passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars

Jimboxy

Well I’ve played all the Resi games and only like the latest reboot. It is the same thing. 

I mean I also agree with you I think modern Star Wars stinks as well but you don’t get to say it

I’ve only seen The Last Jedi once,but I liked it. The utter hate it got online just made me think “You what?” People starting a petition,demanding for it to be deleted from canon,or remade,had me think one thing. And that was “Fuck off,you idiotic crybabies”. There’s people with chronic illnesses. People with genuine problems. And these dozy bastards kick off because “This is not MY Star Wars”. Seriously. Fuck right off with that nonsense. Disliking a film is one thing. Pointless petitions is another thing entirely.

I also laugh when those self-same people claim “ITS THE WORST SW EVER!!!”. Really. REALLY? Have they seen Episodes 1-3 lately? They absolutely suck. They sucked back then,and still suck now. But nope,they don’t deserve a petition to be removed from canon. Jar Jar Binks. Awful CGI. Terrible acting. “Nooooooooooooooo”. Sure. They’re cinematic delights from start to finish. 

Thats not to say TLJ is brilliant. It has its faults,sure. But the internet hatred for it,is absolute bollocks. And I’m personally up for wherever the next one goes.

Solo's fine, it's a decent action/adventure/heist romp. Considering what a hot mess the production was it turned out ok. It's not the best movie ever made, but it's certainly not the worst. Same with The Last Jedi. I'm still not sure if I like it or not, I've watched it about 10 times now and I still can't decide. Half of it is great and half of it is a hot mess. The only thing I'm sure about with The Last Jedi is it made me absolutely ashamed to be a part of the Star Wars fandom, the hatred thrown at the movie was unacceptable. Be critical of things you love, sure, we all do, but racism, sexism, and general bullying is not criticism, it's pure hatred and anyone who takes part in harassing and threatening the cast and crew is a piece of shit human being. 

The problem was there was a lot of whispering about Solo being “the best Star Wars script ever written” from a lot of people, so when Lord and Miller started playing fast and loose with it Lucas Film got scared and pulled the plug on them.

The thing is, a great script doesn’t always make a great movie. And Lord and Miller are improv kings. Their own movies are mostly improv. LF should have known who they were employing. So because LF threw their toys out of the pram we ended up with an absolute patchwork of a movie that was only ‘fine’ when in should have been something better.

Hopefully they’ve learned from their mistakes.

I agree with that too. I did love the reveal of the hidden villain at the end because I’m a huge fan of the character, and I didn’t find a lot of the fan service as forced as it was in Rogue One, but Star Wars needs to expand and get away from these core characters.

I’m hoping the Johnson trilogy and Benioff & Weiss trilogy will get away from the Skywalkers and characters/time period we know and explore something entirely new. 

• 1 month later...

I don’t care who he’s playing to be honest. He’s perfectly suited to be an old imperial (rumours a pointing at Thrawn), or an older member of the rebellion and former friend of Leia/Lando, or even a Jedi/Sith who’s been in hiding. No matter who he plays he’s going to be incredible. 

• 1 month later...

Star Wars Celebration next week so going to have loads of news and reveals. 

Looking forward to the Episode IX trailer and title reveal, Jedi: Fallen Order trailer and gameplay, The Mandalorian footage and synopsis, hopefully a new look at The Clone Wars season 7 as well as the line up of upcoming comics and books.

I can’t wait. 

Yeah gonna be good. 

Really hope Jedi Fallen Order doesn't look like Force Unleashed 3 but I fear it might.

I've no idea what the Episode IX title will be at this point other than something kind of generic like 'Rebellion' or something.