passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Shenmue 3

radiofloyd

I can't remember who I was talking to but apparently this isn't the end, which is really stupid. They've had to jump through some right old hoops to get this made and to me it's only right they wrap the whole thing up, because if it flops and they leave on a cliff hanger, the fans will never get closure.

That's who this game is for as well. The fans. I can't see many people jumping in at this point, especially how it looks, they're preaching to the choir on this one 

I'll be clear, I don't want this to be bad. I want it to the best it can be for the people that are invested, but if it is a bad game and they do manage to fuck about and not nip thee story off in a satisfying way there'll be so much backlash for this game. People have waited over a decade and had to invest in a kickstarter as well as have backing from a major company. That in itself is a bit skeevy, but if they do a huge cliffhanger and leave people out in the cold once the game wraps up I am certain they'll be hell to pay. Nothing short of Ryo getting his revenge on Lan Di will suffice.

He's sticking to his guns and refusing to compromise on his vision, which I respect and get. This series was originally supposed to be ten games long or some shit until they crammed 4 or 5 chapters into Shenmue II when they saw they were running out of runway. So probably this has to me made with Shenmue 4 in mind without the whole thing just forcing an empty kind of closure on people. Which in some ways can be worse than no closure at all.

he's not aiming for that now, originally the story was X amount of chapters, they ended up cutting some and merging a few in to Shenmue 2. There was supposed to be a bit on the boat between Japan and Hong Kong, it's why Shenmue 2 starts with you talking to a kid and his mum but you never saw what happened. Then Shenmue 2 is something like chapters 3-6

I’m buying purely to support the Developers, I’ll probably buy 5 copies, it’s the least I can do. I’ve already got my Kickstarter copy too.

I don’t really care how good the game actually is. Part of the issue is perceptions, it’s a little Indie game but part of a series that was so ridiculously AAA back in the day.

So they expect something like the level of lavishness from the RE2 remake for $7 million? Not happening.

You do know I’m kidding when I say that right @Sly Reflex, I’m not insane. This will get 5s, 6s and 7s across the board and be as far from a GOTY a contender as you can get.

I still don’t really give a fuck. SHENMUE FUCKING 3 COMES OUT THIS YEAR!!!! HOW FUCKING COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!

Ryo is too pure to be corrupted by the Yakuza studio ? @Hendo

3 hours ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

You'll buy 5 copies even if its crap just to support them? :wacko:

Yep. I’ve never done this before in my life but I am so incredibly passionate about this game and desperately want it to be a success that I’m willing to pretty much give as much as I can to try to help ensure that. 

Sometimes you've gotta buy with your heart rather than head. I understand games cost money and I almost always buy with my head myself but for this I’ll be buying straight from the heart.

• 1 month later...

I played them to completion 7-8 years ago and had a fantastic time. I have got the Remasters on PS4 but not got round to playing them yet.

If I do replay them on PS4 I definitely won’t ruin the games for myself by bending over backwards to get all the trophies ?

I last played the first one in my 20s and still enjoyed it, but I played them at launch and loved them, so knowing what to expect probably helped 

Either way can we not use the news thread just to shit on a game that isn't out and that none of us have even properly seen running. I'm all for healthy cynicism but a page of hot takes isn't really needed 

24 minutes ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

@DANGERMAN is right. There’s an impressions thread. Go smack talk it there.

Is it too late to change my order to Xbox ☹️

through the kickstarter? I think so, they've not sent out the address survey's yet, but I'm sure I had to confirm my platform. Try emailing them, I did see something about them changing things for people