passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Sly Reflex

3 hours ago, Nag said:

Because no fucker seems to know what they're talking about anymore I'll come right out and say it, Dead Space 2 is superior to the first in pretty much every conceivable way...?

As soon as they made him speak [at length] they ruined it. The answer is no, DS 2 isn't better than the first, other than graphically. Feel free to write a brief 100 word essay of apology on your wrongness ?

22 minutes ago, Nag said:

Silent protagonists make so much sense!

You're in a minority in that opinion in any case, so nope.... no apologies from me.

There is this thing in Horror called "tension", which tends to be lost when your protagonist drowns the atmosphere with chatter. Plus, Isaac wasn't silent in DS 1....

9 minutes ago, Nag said:

Yeah, he was a veritable Jim Carrey in space... Nothing like massively over exaggerating things.

And making grunting and pain sounds doesn't make up for not speaking.

'Nathan Drake in Space' was what I used to describe DS 2 Isaac, both here and on GTM back in the day. It is as true then as it is now. I never said he was cracking jokes, he just never shut up.

Isaac made more than 'grunts and pain sounds' in DS 1, he actually speaks words and a sentence or two, when the plot calls for it. I haven't played it in years and I remember that much.

3 minutes ago, Nag said:

I'm more than willing to put a bet on the fact you're utterly wrong there.

200.gif

Dead Space is done. There is no value in going back to it now. Same reason I don't revisit games like Legacy of Kain anymore.

2 minutes ago, Nag said:

Plus you know your wrong.?

Not even remotely accurate. 

But I have given up on championing games that are over and gone. The final nail in the Coffin was the failed kickstarter for the Eternal Darkness sequel. The only Crowd Funding I ever participated in, because I really wanted a sequel. Turns out very few people had enough genuine interest in seeing the same. Plus the series I enjoyed that have been lost due to Konami... 

Indeed.

DS3 was so disappointing. At the time a lot of it was blamed on the microtransactions and an upgrade system built around them. Whilst this was definitely a negative, my main problem with DS3 is that there are big sections of it that are SO CRUSHINGLY DULL.

But I’m obviously speaking in hypotheticals here because, as you say, it didn’t happen.

2 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

imagine if someone came in to this thread looking for Resident Evil news ?

Well ive pre ordered this on the strength of the one shot demo.

Hardly news, I know.

Although the strange terror I'm already feeling at the thought of firing this up Friday night (or Thursday, knowing Shopto) might be.

I friggin hate horror games?

DS 3 was an absolute travesty. Threw in a pointless co-op mode (but at least it ditched the equally pointless Multiplayer of DS2). And ruined the atmosphere of the game when trying to make a weapon,by literally asking you to pay micro transactions to unlock more crafting items. Fuck off,EA.

Anyways. Less than a week til Resi 2 now. Get in.