passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars Battlefront Beta

DisturbedSwan

Played 3 hours earlier today and I'm incredibly impressed with it, it's a shame it's only limited to two maps (Hoth and Sollust) and 2 game modes, but what is there is enough to give you a sense of the game for sure.

On PC the game runs phenomenally well, a buttery smooth 60fps/native 1080p on Ultra for me, looks just like all the pre-release footage and gameplay suggested, maybe even better than I was expecting, servers have held up extremely well to me so far as well, only got kicked out of a game twice, once through fault of my own (router restarted to update firmware) and once due to the servers themselves, but apart from this, everything was buttery smooth I must say, phenomenal presentation from DICE, the menu's look incredibly chic and smooth (a small thing I know) and coupled with the server performance it couldn't really be better for a beta really, DICE have done a fantastic job.

Mostly played Drop Zone and a couple of games of Walker Assault, enjoyed both, but out of the two game modes, I preferred Drop Zone to Walker Assault, DZ seemed much more CoD (which I prefer) and Walker Assault seemed much more Battlefield to me, which meant everything was incredibly chaotic, I didn't really have a clue what I was meant to be doing and I got killed every 3 seconds :lol:

Was shit at DZ as well, but did manage to get a little better towards the end, and I was scoring points capturing pods anyway, will play some more Walker Assault tomorrow, but I wasn't a huge fan of it, pretty much everything I hate about Battlefield really, the experience was amazing though, seeing those AT-ATs and AT-STs walking around, pwning people, the Rebel base in Hoth, it was a Star Wars fans wet dream come true pretty much, I just have to try to get to grips with the Battlefield-esque gameplay in that mode otherwise I won't be playing it much in the full game.

Played another 3 hours today, started to learn Hoth and get to grips with the Walker Assault, enjoyed it much more today, I still wasn't very good but I did do a bit better than yesterday at least, and got a few more points.

So many amazing moments today, me in a TIE fighter dog-fighting with an X-Wing, fucking fantastic, then there was Vader and Skywalker facing each other on the battlefield, so fucking cool, really enjoyed it today I must say, unlocked the Shield as well which is pretty useful once you get used to it.

In my mind it was going to be like battlefield but it's more like a cross between halo and destiny.

i'd agree it's not as much like battlefield as i was expecting either, but i didn't think it was like destiny or halo either.

i enjoyed it more than i expected, shooting luke skywalker in the face was pretty fun. still doubt i'd buy it unless it was cheap.

I really did not like this at all when I first tried it. Five hours later, I am liking it a lot more. I'm not sure if I'll be picking it up or not, being a fortnight after Black Ops III. Also, a friend and I were trying to join a game together last night, added him as my partner and we just could not get into a game with each other. Not sure if that's down to the Beta, or DICE's inability to let friends play together that Battlefield suffered with for a while.

Yeah I had that problem too on PC, Ed, my 'partner' had to join my game after I'd already started it, despite us both being in the same party and 'partners' :lol: hopefully it's just a bug and it'll get ironed out before release, but definitely annoying.

I liked what I played of this.

The Walker Assault map had a big area to small tight area back to larger open type area design that gave me Bad Company vibes. That mode had a rush type feel to it as well.

I really want to play to higher levels to see what sort of "classes" you can make. Hopefully it's quite deep.

Kept trying to reload my gun after firing it. :facepalm:

I didn't play this for a massive amount but i did enjoy it thoroughly and the scenery is awesome as hell to look at

i just hope it's a lot more in depth than what i'm imagining.

I'm not sure either to pick this up day one or wait for a price drop, depends on the amount of friends picking it up i reckon.