passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rocket League

Sly Reflex

Downloaded the new patch for the new DLC pack which reminded me to buy the new pack. Booted the game up for the first time in ages and was worse than ever. My game was running at 7-0 at the point where I just gave up and left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ice hockey has been live for a few days. It lives in its own menu option, replaces the mutators menu.

It's a pretty neat twist on the same game, not massively different but the puck is sufficiently different to the ball.

I'm still pretty rubbish at it but it doesn't stop me from enjoying my time.

well, I've been playing ice-hockey and loving it.

once you work out the angle to slide the puck off the back wall and have it roll in every time, you're good to go!

until the other team work out that you can block every time if someone hangs back inside the goal.

My biggest frustration with this has been playing on my own or in a group of two, the number of goals I've lost to the third member of our team (a random) punting into me at full tilt or doing nothing but chasing the puck like a dog chasing a parked car.

Really worth checking the game out if you have rocket league.

Nice game. RL makes a great spectator sport, it's very easy to see why it's gained a following there.

Jim, I'd be up for playing but be warned I'm the worst player you could ever hope to be matched up with. I'm easily the worst player out of the MFG lot.

I finally got all the trophies on the base game. I just spent last session trying to get an aerial goal for that DLC's trophy. I'm pretty sure you have to get points from an aerial hit for it to count as I've hit a fair few goals in now while flying across the map with no luck. You must need to be higher than the crossbar for it to register. I got an aerial hit today after the puck went upside the arena at the halfway line and i bashed it down towards the goal, it was going in and then some cunt stole it and I ended up with the assist... I wouldn't mind but it was a right goal poach. Prick. :finger:

I've been enjoying ice hockey a lot.

I've also noticed that they've put an option in for v-sync so I can stop the awful screen tearing.

on a side note,

has anyone mess about with the options at all?

I've set my field of view almost to the maximum width, which makes seeing either side of you much easier, sadly, it also makes it easier to breeze right past the ball/puck, thinking you're going to hit it, but I'm sure with practise I'll dial that down.

I've also been messing around with where my controls are mapped, I've set boost to the right bumper and powerslide to the left bumper, so I can powerslide, boost and move the camera all at the same time. took a few games to remember why boost wasn't on circle, but now it just makes much more sense.

With boost on the bumper I've also found it easier to use boost in the air and nudge things into place.

I had an amazing round on hockey, not so much for me but as a team we played really well so I've uploaded the whole thing. The 8th goal was particularly special.

I've unlocked all the skins for all the cars now so I'm running out of things to unlock.

God, I love Rocket League, it's facets are pretty enjoyable no matter which one you chose to go for.

I think you lucked out with getting paired up with people that were good against people that were pretty rubbish, still a good game though. Also respect to you for letting that goal go in without trying to poach it yourself, usually someone would try and steal that because they are dicks.