passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars

Jimboxy

Yeah I think I’ve watched it 5 times or something?

Love the fact Kylo gets his helmet back, feels like he’s accepted his fate and is going full Vader. Rey taking on the TIE Intercepter looks amazing, seeing Leia hit my feels but as soon as I saw it just went “Oh, alternative take from the end of VII”.

The teaser is giving me serious Indiana Jones vibes, and I’m ok with that. 

Weirdly watching this trailer makes me wish 8 wasn’t 8 but was another Star Wars film outside of this particular trilogy. Like warts and all I really like Ep8, but it just doesn’t fit here and seeing all these shots of 9 it is really striking how this is a true sequel to 7. 

Like I’m saying it for the millionth time, I guess, but ep8 is a better essay than a movie, and I really like what is has to say. But it just isn’t what this trilogy is about at all and this trailer brings that home for me. And stuff like the smashing and remaking of the helmet just goes to show how conflicting and at odds each director’s mission statement for a Star Wars film is and now how weird it is they are part of the same thing. 

Anyway, the trailer is looking really great and the thing I’m most excited about is seeing all the new characters actually hang out as a group together. Poe has always felt pretty throwaway and Finn was fun comic relief but now it looks like they really are a team and isn’t just Rey and the other two.

She was on the panel, and the pop she got from the crowd was absolutely beautiful. Nothing but love and support from everyone, so much so she started crying. It was just what she needed after all the racist scum lashing out at her.

And yes, I’m just pointing at the racists here. You don’t like her character or her performance in VIII? That’s fine. You ever used that as an excuse to call her a racial slur like those scum lords on social media did? Fuck off and leave here right now. 

Rose will be in IX in a big way, she’s just not in the teaser. 

So I’ve put my speculation cap on.

What if ‘Skywalker’ becomes the new term for pupils of the light side of the force?

The start of the trailer has that line that reads ‘Every Generation Has A Legend’ while Luke gives his voice over. At the end of VIII the kids are playing in the barn telling the new legend of Luke Skywalker. 

The underlying theme of VIII was all about letting the past die (Jedi, Sith, all of it) so what if that’s what’s happened? No more Sith, no more Jedi, but a new light side religion rises from the ashes because of Luke’s teachings, the rise of the Skywalker. 

My speculation still stands. And I’ve literally just finished watching an IGN video where they have the same theory. Apparently in Thrawn: Alliances they talk about Skywalkers as force sensitive navigators beyond the outer regions. They use a force power named ‘Skywalking’ to navigate ships through uncharted hazardous space. 

I didn’t actually know that as I haven’t read the new Thrawn books, but it certainly adds to my theory.

Also interesting to note about Kylo’s helmet - that isn’t Kylo rebuilding it in the trailer, it’s and alien of some kind which is real interesting.