Jimbo Xiii

Star Wars

They'll probably fill in more of her backstory in the next one.

The last theory/rumour I read was that Luke wiped her memory when she was left on the planet, so she could've done loads of training as a child before that.

I think with Rey, presuming she is a skywalker, then its fair to assume that she has probably been using the force all along without necessarily knowing it. This is just like how Anakin was able to pod-race as a kid and build droids etc, he was using the force without knowing it because in the Skywalker lineage the force is exceptionally strong.

Also couple that with the fact that she has heard stories of the force, admits to being an exceptional pilot and is very proficient with her staff. I dont find it too much of a stretch to believe that she would be proficient with a lightsaber especially with the force guiding her as it does with being a pilot. That manoeuvre where she flips the falcon over so that Finn has the perfect shot on the Tie fighter was clearly achieved by using the force.

There is a line that Mas Kinata says (the one with the funky goggles) that is in the trailer but cut from the film and it talks about the force calling to somebody, presumably Rey, we never see in the trailer, and all the person has to do is let it in. I imagine that line was initially in Mas' palace when Rey finds Luke/Anakin's saber and at the end of the film Rey puts two and two together and lets the force in.

Thats my take on Duck's question anyway.

Yeah, I think might go see it again next week just to see if I missed anything.

A friend of mine said they made a joke about building another planet weapon. But I can't remember it.

I hope Marvel starts releasing some comics on the Awakens characters now. Apparently the Awakens prequel comic Shattered Empire has some back story on Poe which I'll probably checkout. I'd love a Poe comic on how he made to where he was in Awakens.

Well I saw it again last night and am seeing it again again tonight, total random coincidence that it turned out that way. I cant really say im any clearer on any of the questions, the film has obviously been thought through very well and old JJ does love his little mystery box.

Its obvious on the second watch that Rey is using the force throughout the film without realising it, but that doesnt really definitively say one way or another who she might be related to.

I did see an interview with JJ where he talks about the fact that Star Wars is a kids film without being for kids, and as a result he wanted to make the narrative very clear and understandable. So judging from the fact that he wants it straight forward Id go with the theory that has the most evidence which is that she is Luke's

Watched it yesterday. Just glad it wasn't like the 3 we don't mention any more. Enjoyed the ride and looking forward to next one.

Saw it today. Massive ear to ear grin on my face. Loved it. Roll on the next one. Daisy Ridley was excellent and made up for the shit whiny teenagers that made up the previous three turds.

Saw it in 3D (for £4!), because the time suited us better. It didn't really add much, but the 3D was ok. The opening text scroll was probably the best bit on 3D.

I thought it was very good, I'd managed not to hear much about it beforehand so I didn't know any of the important plot points/spoilers.

It had a number of parallels with A New Hope, and did a good job of intergrating characters from the old trilogy with the start of a new story and new set of characters.

I'd love a Poe comic on how he made it to where he was in Awakens.

post-1727-0-87482300-1452873463_thumb.jp

Poe Dameron, the expert Resistance pilot from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, will make his way to his own comic book series this April. Revealed by USA Today, writer Charles Soule and artist Phil Noto will take this character on new adventures.

The book will focus on the lead-up to The Force Awakens and will have Poe seeking out Lor San Tekka on Jakku to find a piece of the map that will lead the Resistance to Luke Skywalker. Fans will learn more about Poe as an X-wing pilot for General Leia Organa, as a new threat from the First Order rises, which will become Poe's nemesis.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/poe-dameron-comic-coming-to-marvel-in-april/1100-154690/

post-1727-0-48585400-1452873839_thumb.pn

Why didn't you wish for world peace you horrible bastard?

Don't know if anyone saw but the release date of episode 8 has been pushed forward to May next year from its initial July date.

Could've sworn Ep. 8 had a May 2017 release date since it was announced...

Rogue One's out in the shops. I'm finally sitting down to watch it, I still can't believe I never saw it in the cinema.

Tis a wonderful addition to the series I think, especially the last few scenes.

There is rumour on the internets that this Friday will bring us the trailer for The Last Jedi, and boy I am excited.

I was a bit drunk when I watched it, but wasnt it already set in space?

And no I dont think its going to be.