passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Uncharted : The Nathan Drake Collection

Sambob

I'm just at The Monestary level and have already killed 700 people in 8hr 30 so that's  almost 1.4 per min* (inc. 61 by explosions, 102 by melee).

* Slightly up on the 1.3 pm in U:1

The biggest issue though is that Drake is such an unlikable moron. With those bombastic 80s film there was a clear motive for payback/revenge, I just don't get that's here (the whole Chloe & Flynn relationship is so underbaked, then chuck in a clichéd Nazi reference and a Russian bad guy, honestly!?!?).

Struggling to keep enthused with this, as some of the enemies are now total bullshit.

eg. yeti types, minigunners and natives are all ridiculous bullet sponges

Still, I'm in Shambhala with Chloe and Elena, trying to escape/find the stone, and my last save shows 95%, so not too much of this left (thankfully).

4 hours ago, shinymcshine said:

Struggling to keep enthused with this, as some of the enemies are now total bullshit.

eg. yeti types, minigunners and natives are all ridiculous bullet sponges.

I hated fighting those guys, then playing through a second time years later I picked up the weapon off one of those shambala guardians after killing him, and it was so much more effective against them.

The ending is one of the criticisms of U2 that I’m on board for as well. You can beat the blue guys with the gold crossbows, I think it’s almost an insta-kill. I don’t know it’s been a while. But the whole last chunk of that game gets super hard and is kind of a dick. It’s like what happened, man, I thought we were having a good time? Must be the warm up for Uncharted 3. 

• 1 year later...

I had no wifi for a week so I’ve been booting up everything installed on my PS4. I’ve played 2 hours of Drake’s Fortune, on to chapter 5 and around 30% completion. I like it so far, I haven’t played a game this linear and straightforward for a long time. It’s fast and punchy like a movie.

Up to chapter 8 The Drowned City now and around 50% completion. Initially I worried that this game would be super short, but if I’m around half way through now then I would say the length is probably just right. Naughty Dog are really good at creating environments. The fortress was a pretty spectacular environment even if the cover shooter gunplay is a bit formulaic.

On to chapter 14 now, Going Underground. Those speedboat sections were awful. I’m still enjoying the game but it could do with maybe a little bit more variety in the gameplay. There’s been more gunfights than exploration.

Finished. Wow that got really tedious in the end. Beautiful looking game (I don’t know how the original compares to the remaster) but way too many samey sections, way too many shootouts. I’d say most of the back half of the game was a slog really. If I was making Uncharted 2, I would expand on the non combat sections, reduce the amount of combat a little and add more variety to the game in general. A decent 7/10. Finished the game on normal after just under 9 hours. 27/50 treasures.

• 7 months later...