passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter V

AndyKurosaki

Yeah I've got to be honest, having not actually played it yet admittedly, not having the full game ready is weak as piss. I feel like just about any other game and people would have their pitchforks out

I think there are some pitchforks out, I've seen them, but they have been fairly upfront from early on that this is gonna be a platform they're gonna build on so it's hard to get too mad about it. It's certainly not ideal for every early adopter so I guess you just have to be a bit savvy at this point.

You can tell what they're doing though. They want this out as soon as so they can get it out for this year's pro circuit as you can tell they're hedging their bets that eSports gets bigger, so by the summer SFV will have a spike in attention and by then they'll have a game that people expect. But to do that they needed it out now, at least for this year.

But I am confident they'll soon get it fully featured. Along with Monster Hunter, Street Fighter is one of the few things Capcom have left so they'll want to get it right. They also have that Sony money to help.

The two person lobbies they have now though are a massive shame. The bigger lobbies are due for March so I hope they keep to their word with that one, especially.

Seems some are having problems with the servers. I've been staying logged in no problem, but it isn't matchmaking that we'll as fights are few and far between, which is unlike the beta.

It's far from the weakest launch I've been part of but it's still a bit disappointing.

It's a shame as I am totally sold on the game, I do prefer the direction they're taking it than to SFIV. Looking forward to when it finds its feet.

I did have a good match with a F.A.N.G user. No idea how someone has that character down already since we wasn't in the beta. The guy is a pain, though.

No USB pad support (bar Xbox pads) still, which is just bewildering. It's the pc, I've played doujin games that have full pad support

Edit: can't log in either, not the end of the world as you can play offline, but given that it's a bit limited they could really have done with the servers being up

that's sort of good, but because there was a Street Fighter Alpha I feel like it just causes confusion. Sorry Jim, I want to say yes, really, but I just can't

also, you 2 might have not been able to find me because I technically hadn't managed to make it online at that point?

both the British characters swear, which is pretty accurate tbf

also, because my pc went in to sleep mode last night my pad, which I have to run another program for Street Fighter to recognise it, now isn't recognised. Actually that's not true, I can skip the title screen and intro, but it doesn't work on the menu. I know it's going to get better but this is a shambles as things stand

If I wasn't in work I'd post the details of the fight money stuff. But

But apparently playing through all the story mode is enough to get a new character but it only works once, so you can't farm.

After that, completing survival mode with everyone gets you some, winning 2000 fights will be enough for a character. Then there's daily challenges eventually

In the story mode some characters outside of the cast turn up, some of them are confirmed for this year, like Guile and Balrog. But so do Sean and Sakura. It does give me a glimmer of hope that Sean is gonna be in it sometime. Yeah, he is mostly another Ryu clone from Third Strike but I think he had some fun things as well. The slam dunk after a dragon punch for one.

DP

The online is working great now and has been all afternoon. Glad it was an easy fix. Anyone up for some fights tonight?

I also played the normal survival mode. It's 30 fights and you unlock some new colours for your costume and I got to fight 30 without much trouble but at the end you fight that son hoffa beech Bison and he took me out in 7 seconds. I was like that - :mellow:

good games DC, you're much better than I am, you properly know how to play :lol:

When we first started the match and it showed you as a defensive player I thought that was a bit odd, but it really seems to just mean that you're waiting for a mistake. I wonder if it will balance out once there's just the dedicated playing

kind of disappointed that the matches I won were with Ryu. I've been trying not to play as him because I always do, but he's so ingrained I guess