passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars

Jimboxy

They have been remarkably restrained. I dont think anybody could confidently tell me anything about the new film at the moment. Theres tons of rumours about but based on nothing solid as far as im aware. What stuff do you feel that they have revealed so far?

Is this the last trailer now as well? I think the only stuff it's revealed are things that would be fairly obvious anyway. New heroes new villains etc.

I would say that the new trailer didn't have that same goose bump effect on me the way the teaser that came out in December did.

Yeah but the one in December was hugely anticipated, and was really set up as such. It had a big moment of getting back into the falcon, and was all geared up around that, for them to have recreated that would have meant giving away something substantial, whereas this one really just worked within the bounds of what the first teaser trailer gave away.

Yeah as far as the movie makers are saying, this is the first and last trailer, its the only trailer.

Thoughts?

My initial thought was "Why hasn't he linked that shit?"

Second thought "I'll do it, then"

Third thought "I'm cautiously optimistic and the music still gives me goosebumps".

I'm not watching that.

Any starwars news, I'm skimming over it saying to myself, "oh, that's nice a starwars film"

I have zero expectation of it.

I've learned from the phantom menace, that trailer was phenomenal, and the film was a bit of a "straight to DVD" effort.

Phantom Menace saber battle between QuiGonn, ObiWan and Maul was amazing. As a kid I was totally and utterly captivated watching that and even now that segment of the film is great.

I really dont feel like this will be that bad, in fact I think it will be awesome.

Looking forward to this, but will wait a week or two and let the hype calm down first, on a star wars note my BB8 droid and its a great toy to chase the hamsters round the living room. i will admit its not worth the money i paid for it silly thing gets stuck under the sofa when in patrol mode.

After going out of my way not to watch the latest trailer, what should show up in the trailers before Spectre? The latest trailer. In-fucking-credible is my take on it, got goosebumps and a tear in my eye at the same time, fuck me, words cannot describe how hyped I am for that film.

Someone has only gone and theorised about one of the characters everyone loves to hate.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Putq2

I actually think that would have been a better story than what we got from Episodes 1 to 3. For one reason it makes sense why the second film was a bit of a mess. I like the idea of the enemy within as well. I'm not sure I'd want to see this character show up again in the sequels though, unless they've heavily changed him.

EDIT: Also the films name. THE PHANTOM MENACE! Holy shit, it wouldn't surprise me if that theory holds a bit of water.

I can do a kip-up, I'm not a jedi.

that theory can fuck off.

I think more accurately, whoever got the schmuck job of animating jarjar is a massive marital arts fan, and got their kicks however they could "hey , if I have to spend a few years of my life animating this bimbling idiot, I may as well make him look cool while he is doing it." It makes sense in contect of teh "lucas" factor too.

Can they make the comic relief character jump from one place to another? nope, he needs to be spinning, or on fire, or spinning and on fire, with lasers, and in a spaceship, well, maybe not in a space ship, but definitely more lasers, lasers everywhere, and more spinning too.

• 1 month later...

Its good then?

Going to watch it sunday, really wanted to go to the Everyman cinema but fully booked on sunday and its the only free time i have to get there so heading to cineworld. Nando's before then grab a beer and some popcorn, should be a good evening!

Just one question it won't spoil the plot, BB8? he doesn't turn out to be another jar jar?

2D all the way. My friend has a wonky eye so he can't do 2d but I never think it adds anything other than cost anyway.

BB8 possibly creeps a little too much into comic relief in the opening 30-45 mins but they reign it in at the right time. He's fucking adorable.

I went 2D. Could've gone 3D for an earlier showing but went for 2D and only had 30 minutes to wait.

No spoiler sum up:

I enjoyed it, they nailed the original feel though the line between fan service and "these things and lines just happen in this universe" got a bit wobbly.

Very spoilery sum up, don't open if you haven't seen it:

I got two theories right. One would be that Solo would die and the other would be that Luke wouldn't appear till the very, very end.

Though I did get it wrong that Kylo Ren would be Luke in a new dark side form.

There's still time for Luke to be revealed as the true big bad but I think it's more likely that history will repeat itself and he will be the rebel's only hope.

I was a little disappointed when they showed Ren's face but I can understand why.

It's never explicitly said but I take it that Rey is supposed to be Leia and Han's daughter or their neice?

I read today, no idea how true it is, that there's a secret cameo in the film.

Apparently Daniel Craig was filming Spectre next door so the scene with Rey convincing the storm trooper to unlock her restraints and leave the door open is him as the storm trooper.