Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo Xiii

Star Wars

@RikSP with hindsight it might be too much fan service and it suffers from Star Wars being the tiniest galaxy ever. 

I agree with that too. I did love the reveal of the hidden villain at the end because I’m a huge fan of the character, and I didn’t find a lot of the fan service as forced as it was in Rogue One, but Star Wars needs to expand and get away from these core characters.

I’m hoping the Johnson trilogy and Benioff & Weiss trilogy will get away from the Skywalkers and characters/time period we know and explore something entirely new. 

1 hour ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

I’m only interested in episode whatever because of Richard E Grant. I hope it’s a major role. 

He's Rey's mum.

He is an older English actor so he will probably be a villain because Star Wars.

3 minutes ago, Sambob said:

He is an older English actor so he will probably be a villain because Star Wars.

Wait, Obi Wan was a bad guy?

31 minutes ago, Sambob said:

You are a fucking bad guy, you know what I mean.

Maybe Ben was the bad guy?

I don’t care who he’s playing to be honest. He’s perfectly suited to be an old imperial (rumours a pointing at Thrawn), or an older member of the rebellion and former friend of Leia/Lando, or even a Jedi/Sith who’s been in hiding. No matter who he plays he’s going to be incredible. 

Star Wars Celebration next week so going to have loads of news and reveals. 

Looking forward to the Episode IX trailer and title reveal, Jedi: Fallen Order trailer and gameplay, The Mandalorian footage and synopsis, hopefully a new look at The Clone Wars season 7 as well as the line up of upcoming comics and books.

I can’t wait. 

Yeah gonna be good. 

Really hope Jedi Fallen Order doesn't look like Force Unleashed 3 but I fear it might.

I've no idea what the Episode IX title will be at this point other than something kind of generic like 'Rebellion' or something.

I’d fucking hope so.

We need Luke getting woken up by Rey, shaking his head and going, “so, you say my sister wants to see me?”.

Star Wars Episode IX: The Last Jedi Was Just A Bad Dream

I have a feel JJ will be doing lots classy retconning to bring it closer to what his idea for IX was originally. He threw out Colin Trevorrow’s script when he signed on so I think there’s going to be a lot packed into it. I would t be surprised if running time hits 3 hours like Avengers: Endgame.

How can you say 7 had depth? That film is as fan service and as easy as they come 

“Let us do the exact same shit, but tweak it a tiny bit”

8 has problems for sure, it’s a better essay than movie. But there’s so much more to unpack and love in than movie that the superficial “look it’s the thing you like!” nature of 7