passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars

Jimboxy

So anyway, the new film.

This is supposed to be the end of the trilogy and wrap up the story started in 7.

If we go by the usual trope of trilogies having a dark middle chapter (and no-one guessed exactly how dark that middle chapter would be, and by dark I of course mean terrible) so this should be the ultimate redemption.

Some theories that I won’t put in spoiler tags because what is there to spoil about a film that isn’t out yet?

The Rise of Skywalker - this could be that the light and dark are finally destroyed and in its place is a replacement that covers both but is ultimately good, which people will call Skywalkers.

Or it could be the redemption of Rylo Ken as he is an actual Skywalker, just not in name yet.

People have also picked up on not only the Emperor being in the trailer, but the breathing of Darth Vader.

I’d personally like to see two epic battles being fought at the same time - the physically alive characters fighting each other, while the Force ghosts of the dead all having an epic battle. Potentially with the two fights intertwining while shit pops off.

I’d love a three way battle at the end - light saber battle, ground forces battle, space battle (nice mirror of Return of the Jedi).

Palpatine will be a ghost haunting the remains of the Death Star which I am totally down with. A fun horror sequence would be great. 

I hope we get a Vader/Anakin Force Ghost.

I hope Skywalker is the new Force religion based on balance.

I hope it isn’t shit. 

I could change my mind when I see the movie but I keep seeing that theory that there will be a new group of Force users called Skywalkers and initially I think it’s a really bad idea. I don’t know if it’s too on the nose or a lazy way to keep using that name, but either way I’m not in to it at this point in time.

@one-armed dwarf Don’t bring your millennialism bullshit in here. This is a space for real things not your made up garbage. 

All I'm saying is I'm no Palpatine lover or anything but there's parts of his whole intergalactic fascism ethos that I just think is worth listening to sometimes

Aw crap I got the new page post, well I'll put more of an effort in then

I'm also not a fan of the idea of a new religion of force users, or the series of background epic fights (which reminds me of ROTK). But I do like the idea of bringing dead people back cause I'm a sucker for having everything go full circle and seeing the Emperor be more than just a wrinkly cunt who got thrown down a hole and is a big internet meme or a boring politican guy. Make him more of a credible menace if he's actually not been dead this whole time maybe

I love the idea of the Emperor being a Force Ghost lurking around the remains of the Death Star and the whole wreck has become a well of Dark Side power or something. I don’t know how you use that for story and why these new characters would go there. But as an idea I think it’s great. 

EDIT: Maybe he’s been building power there for a long time and has managed to attract people who have an affinity to the Dark Side there over the years and has been building an army. But it just takes a long time because he is a ghost. Maybe Kylo goes there and the Emperor has a new Skywalker to be he’s champion after Anakin turned away and Luke resisted, and Rey and her team go there to end it all and stop Kylo attaining ultimate power. And in the end Kylo resists too and they bring down together and that’s the Rise of Skywalker.

DOUBLE EDIT: Actually I prefer it if Rey just kills him outright 1) Because they already had the team-up in TLJ and 2) because Kylo fucking sucks

I feel like the internet already cracked this mystery wide open. Screenshot_20190418-213648_Chrome.jpg

Rey finds out at the start of the next film and spends most of the movie making hand jokes. Then slowly becomes a hand and that leads into Disney announcing they have bought the rights to Jackass and the bit in the third movie where they are slapping people with the giant hand while they are carrying donuts and shit was actually Rey. Because she can do anything. Next trilogy covers how she travelled here from a galaxy far far away. 

That's a shit reason to hate him.

The "Kylo is a shit edgelord" take annoys me also because his whole thing is supposed to be that he's this tremulous apprentice buckling under the legacy of his grandfather and uncle. He's not supposed to be a smooth Sith badass.

Also he has my name sort of so I'm inclined to like the character on that basis too

Oh yeah he’s name irritated me as well but I didn’t know why until now

I do really hate looking at him. I can not believe that guy gets on camera. But everything about him sucks. I don’t like the actor, I don’t like the character, I don’t like the point of the character, I don’t like he’s stupid anti-Christ lightsaber with the little things on the sides. 

The best moment in these new films so far is still Snoke tearing him down like “You aren’t Darth Vader, you are a whiny little baby in a stupid fucking helmet” 

Or something. I don’t think that’s an exact quote 

I get what you mean and I think a character like that could work, but I super dislike the execution of it. As well as he’s face. 

I really like the character, and I really like the actor. In interviews he comes across very well and I think he gives the film an enormous amount of credibility but that's opinions for you. 

I also think that the fact that you so strongly dislike him is a testament to the combination of character and actor. 

I agree with one armed dwarf, he is this sort of princeling, born-with-a-silver-spoon type character that has A New Hope's version of Leia's royal arrogance and at the same time he is constantly suppressing anything even the slightest bit Han Solo ish about himself. Its such a layered and nuanced performance when you analyse it, and I think that Adam driver secretely hates playing the role which adds even more to it when you see how much he commits, its very much like Harrison Ford hating star wars but still being pretty much the most iconic star wars character. 

6 hours ago, Maf said:

Am I the only one who hates looking at Kylo’s face? I can’t stand that actor. He is so ugly. 

Wow, rude. I think he's a beautiful man and would definitely have a mutual wank with him in a hot tub if ever the opportunity arose. 

Adam Driver is awesome. Off screen he runs an organisation to bring performing arts shows to troops, and on screen he’s a fantastic talent. 

Kylo Ren is my favourite character from the new trilogy and I hope when the movies are over they explore him more in the books and comics. 

9 hours ago, Sambob said:

I thought you said the EU was crap? 

No, I said “most of’ the “old canon” is “utter nonsense”.