passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars

Jimboxy

I think you have to say that its a good trailer, it doesnt give anything away really. Even the super nerds that have trawled through concept art dont really know whats going on in.

I think the film is going to be massive, everything thats come out makes me think its going to be the Star Wars film that people have wanted. From things that I think would be a fair assumption, im a little disappointed that they didnt go with the previously established post Return of the Jedi story that Luke spends his time rebuilding the Jedi up. All the games that have come out and books and comics all tend to go with that theme, but judging from the trailer it seems like the force has been largely forgotten again...

Well apparently its like 30 years later, but still, youd think they would have written that shit down somewhere, probably recorded hundreds of thousands of hours of footage about the various wars, and particularly people like Vader, Luke, ObiWan, The Emperor....

I can see the route they are perhaps taking, Luke is missing for some reason, perhaps he half trained some people, maybe the force has disappeared, but I dunno, it doesnt feel like the natural progression that the story would have taken off the back of Return of the Jedi.

judging from the trailer it seems like the force has been largely forgotten again...

This is my only bugbear with the trailer. People within the Star Wars universe have some serious short term memory problems.

I haven't watched the trailer yet.

If episodes 1-3 hadn't happened it would have made some sense, since only 5 people had those powers in the original trilogy and everyone else thought it was superstitious nonsense.

I guess so, Anakin and Obi-Wan were heroes in the first war and the Jedi Council has a say in the running of things on coruscant, but after that you are right, people thought Vader had wiped it out and that he is the last one with that power..... I guess its possible, if Luke doesnt use his powers, and the Emperor doesnt come back somehow then nobody is using the force any more, although stories of it existing will still be around.

It's like us saying that because we haven't been to Vietnam, or spoken to president Regan for 30 years, we completely forgot the Vietnam war happened. Doesn't make sense. Vader destroyed an entire planet. You don't forget something like that.

I agree that you dont forget about it, but you have to factor in that perhaps people just didnt find out about it. There are tons of planets but many of them are kind of primitive and galactic news seems to have taken a bit of a shift certainly during the rebellion. Somewhere like Coruscant would know all about it, but some of the outer rim planets like tattoine etc might never have known about it. Star wars was always painted as a sort of environment where certain people made it their business to find stuff out, and information was certainly available - The Hutts, the Landos etc of the galaxy would have known exactly what was going on all the time with spy networks and space pirates/smugglers trading information but I dont get the impression that the common person knows what the fuck is going on.

The more I think about it, the more I can see how in certain areas would perhaps not know, especially if they think after Revenge of the Sith, Vader went and wiped it all out for 20 years, and then a further 30 odd years pass without hearing.

The bit that will need explaining for me is why Luke wouldnt have made a massive deal of publicising it, of finding people that were force sensitive and making it a thing again, making an academy that people throughout the universe knew about and so on, because that is the way it goes in most expanded universe stories.

Ive booked my ticket to see this, Thursday at 4:45 PM.

I reckon Luke's gone bad. That'll be the twist. You think he's good but he's gone and got himself corrupted.

.... and now he wants to use his sabre on his sister?

That trailer gave me goose bumps. I do hope the film's not 5 hours of shit that massively outstays its welcome.