passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars

Jimboxy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Phew, I don't know. In a vaccum, yes, some of these look good. The black-and-white one with the rugged art-style where only special effects are coloured was really nice to look at. But all of these clash so hard with the classic SW aestetic that I can't look at it any other way than seeing it as a desperate attempt from Disney to get younger audiences interested in the IP, which is something they've been struggling with for a while now (and two thirds of the sequel trilogy being awful certainly didn't help).

I suppose I should keep an open mind because despite how out-of-place they looked in earlier seasons, Clone Wars and Rebels eventually turned out to be great shows. But this being mostly just an Animatrix thing that's probably non-canon anyway it's hard to shake my feeling of it being a commercial necessity intead of a genuine attempt to refresh SW (which in any case Mandalorian already accomplished).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seeing as I'm the only one watching it The Book of Boba Fett Ep. 3 wasn't anywhere near as good as the first two. It had this really bad car/sci-fi scooter chase scene in it that seemed like it was running in slow motion and ended in an anticlimactic crash with a load of space apples.

Hoping Ep 4 tonight will be a return to form. 

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Ep 5 of Book of Boba Fett is probably one of the best ever Star Wars TV Episodes, Movies, novels etc. of all time, I'm talking all of SW media, this shit is fucking INCREDIBLE.

Please watch this Episode people, you don't even need to watch Episodes 1-4 to enjoy this, it's so fucking good. 

What’s it’s “look it’s that thing I remember from so and so” to originality ratio?

It was directed by the lady in the water.

But just to be clear you’ve just claimed one episode is better than all the original Star Wars trilogy. 

40 minutes ago, mmmark said:

But just to be clear you’ve just claimed one episode is better than all the original Star Wars trilogy. 

I haven't at all, 'one of' the best doesn't mean 'the best'. 

It's fucking good, if you're an SW fan I think you'll lap it up is all I'm saying. If not then it probably won't convert you.

For context, it's better than the Mandolorian S2 finale that people went nuts for in 2020 IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...