passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

DisturbedSwan

What difficulty are you playing on though? The one I'm on was brutal when my silver sword broke towards the end of the area

Anyway that's a long time in the past and I've new problems. For some reason last night I was getting a graphics kernel error that was crashing the game, this was after it had locked up. Not sure what was causing it, hopefully it'll be fine next time I play.

I'm mopping up a few side missions before moving on with the story (level 9-10 stuff) I've got myself some Griffin armour but can't make all of it yet. I've done a contract in a graveyard, and tonight (or tomorrow) I might head back to Crookback Bog to help the Baron out

Yeah, you're right, Nag, compared to some expansion/season passes etc. the TW3 one will probably be quite good and is a pretty decent price at £20, CDPR are a decent studio and I think they'll want to put out a couple of decent expansions.

I think I just expected more hours is all, I expected Oblivion-length Expansions and they aren't really at that length is all, that and I've been burnt with buying Season passes in the past, they'll probably end up being decent additions to the game, I know, but I'll probably wait and have a look at the reviews when the first pack comes out before taking the plunge.

• 3 weeks later...

I think your memory might be inflating the amount of stuff the Oblivion DLC delivered.

Oblivion only had one expansion, and as far as I can tell was roughly the same length as these couple will add up to be. All the other DLCs were smaller add ons: things like new locations (or horse armour).

I've only played 30 minutes of Oblivion, so definitely can't speak from experience about the length of the Oblivion expansions, just heard numerous tales on podcasts, forums, reddit, comment threads etc. over the years that about the length of Shivering Isles in particular, and how much there was to explore in that expansion if you wanted to is all.

Wasn't trying to belittle the expansions or the expansion pass in anyway before, I think they'll be top quality additions to TW3. I think CDPR are a fantastic studio and I loved TW3, I guess I just expected/hoped the expansions would be longer than 30 hours is all and was a tad disappointed to find out they weren't, I guess I set my expectations too high length-wise, quality over quantity obviously though, if the expansions are incredible then it doesn't really matter about the length. Who knows maybe those time figures quoted are purely for just running through the main-quest stuff in the expansions anyway and don't take into account exploration time, side-quests etc. who knows.

All depends when the first Expansion drops for me as well, if it's right in the middle of when a billion AAA games are coming out in September/October/November I'll probably wait and buy it in January or something when everything has died down.

Wasn't trying to belittle the expansions or the expansion pass in anyway before, I think they'll be top quality additions to TW3. I think CDPR are a fantastic studio and I loved TW3, I guess I just expected/hoped the expansions would be longer than 30 hours is all and was a tad disappointed to find out they weren't, I guess I set my expectations too high length-wise

That is longer than most AAA games these days.

By the time I get round to it, all the DLC and expansions will be out. I'm worried it'll be too big for me (for the amount of gaming time I have available) by then.

finished this the other day and whatnot. it's really good and stuff. i like the witcher, it's pretty funny at times too, looks and sounds amazing. not without it's problems mind, lots of crashing on pc, a few quests bugged out, annoying inventory management, too many crafting parts/ingredients, too long - for me anyway, prefer shorter games usually - so shows that it's good as i still finished it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't got that far yet, just sticking to the main path. Have got dressed and had a shave.

I'm more talking about the amount of tutorial shit it's throwing at me. I got to the point on my first game of Gwent where I just gave up and hammered the button to get through it.

If you remember the bit after you leave the castle after having a shave and getting your things back? You immediately go to a tavern and get in a fight with 3 guys?

Well, I could happily give you a 15 minute video of me dying over and over at their hands.

I finally killed them and now I can barely leave the village.

Don't listen to Nag. Witcher 3 has a much better combat system than the Elder Scrolls games, it's also massively less po-faced

I'm not saying you'll necessarily love it, it's my game of the year (so it's the game of the year), but I really liked Skyrim. It's huge though, it's not something you're going to struggle your way through