passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars

Jimboxy

• 1 month later...

That trailer is really cool. I’m glad they lived up to their word as well and are spending movie money on these TV shows. It looks likes like a film!

Has Disney confirmed how their streaming service will work in the UK? Will it be one of those things where over here it’s on Netflix or something instead? I will be pirating the hell out of these shows if I’m told I have to wait a year for them, or something 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a really tangential Star Wars related comment but on YT I watch this show sometimes called the John Campea show. He is a film pundit essentially. And a large part of the show is him taking super chats and more or less answering the same dozen or so questions over and over again. It’s quite monotonous but what you going to do. 

But one thing that I’ve seen lately is some user who keeps sending him super chats moaning about people who hated The Last Jedi and how they ruin the movie for this user, how all the moves made by Lucas film make it feel like the haters have won and are vindicated that TLJ was a bad movie, and how, basically, this dude can’t seem to move online without arguing with people about TLJ.

Firstly, since this guy is spending real money over and over again just to shout at this host about his problem with people who have their own problems with TLJ (And some of these comments are come across like crazy talk) I’m going to assume that it’s probably self inflicted and isn’t just “All the haters running it for everybody else”

But I can’t help but think lol, bro. Like personal harassment online is one thing (Which this does not appear to be) but the idea that there is nowhere online you can go where you can just enjoy TLJ and it be Ok is uncomputable to me. Just on the top layer, if you like a piece of entertainment and someone else online says they don’t like it then who cares? Talk and argue about it and all the regular stuff but the idea that someone else is ruining your thing just because they don’t like it...I don’t get that at all. 

And also, even if you was on a website where people just hated the thing you like and it was winding you up, find another website. 

Maybe I don’t use the internet properly or film circles are different to game circles but it can not be that the hate for this film is so rampant there isn’t any corner of the internet where you can like the TLJ and 1) people won’t want to fight you on it and 2) even if people want to fight you on why is it ruining your life? 

Isn’t the internet designed to funnel you into your own bubble and keep you in it. How is going so wrong for this guy? 

I know this is about as tangential as it gets, really, but I find it really funny that this dude can’t like this movie because other people don’t like it, so the way he reacts is to spunk a bunch of money shouting his problems at this guy who is just like “Dude. Relax”. 

Well I know people get mad about when I bring dmc into threads that arent it, but on a discord I'm on I saw someone get offended and leave because someone 'joked' that DmC was better than DMC. So I think you get to a certain layer of nerddom where it goes from personal interest into an identity building exercise. Which is when people get so precious and polarised cause it's like a personal attack to them

(Which I've probably been guilty of too tbh)

TLJ is shit tho. This is not your TLJ safe space ??

I say what I’ve always said, TLJ is a great essay, but it’s not a very good movie. Conceptually and from a meta commentary perspective I’m on board ? 

But from a “I have to sit here and watch this for 2+ hours” I’ve only managed it the one time ? 

However that part where the one ship goes light speed through that other ship was bad ass.

I have no idea if this guy really is building his identity around one thing but it’s just funny that he can’t let it go. 

2 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

TLJ is shit tho. This is not your TLJ safe space 

There is no TLJ safe space.  There's always someone. 

I think it's easily my favourite Star Wars film.  I like Star Wars films but it was only TLJ that appealed to how I like genre films.  I realised quite early that the part of me that thinks that is the same part that loves the Matrix sequels.  Maybe they occupy a similar space. 

But I had a hoot watching it.  I've watched it a few times and it's not all just chin stroking.  It's also dumb funny and has that bad ass fight scene.