Sign in to follow this  
radiofloyd

Shenmue 3

I wasn't going to say anything until Ben started, but the first picture, the ladies arms looks really unnaturally posed. It's similar to how weird some pictures look when the person in the picture blinks unexpectedly or whatever.

Tbh the character models look a little "off"... The scenery looks nice though.

Sega Europe has registered the domain name ShenmueHD.com (whois).

Visiting the domain returns a blank page.

The domain would suggest Sega is working on an HD remaster of its Shenmue titles. Back in May 2016, Sega said it was “investigating” remasters of Shenmue and Shenmue II.

Shenmue III is currently in development for PlayStation 4 and PC at Ys Net. If you missed it, catch the latest update here.

Thanks, TSSZ News.

Update: As pointed out by @Shenmue_Dojo, Sega has also registered ShenmueRemastered.com (whois).

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/shenmue-hd-domain-registered-sega-europe

High-definition remasters of Shenmue and Shenmue II will launch in 2017, according to “a trusted source close to Atlus USA” of blog and online retailer Rice Digital.

The website reports that both games may be released together rather than separately, and are likely being geared up to launch before Shenmue III. While it doesn’t have any further information, the website said it was told it is “safe to assume a PC / Steam release,” and that there has not been any indication that the remasters will appear on any other platform.

The author of the article previously leaked information that Atlus would publish The King of Fighters XIV a few days before its official announcement.

Back in January, Sega registered a pair of Shenmue remaster-related domains in ShenmueHD.com and ShenmueRemastered.com.

Prior to that, in May 2016, Sega said it was “investigating” working on remasters of Shenmue and Shenmue II.

The long-anticipated sequel, Shenmue III, is in development at Ys Net and currently slated for release for PlayStation 4 and PC in December.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/rumor-shenmue-ii-hd-remasters-due-2017

What so no console release?... That's fucking stupid if true, so fucking stupid that I'll actually boycott 3 if it turns out that way.

1 hour ago, mr lakitu said:

Yeah let's see that happen :lol:

Believe me, if they don't release on console I won't be buying the third game... why would I when I can barely remember what happened in the first and never actually finished the second.

I'm sure they'll release HD digitally on console if this rumour turns out to be true in anyway.

S3 is releasing on console and PC so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to restrict SHD to Steam.

20 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

Surely no one really believed it'd come out this year 

I'm not sure I believe it'll come out period...

im_shocked.gif

Yeah no surprise at all there, there's no way it was coming out this year, I've been waiting long enough, another 12-18 months isn't going to hurt.

New announcements and footage at GamesCom

Shenmue III to debut new footage, updates, and announcements at Gamescom 2017

Plus, a look at some new characters in development.

Shenmue III will exhibit Gamescom 2017 from August 22 to 26 with its “newest movie clips,” “latest updates,” and “some new announcements,” Ys Net said in an update published today.

The developer has also updated the game’s logo.

Ys Net also provided a sneak peek at some of the game’s new characters currently in development.

Shenmue III is due out for PlayStation 4 and PC in the second half of 2018.

Ly4hGOx.png

Yrg9o1u.png

sDL4UpM.png

Shenmue-3-June-Update_06-30-17_001.jpg

I know they're probably trying for the feel of the originals but Ryu looks about as expressive as a plank of wood...