speak to the settlers and they'll tell you of some place to go to clear out some enemies, then a few hours later you'll get the same notification pop up at (sometimes) the exact same location, doing much the same thing.

Had this in the Brotherhood of Steel quest-line too, did 2 quests for some people, came back and they sent me out on exactly the same quests just in a different location, bit shitty really and I've got 0 motivation to just keep repeating the same quests over and over again, even though they are cool the first few times, but would like to complete the Minutemen and BoS questlines if I can.

Not really sure what to do later today, may give the main-questline a go as I've only got about 6 or 7 side-quests on my Pip-Boy and 4/5 of those are the repeating missions for the differing factions mentioned above.

I just had a look on the recommendations part of steam for this and people are giving it a right old kicking. Some of the stuff they mention is super weird to me. No karma system? No skill points? Weapons no longer degrade? These are just a few of the things pulled from the many things that make Fallout Fallout. I'm a bit bewildered by what I'm reading.