Sly Reflex

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Fucking immense news!!!...

post-1328-0-93500000-1439393943_thumb.gi

And it'll probably be exclusive to the Nintendo NX knowing my luck.

post-1328-0-58499200-1439394017_thumb.gi

I dunno. The fact last month they were asking the fans on Facebook what they think a RE2 remake should be doesn't fill me with confidence. It's like they don't have a clear goal or have a creator with any personal investment. It's just 'we'll make what you want' and I think asking gamers what they want is the worst idea, because they don't actually know; they think they do, but they don't. The suggestions they gave were all different kinds of sucky ideas.

There was a fan made thing done in Unreal 4 around the same time:

While technically impressive, its dull as dishwater, and doesn't capture what I think about when I think Resident Evil 2.

Because of cynically produced its being I can't help but be as cynical about it.

All they have to do is go the RE-Make route, that's what the fans want. Anybody who comes out and says make it with Resi 4 controls needs to meet up with a Licker...

I'd also say that they're probably not actually going to listen to the fans in any case and that the Facebook thing was more to judge interest.

And on my last note, I hope to god that sales of Resi Zero HD have no effect on this project as it's going to get nowhere near as many as the HD remake did.

Going the RE-make route isn't the worst idea, but I'd say it would be a better idea to use the opportunity to alter some things in the right way.

The only reason Re-make happened is because Mikami himself looked at the original and felt it wasn't the game he really conceived and wanted to use newer tech to meet his vision. But this is 2015's Capcom on the case and I don't think anyone is going to be as attached to this project.

I'm not really in the mood to tell Capcom what they should do with the remake (I should get it together and pitch it to them, though, since I'll need a job), but I know the fans wouldn't like the sound of it. But I promise you, it would rule. And it would take some cues from RE4 (and the right cues, not the ones from sequels to that).

Well,I'm proper excited for this. When RE2 originally came out,I twagged the day off College to buy it from WH Smiths,then played it all day.

As far as Mikami, after The Evil Within he can stay well away from this... And I'm happy to put my faith in Capcom.

This announcement actually trumps the Final Fantasy VII remake for me.

Never played RE2 so it's pretty damn amazing news that it's getting a remake, well done Capcom!

I know, young un's these days... Don't know they're born.

Alas, I was too young when it came out and I never played it :( would've been 8 years old so probably for the best...

Do people find Resi scary? I mean like properly scary, not 'hey we're gonna stick a jump scare in here' scary. I wouldn't class jump scares as scary because that's not a tool for making people scared, that's just surprising someone. I can't say it ever bothered me.

Fatal Frame on the other hand. Fuck that creepy game.

No, I think I don't like things making me jump. I'm not into it, it's not something I'm not bothered about. Maybe scary is the wrong word, but the prospect of something making you jump is a feeling a bit like being scared. It works, especially if you're five.

Fatal Frame is pretty similar, to be honest. It's just a different brand of jumping.

Jump scares are scary, hence the name... fear of the unknown and being out of ammo is scary (in a sense) and knowing you might lose 2 hours of game progress is also scary.

Having an unexpected finger shoved up your rectum is a surprise.

Resi 3 was a bit scary,running into Nemesis when you had fuck all ammo or first aid. And when his theme was playing,so you knew he would burst in at any moment...

A bit of bad news with a silver lining, Capcom's recent announcement of an official remake of Resident Evil 2 has indeed put the kibosh on Resident Evil 2 Reborn; a promising looking fan remake made with Unreal 4. On the upside, according to a Facebook post from InvaderGames, Capcom has reached out to the Reborn team and has invited them to share their ideas for the title.

While it sucks to see Reborn put out to pasture, it isn't exactly surprising. Capcom couldn't very well have its own remake competing with a free fanmade version. Given how this kind of thing has gone down in the past, it's nice to see Capcom recognize the efforts and passion of their fan community and talk things out with them civilly. Inviting them in to discuss a few ideas may or may not be just a polite gesture, but it's a heck of a lot better than instantly turning to the lawyers with their cease and desist nastygrams. Nice job Capcom.

http://www.destructoid.com/fanmade-resident-evil-2-remake-canceled-306596.phtml

I doubt I ever would've played it in anycase, I'd guess it would've been pc only.

Official RE Twitter account teasing something, series turns 20 years old in 8 days time so it would be as good a time as any to show some of this.

7E7FEA8E-629A-4911-9B6E-8288AD2D4330.png

FFAF0C71-0E15-4D5B-8F67-89F1BB20D087.png