passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Yoshi's Woolly World

HandsomeDead

• 1 year later...

Now I work for me I choose to play games for an hour in the mornings and I've got myself in to this again.

I was only at the beginning of World 2 and i've been playing a couple of levels per session. Turns out I just wasnt in the mood for this game when it came out. I'm in the mood now and I'm really enjoying it - what I found uninspiring before I now find super fun and I cant get enough of it. I'm also really enjoying the bite size gameplay sessions, I'm fiinishing playing before i'm mentally done with the game each time and I'm eager to crack on each time I load it up.

Colours, music, gameplay - it feels like this game has everything I want at the moment. It's no push over either, especially if your looking for all the stuff. Yay for Yoshi.

I said exactly the same to my misses! :lol: That I was a massive racist.

Speaking of massive racists, this game continues to be a joy. World 4-3 now, the only collectibles I care about are the wool ones, I want those different coloured (not so racist then) Yoshis.

• 11 months later...

So I've been playing this on and off over the last few weeks. Just a level here and there when I'm at a loss for what else to do. It started as an effort to show my kid Yoshi in motion, seeing as he's stolen - and loves - my Yarn Yoshi amiibos, but I've grown a genuine fondness for this little game and find myself playing it when he's asleep. It's not too taxing, the levels are mostly well designed and it's an absolutely beautiful world.

The little touches just all come together to give it this unique personality that's incredibly endearing. Unravelling blocks to find hidden areas, stumbling into hidden areas, the way Yoshi's feet turn into propellors when he's (she's?) in water (I only noticed that one last night and it made me grin. I may have thrown myself into water once or twice more than I needed to...) - it's all the minor things that consistently impress me with what's been created.

I honestly feel like this is 'Super Mario for Beginners' and that's said with the highest of praise. It makes me want to keep my Wii U hooked up until Oscar is big enough to start playing games and play through it with him, instead of him just watching.

Up to World 4-8 now, and one of my favourite levels has to be the one with all the curtains on rails. 4-5 maybe? That was such a departure from the rest of the game but still one that was a hell of a lot of fun, leaning on more advanced platforming skills than other levels have. Quick-ish reactions were needed. I was annoyed I missed the last yarn ball on that one though. I'm not going for 100% on any levels - if I get it great, if I don't no big deal - but it's good fun seeing how close I manage to get.

• 1 year later...

I love this game. I was playing through it with my girlfriend for a while but we need to finish it. She's a perfectionist so if we didn't find everything we had to redo the level until we did. People who say Overcooked tests relationships no nothing of Woolly World.