passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rock Band 4

spatular

So, this is basically rock band with features removed, no online play was the big one i'll miss. i think/hope they are adding stuff like that back in over time, as apparently there isn't going to be an RB5 for now at least and they're just going to add features to this one and sell dlc - not sure what features mind, and id guess if it and/or the dlc sells badly we won't see many new features.

no keys - they won't be adding that back in.

my wired guitar/drums won't work on xbox, but i had a guitar hero wireless guitar/drums so using those (not actually tried drums yet) with the adapter - would have liked a new guitar but the adapter pack was about £40 cheaper. the adapter seems to work well. ps4 version doesn't need an adapter if you had ps3 instruments.

could download a lot of my existing dlc, ~270 songs - i was expecting it to be more limited selection at first but there's loads of stuff there - not everything though. and previous game exports aren't working at the moment.

the positioning of the xbox notifications is ridiculous as it covers the bottom of the note highway, but not as bad on gameplay as it looks.

i'd not heard of a lot of the on disk songs (not a problem with all the dlc anyway) but most of them (that i've played so far) seem good to average, a few crap ones, and some great songs like the elvis and cake ones.

maybe a bit negative, but because it's rock band it's still awesome and i've been really enjoying it. i think coming back to the guitar has helped here - not played the guitar in this sort of game much in the recent versions, mainly played drums and keys.

it's hard to recommend if you've got the old versions.

anyone else bothering with this? or maybe getting guitar hero instead? (if i had to pick one i'd probably have gone for guitar hero)

• 3 months later...

The rock band 3 export is available for around £12 I think, and the rock band 1 exported songs are available to download for anyone who previously exported rb1, nice feature on the Xbox OS (who'd have though it!) - you can press start on the games tile to see all the dlc installed and not installed and choose to install the stuff which is not currently installed - which is amazing compared to finding stuff one at a time through the store.

• 1 month later...

Any ideas when the RB2 downloads are coming for Xbox on this? I feel like I've only got half my tracklist at the minute...

Anyway, I took a break from The Witcher over the last couple of days and shared it between Guitar Hero Live on Wednesday and this last night. I genuinely can't decide which one I prefer.

This is Rock Band the same way it always was. Good fun, eye blur after a couple of songs, I can do Medium in my sleep but screw up on anything above a difficulty level of 2 on Hard. I like it. It feels like meeting up with an old friend and just clicking back into place.

Even the Tour Mode that introduces you to all the new tracks is the same as it always was. One little change I do like with the tour is that it mixes in all the old tracks you already have, so my RB3 and DLC tracks are flowing in. It's good fun, but I think I need to get the Legacy adapter and get a couple of mates round so we can get the band back together.

Harmonix just launched a crowdfunding campaign on Fig for Rock Band 4 on PC, asking for $1.5 million.

I don't think it's going to happen. They got a huge push from their chums in the US games press and only just limped across the finish line with the Amplitude Kickstarter, that's not going to happen this time.

I'm tempted to back this. By all accounts there's a lot of garbage in the tracklist for RB4, but just the thought of being able to play Rock Band through Steam is very appealing. There would always be tons of players online (friends or random strangers). And if it had all the dlc (with the possibility of heavy discounts during Steam sales), not to mention if it meant that future Rock Band/Harmonix games would come to Steam... I don't know I'll probably end up backing it.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/rock-band-4-pc#about

As far as I'm aware there's no online multi in RB4. The Fig page doesn't mention adding it, but it is going to use Steam workshop to bring back Rock Band Network. That thing where people could upload songs they made, because you know, everyone wanted that.

Well, the page does say that the PC version will incorporate future updates to the game. This blog post from last December says that online play is on the cards, but by the sounds of it, the biggest obstacle is the cost since they are now an indie company again.

I just backed it on Fig there. I have a lot of goodwill towards Harmonix, I was a bit late to the Rock Band party but Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero 2 are two of my favourite games ever. And I know that I'll easily get value for money out of it.

I'll probably back it.

Oh and I got one of the new rb4 guitars the other day, not used it loads yet but it seems really nice so far anyway. Much quieter than the gh guitars, and seems more well made compared to my old rb1 guitar.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Despite riding a rocky road since its release, Rock Band 4 isn't going anywhere just yet. Developer Harmonix has announced "big, big" expansion pack this September.

More details on what that expansion will contain are set to arrive in June at E3.

Speaking over the weekend at a PAX panel, Harmonix team members also laid out a roadmap of Rock Band 4 updates coming throughout the rest of this year.

Highlights include a new practice mode in June and music library enhancements in September - including the abilities to filter, rate and hide tracks.

But the headline feature will be - finally - online multiplayer. That'll hit the game in time for "holiday" this year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-25-rock-band-4-expansion-set-for-september

• 4 years later...

The Rock Band 4: Rivals bundle was £12.49 over the weekend so I bit the bullet and picked it up. I've been fucking dying to play some RB for months but haven't been able to since I gave my OG Xbox One to my mate. Been checking the store regularly so I could get it for my Digital-Only S.

Anyway, its still fucking fantastic to play. I've said in the past that RB4 was like clicking back into place with an old friend, and the same still rings true. After a few songs I got used to the timing again and had a blast playing it. I got little dude in on the act (put it on easy, obvs, so he couldn't fail) and Rosie had FOMO so she gave it a go too.

Really looking forward to giving the Rockumentary mode a go, but tbh I just wanted to give this thread a bump because RB still deserves the attention.

• 3 years later...