passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Shenmue 3

radiofloyd

• 1 month later...

Least surprising news of the week 

Hello Everyone,    

Today, Yu Suzuki & Deep Silver would like to give a message concerning the release date.      

Shenmue III will now release on 19th November 2019.   

[before] August 27, 2019

[new] November 19, 2019    

Whilst almost ready, the game simply needs a little more refinement before being truly finished.

We feel that the extra time we have will help us deliver the true Shenmue experience players around the world deserve!

We thank you for your patience and understanding,    

Yu Suzuki & Deep Silver

They've announced that the pc version is Epic exclusive, which I think I joked about recently and now I hate myself for. 

People understandably aren't happy, they requested Steam keys on the backer survey. I'm not happy about it either, people have been requesting refunds which the Kickstarter team (I don't know if it's Deep Silver at this point) have refused 

The thing is there are specific features built into steam which make the differences here matter. Minor ones like a wider support for non standard controller schemes and much more major ones like emulation layers which let you play windows games on Linux. They have an xcloud-esque streaming solution too.

Epic doesn't have the same feature set as steam. In a way these stores are really like a soft platform onto themselves. If Yu Suzuki did make it sound like a steam release was coming then maybe there's a case here. But I dunno consumer law.

There's also some controversy I hear over no physical PC release

People gave money for a game that didn’t exist and may never have. You can’t throw money at nothing and complain when you it’s only 98% what you’d hoped when they showed you nothing that time years ago. They’re getting the game they asked for. 

Well if you are a Linux user who was counting on Steam support to allow you to play it on your platform then I think you're entitled to complain.

I'm a Linux user for what it's worth but I have a PS4 copy backed so it doesn't affect me. I've used stuff like this before tho when I played Planescape Torment on a Linux laptop. It doesn't support it natively (as I recall at least) so features like this are important to some people.

Looks lovely. Not sure why people are complaining about the graphics, to me the game always looks colourful and appealing every time I see it. 

Ok i’ve decided Shenmue is going to be the next non-indie game I play.

1 hour ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

People gave money for a game that didn’t exist and may never have. You can’t throw money at nothing and complain when you it’s only 98% what you’d hoped when they showed you nothing that time years ago. They’re getting the game they asked for. 

What? 

People were promised a Steam version, they have every right to complain if they aren't getting it 

There's actually no mention of Steam on their Kickstarter page:

PS4 physical copy now a platform choice! All tiers $60 and above will include your choice of the following: 

• PS4 Physical Copy 
  • PS4 Digital Copy 
  • Windows PC Physical Copy 
  • Windows PC Digital Copy

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=shenmue