passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Shenmue 3

radiofloyd

I'm still just pleased we're getting Shenmue 3 in the first place, Yu has said that in order to make the game truly open-world and what he's always envisioned he'll need $10m which I don't think it'll get, hopefully it'll get to $5m and we'll get a semi-open world with some of the elements he wanted to put in at the $10m mark, I just want closure, whatever it plays like I just want to see the story through to its conclusion.

Kickstarter is upto $3.5m at the moment, $3.5m in a week isn't bad, but I really can't see it reaching much above $5m at this rate.

I'm still just pleased we're getting Shenmue 3 in the first place, Yu has said that in order to make the game truly open-world and what he's always envisioned he'll need $10m which I don't think it'll get, hopefully it'll get to $5m and we'll get a semi-open world with some of the elements he wanted to put in at the $10m mark, I just want closure, whatever it plays like I just want to see the story through to its conclusion.

I could be wrong but you better hope it's a massive success!

The last I heard, this is not planned to be the last game - it sounds like they're being a bit dumb and wanting to continue so the chances are, this will end with another cliff hanger ending.

I could be wrong but you better hope it's a massive success!

The last I heard, this is not planned to be the last game - it sounds like they're being a bit dumb and wanting to continue so the chances are, this will end with another cliff hanger ending.

Yeah, Suzuki came out yesterday or the day before saying he'd want to do Shenmue 4 if Shenmue 3 is a success, think it came from the Reddit AMA or something...I think it's a bit silly really, 'don't run before you can walk' as the saying goes, S3 will give me some closure at least.

Spoke to a huge Shenmue fan friend about this last night and how they might struggle to update it.

He said games like GTA have out done it with the open world stuff, so Suzuki should just make it as if he was making on the Dreamcast. Don't try to make it big budget. Use an updated Shenmue 2 engine. :lol:

Thought that was a pretty cool idea.

Yeah, wouldn't be a bad idea, I think they've already said they're doing S3 on the Unreal 4 Engine though, according to the live Q&A Suzuki did on Twitch last night the more money the project gets the more open-world it'll be, if the Kickstarter finished at its current funding level it would be a very story-based streamlined experience.but at $10m/$11m all will be a fully fleshed out open-world.

Yeah, Suzuki said in the Q&A that they aren't going to rush through the story just so they can fit it all into 3, and confirmed there'd be a Shenmue 4 (and maybe 5) dependent on how well this does funding-wise and what kind of reception it gets before it comes out, bit silly to say that this early I think but all Shenmue fans already knew that 3 probably wouldn't be the ending as there's 16 chapters already written by Suzuki and the two games released so far have only covered Chapters 1-5, Shenmue 3 will pick up from Chapter 6.

I'd imagine S3 will cover Chapters 6-9 or something.

• 3 weeks later...

SHENMUE 3 RETAIL RELEASE NOT GUARANTEED
262 Only backers can secure a hard copy.
BY ALEX OSBORN
Unless you are a Kickstarter backer of Shenmue III who shelled out at least $60 in support of the project, you aren't guaranteed a physical copy of the game when it eventually is released.
While the game will be available for purchase digitally on both PC and PS4, Ys Net can't confirm it will be available at retailers as a disc-based product. "Whether Shenmue 3 will be available for retail or not is currently unconfirmed," the company told VG247 via email.
Here's a New Trailer for Shenmue 3 - IGN News
01:09
Yu Suzuki's upcoming Shenmue II followup has found a lot of success through crowdfunding, solidifying its place as one of Kickstarter's top 10 successes. If this third installment does end up being a massive hit, there's a good chance we'll see a fourth entry.

• 5 months later...