passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

radiofloyd

Went to Tsutaya today to gaze lovingly at this. It came out in Japan today. I was going to buy this week's Famitsu but their review isn't until next week.

One of my pretty short to medium term language goals is to start playing games in Japanese (starting with handheld games). If the western release date is late 2018 I may end up playing it Japanese anyway, especially the 3DS version. But of course this is still good news!

• 7 months later...

Awesome. Getting a PS4 in September then.

By the way, they confirmed that they are not bringing the 3DS version to the west. They are releasing the Switch version worldwide but it won't be released in 2018.

I'd rather the Switch version just be the 3ds version, that's the version I wanted really and it's a shame they're not bringing it over 

Not sure between the Steam version and PS4, same with Ni No Kuni 2, the pc is easily going to out live the PS4 but jrpgs on pc just doesn't appeal 

• 2 weeks later...

The delay for the Switch version is due to issues with Unreal Engine 4, so it’s definitely going to be closer to the PS4 version than the 3DS title.

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/dragon-quest-xi-for-switch-delay-due-to-outdated-unreal-engine-4

Something tells me I’m going to end up buying a Japanese 3DS someday just to play this one game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 04/08/2018 at 04:38, Blakey said:

Less than one month now. It’s interesting that Dragon Quest games in Japan are unvoiced but they add voices for the West (apart from the main character of course).

Looks like an interesting cast of characters. Excitement levels at maximum...

• 4 weeks later...