passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

radiofloyd

• 9 months later...

I may double dip on it as well despite it only being a 7/10.

I didn’t realise it’s coming out the same day as Link’s Awakening though which may affect my plans to get it Day 1.

The big question mark with the Switch Version will be how it runs really, I’m sure it’ll chug with some of the animations etc. But I’m not sure it’ll matter so much to the overall game.

I always wanted the 3DS version with its retro mode. I don't think I'll be picking the Switch version up though, it's not a terrible game but unless I just want to have a physical copy to go with my others I don't see myself every playing it again. I've still got 7 to finish

I wish I was playing the Switch version for the 16-bit mode, orchestrated soundtrack and the extra story chapter, but I already put a billion hours into the PS4 version getting the Platinum. As much I loved this game. Loved this game. It’s just too big of a commitment to play twice.

They should port Journey of the Cursed King to the Switch, a vastly superior game (in my memory). I would buy that in a heartbeat. 

I want this Slime controller/custom Switch dock though:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/this_dragon_quest_hori_slime_controller_for_switch_is_hella_cute

I also have VI on the DS (not even started) VII on the 3DS to continue and X Online on the Switch (not started either), not to mention I didn’t finish the game on PS4, so there’s no way I’ll be buying this on Switch anytime soon.

@radiofloyd

If you're going to abandon one abandon 6, it's not a very good game at all. Completely directionless after the first few hours, nice idea but it just doesn't work (what does the hero do after he's saved the world) 

7 is decent enough from what I played but apparently it's stupidly long 

Picking up on what @DANGERMAN said I might pick this up on Switch just because I have all the available core DQ games on Nintendo, I think I might want to continue that trend. But the chance of me playing it again in very small

• 2 months later...