passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter V

AndyKurosaki

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to get a good session of this going just now, though its a "stress test" and not a return to the beta. Id argue even getting a game going previously was stress enough...

Anyway,had a few VS matches online. I've never been a combo master. String a few moves together and that's about it for me. But I've always enjoyed SF. And this is pretty much IV,with better graphics. More proficient players may say they've improved cross-ups,or increased EX AOE or whatever. I've no clue about that stuff. For me,it plays like SFIV. Which is a very good thing.

Managed a couple of Ryu wins,got totally battered by some excellent Nash/Bison players. Not totally sure I'm keen on the PS4 pad for this. Hopefully there will be gamepads like the excellent Mad Catz SFIV range.

• 2 months later...

I've really enjoyed learning to use Karin so far with the new Beta. I'm trying with her, and sometimes doing okay, but I think she might be just beyond my skill level. I've not tried the others very much yet but You have to go online with it, which it is a Beta to test the networking so fair enough, but I would like a training mode that isn't interrupted by challengers.

So I have been enjoying learning stuff, and even even having a good time with a few matches, but I don't think I can continue to play it on this controller. I'm too accustomed to a stick and I'm just getting annoyed at myself fudging up the most basic moves.

What I have played of the others is good. I like how each character does have a very unique fighting style to them by not incorporating a move for everyone like the focus attack in SFIV. I does mean it probably will take longer to figure out opponents now.

I do really like like it a lot in theory, I think I could potentially see me liking it more than SFIV. But to get there I gotta be able to get my stick in there, so to speak.

of the recent pads, the Playstation ones have always been the better stock ones for fighters imo.

I've not preordered this, still not sure what platform to play it on. PC is where I play most games, and I can hook up a Saturn pad or an arcade stick easy enough, but it's a fighter, so should be on a console

• 1 month later...

They had the beta back up from the 18th to he 20th. I've been working a lot during this time so barely played as much as I'd like. On the 18th I could play the training mode but it didn't match me up with anyone. I had a little time on the 19th but it didn't work on within the window I played in but I did have a pretty good sesh tonight.

I messed around with Laura a little to expand myself. I didn't do too well with her but I got a couple of wins, though I ddi play someone who knew the score with her and I picked up some neat combos so I'm looking forward to trying her again when the game comes out.

But I did find myself using Karin again in the end since she was unlocked on the final day. Here's me fighting an idiot (as much as an idiot as me(I'm still using a controller here BTW)). To be honest I did beat another few people who were more decent but I saved this one as it did have a better finish (to me).

Tell me how cool I am.

• 1 month later...

The beta is up already. Played a bit before work. They've reduced the wait on Ryu's super from the last version of Street Fighter I played (Super).

Couple of things, it seems to run well on pc, the fight I managed to squeeze in before work was nice and smooth.

The other thing, and as was pointed out to me this is a Sony funded game, the only pad that work on the pc is the 360 version.

Hopefully that's something they fix, otherwise I need to run joy2key

I've been playing it this morning. Got it totally handed to me the first bunch of games but I'm finding a groove now.

Again, I've just been using Karin but I plan to try out a few others this time. There seems to be a lot of Lauras so far and I think I may try her. I also may give 'Gief a got though I suspect I'll have to prepare for losing a few really hard. There are so many I wan to try and so little time.

I saved a couple of matches I liked. This one is a mirror match with another Karin:

Despite me getting hit a lot and not getting my combos in nearly as much as I should have I did alright with my spacing in that one. And I hit when it counted.

Here is me not finishing my plate against Birdie:

Fuck Birdie.

You can't win on chip in SFV (will you can, but only with a super) so when I saw he survived that super my mind went blank and had no idea how to finish him.

Yeah. You get 'Fight Money' for wins, ranking up a characters and completing daily challenges. You can put that towards getting future characters which they are looking to put in every two months. For the first year they have Alex, Guile, Balrog, Ibuki, Juri then Urian.

Or you can buy them for real money.

I want a few of those but it depends what the rates are like but I hope not to have to pay anything.