passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Buying a Gaming PC

radiofloyd

11 minutes ago, shinymcshine said:

They are reputable enough, but 'legit' remains a bit hazy - since they essentially sell keys from cheaper overseas markets (which were never destined to be sold as such in UK etc) - a bit like setting up a different region account on your PS or Xbox to buy cheaper deals from their respective regional stores - so there is a small risk that one day someone could challenge whatever you've bought, if it wasn't being used in its intended region.

They're pretty much as legit as you can get. You're buying a physical CD key which is them sent to you to redeem on Steam etc.

They're a reputable seller, you're not buying from a person or a 'shop' like a G2A or whatever, you're buying from them and they buy physical copies of games from different markets. 

Obviously you do you etc. and same goes for Maf, but I used them religiously when I used my PC from 2014-2019 for almost all new game releases on there and never once had an issue with them, they were superb.

• 1 month later...

• 6 months later...

They look really cool, but have compatibility issues with a massive array of games. Most games you play will not support the aspect ratio, but the few that do look really cool with it (Death Stranding). 

You could probably mod the games that don't support the aspect ratio to support it, but that is extremely tedious stuff to be doing all the time

Very enthusiast, kinda hardcore sort of purchase. I've seen people get them for MMOs to have better real estate for resolving mechanics, but also cause the huge FoV is particularly nice for PC gaming.

Curved is a dumb gimmick imo and I think I've even seen before they have colour issues but might be misremembering.

Second monitor is essential if you're streaming and shit. Wouldn't bother with anything gimmicky, it won't be supported and as OAD said, fucking about to get stuff to display on them is something you will have to swallow.

Don't need anything fancy, it'll be showing OBS, Discord or Spotify most of the time. Just because you can spend a lot doesn't mean you should.

• 1 month later...

EVGA will no longer manufacture nvidia cards

80 percent of the EVGA's revenue comes from these cards

8siVg0G.png

Something bad happened, I guess. Also I heard all EVGA cards that people have already bought will walk out of their owner's PCs in solidarity with this decision.

edit appears to be that nvidia leave third parties high and dry with very little profit margins, evga likely not the only angry ones

New DLSS, version 3.0

At some point we need a new benchmark game other than cyberpunk lol

exclusive to the new cards coming out btw, so anyone who doesn't upgrade all the time gets left behind I guess

edit buried the lead on this, oops. New cards were also announced

You will not get this for anywhere near that RRP, it will be even more expensive lol

I was just reading about this over at Eurogamer. They sound amazing. 4 x better than the current 30 cards or something? Holy shit.

I would love to get one but I think it’s not going to be for a very long time by the sounds of it. Maybe in 2025 when they announce the 50 series 🙁

You need to take these measurements with not a grain of salt but something more like a truckload, they are describing best case scenarios and probably just ones that involve DLSS 3.0, which won't even be in every game. They did the exact same shit with the RTX3000 series, the graphs they provided aren't at all reflective of how much more powerful the cards were except with dlss 2.

Nvidia are like this, they really like locking people into their proprietary libraries. They've been doing it for years with things like gameworks and physx stuff but DLSS is where it's become really effective for them cause it's actually necessary for ray tracing, unlike the other stuff (the witcher 3 hair tech always looked awful imo)

These cards will be massively powerful of course but they will never be worth what nvidia are asking for here. Except for the rtx remix stuff for modding old games which if that is card exclusive then that looks really cool

I think as a silver lining the 30 series is becoming much more easy to source now, and the 40x series should help cushion the sticker shock a bit cause that's what the insane people will be trying to get now and there will be loads of 2nd hand cards out there. 30x are still very viable cards and nothing has released since Cyberpunk to really threaten any hardware, and nothing like that is on the horizon either.

Tho I think the 30x series will still be more expensive than we started off with, just cause of well, everything. 

I've not had anything run my 3070 yet, but saying that I've not really put it under any mad duress.

Deep Rock Galactic with all the reflections and shit on looks crazy good, the way the light diffuses and reflects off the geometry is super pretty, even though it's not full RTX. It's all so buttery smooth too.

The 40xx cards are a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist now. I can only speak for myself of course, but it might be 50xx or maybe even 60xx cards where I'll consider the upgrade is worth it.

I saw that about Ethereum, I think mostly pricing is just fucked by the weakness of our respective currencies at this point. You can find the cards easily enough now tho and the absolutely insane prices aren't as much a thing

Probably will be some even better deals out there tho for 30x once 40x comes out. I think demand will be way too low for a lot of it but just guessing