passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Batman vs Superman : Dawn of Justice

Hendo

If that doesnt end up being absolute bullshit I will eat all of the hats. Its pure straw clutching at its finest, tenuous links used to back up incredible coincidence and logic like 'we know that dream sequences are used to fool fans, captain america did it' being used to prove that this film is going to have a dream sequence, and because of that iron clad logic the dream sequence will mislead people into thinking that Affleck is Batman.

This is why the internet needs the equivalent of those child proof caps that go on medicine bottles, just reading through all of that was a frightening insight into the mind of a madman.

The idea that Leto is actually Robin doesn't seem to hold water to me, but the idea that this Batman isn't Bruce Wayne I think does.

Another thing on the business side of things I think they may be doing that to also get movie audiences used to the idea that these super hero mantels can be and are past on to different characters in comics, as far as I'm aware. Marvel will have to pull something like that when Downey Jr. stops being Tony Stark. I don't think a new guy playing Tony Stark will go down that well, but I another character being Iron Man would, maybe?

I dunno. Spit balling a bit here.

Yeah that's the best thing they should do.

There was a similar idea going round MGM for a while to bring all the James Bonds into a film to show that 007 and the name James Bond is just a code name for an agent until they get replaced but they threw that idea out, which I think is a shame.

Marvel might be getting close to pulling that off with the films, after a long period of build up. DC doing that with the first of their cross over films?

Im not saying this theory is impossible, they cast Affleck as Batman for fuck sake, they are crazy enough to do it, but I'm saying even if it turns out to be true, it's a terrible idea.

• 1 month later...

New trailer looks so so bad. Im really worried about this, but on a positive note, I think im getting round to the idea of Affleck as bats.

Things to look out for: -Batmans eye makeup magically disappearing when the mask comes off.
-Supermans mega hair receding when he turns to look at the mask.
-How bad the film is going to be

The civil war comics are some of the best comics ever written, a personal favourite. In my opinion they have done the right thing by taking the storyline but not copying the comics at all. Its a storyline that can really work in the universe that they have built up but if they took on the comics then they would be setting themselves up for disappointment, it's the holy grail.

I've seen a few media outlets speculate that the latest Batman vs superman trailer is a dream sequence. Why the fuckety fuck would you release that as a trailer, it's such a heavy handed Snyder thing to do. EVIL SUPERMAN?! Fucking hell

Also, fear on Batman's face? This should be called 'sort of Batman vs sort of superman'

Whichever day I posted, yesterday was it? If you search it on Twitter there are about a million billion results. Would link it but I'm on phone.

Edit: what the actual fuck, it's a trailer of a trailer due out on Wednesday. Fuck this film.

I think it was just a teaser..

What I think the story they're going for I'm into. People starting to freak out over Superman and what 'could' happen if he turned kinda like Red Son. But Snyder's stuff is always so over designed to me and he'll use a lot of CG (badly) to get the perfect shot.

I liked the Civil War trailer. As Sam said there's no way they could of made the actually event that into a 2hr film. Even more so considering how tiny the MCU pool of heroes is at the moment and how Spiderman's story plays out in the books. Way to early for that.

What I liked about the Age of Ultron film was that had finally introduced most of the characters, so they didn't have to worry about telling origin stories. I'm sick of origin movies. Hopefully with Black Panther being in this they can get that out of the road and make a badass Black Panther film.

• 3 months later...