passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Sly Reflex

I dunno. The fact last month they were asking the fans on Facebook what they think a RE2 remake should be doesn't fill me with confidence. It's like they don't have a clear goal or have a creator with any personal investment. It's just 'we'll make what you want' and I think asking gamers what they want is the worst idea, because they don't actually know; they think they do, but they don't. The suggestions they gave were all different kinds of sucky ideas.

There was a fan made thing done in Unreal 4 around the same time:

While technically impressive, its dull as dishwater, and doesn't capture what I think about when I think Resident Evil 2.

Because of cynically produced its being I can't help but be as cynical about it.

Going the RE-make route isn't the worst idea, but I'd say it would be a better idea to use the opportunity to alter some things in the right way.

The only reason Re-make happened is because Mikami himself looked at the original and felt it wasn't the game he really conceived and wanted to use newer tech to meet his vision. But this is 2015's Capcom on the case and I don't think anyone is going to be as attached to this project.

I'm not really in the mood to tell Capcom what they should do with the remake (I should get it together and pitch it to them, though, since I'll need a job), but I know the fans wouldn't like the sound of it. But I promise you, it would rule. And it would take some cues from RE4 (and the right cues, not the ones from sequels to that).

Do people find Resi scary? I mean like properly scary, not 'hey we're gonna stick a jump scare in here' scary. I wouldn't class jump scares as scary because that's not a tool for making people scared, that's just surprising someone. I can't say it ever bothered me.

Fatal Frame on the other hand. Fuck that creepy game.

No, I think I don't like things making me jump. I'm not into it, it's not something I'm not bothered about. Maybe scary is the wrong word, but the prospect of something making you jump is a feeling a bit like being scared. It works, especially if you're five.

Fatal Frame is pretty similar, to be honest. It's just a different brand of jumping.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Rumour: REmake 2 will reveal itself at E3 - more details revealed by Rely on Horror source.

So Rely on horror brought to us some leaks about the highly anticipated title Resident Evil REmake 2 , I will summarize what they said in the article

The game will run on an improved and significantly optimized RE Engine with an impressive revamped lighting and shadow system

The game will be aiming for a solid 30fps at 1080p on a standard PS4 and 60fps at native 4k on a PS4 Pro. The engine loads different resolutions each time you enter a room

The game will be the first Resident Evil title designed with a 4k resolution in mind , Meaning that the assets will be in Native 4K resolution

They Believe that the game will be the best looking Capcom game so far and has the potential to seriously compete with games like God of War in terms of visuals.

The game's Camera will be an OTS View akin to Resident Evil 4 in mind but a bit “stylized” in execution , So I guess we will have to wait and see the game's first reveal to see what does " Stylized OTS Camera " means in motion

It will use a photogrammetry scanning Technology just like RE7 , Noting that Capcom Took note of Fan's confusion over Chris's new model in RE7 so that made them do more effort while modeling RE2 Character

Claire will have a different outfit while retaining some similarities

Capcom had brought in in outside contractors who had worked on the series previously, including people who worked on Resident Evil 2 and 4

The game will include campaigns for both Leon and Claire, but the game will overall be much longer than the original with lots of new content and areas.

The game will keep its horror focus and classic Resident Evil design elements intact

• 3 weeks later...