Sign in to follow this  
Blakey

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Jesus Blakey, what are you hoarding?... Sell, sell, sell.

You're right about storage, there is nowhere so pick a nice area and dump you're belonging there, apparently they won't go missing... Buying saddlebags for your horse ups the weight you can carry too.

Also Alchemy crafting is a one time only thing, if you have the ingredients, craft the item and you won't have to again (these items are replenished when you meditate as long as you have alcohest on you)... so keeping 100 Nekkor claws is a waste of time and carrying weight.

Sorry if you knew all this by the way.

I went exploring without Roach last night and enjoyed myself loads more without that dim wit getting stuck on everything, it might take a little longer to get somewhere but it's a damn sight more fun.

I think because I was just going from ? to ? on the map, all the gear just piled and piled up until I was just having to drop something out of necessity to carry on unfortunately, have taken your advice though and sold quite a few bits and pieces today, got some Relic-rated armour/weapons and sold some of them for a pretty penny, dumped some of the less desirable stuff outside of the Mulbrydale marker, went back there later on and it wasn't there...so either I have a very bad memory or the patch that came out today (1.03 on PC) fucked things up in that regard, I've dumped some more stuff in a similar place, I'll go back and see if it's there tomorrow, no big deal if not.

I didn't know about the saddlebags or Alchemy crafting either, so cheers for that as well, one of the first things I did today was make up all the potions, items etc. that I could, tried to find a merchant that would sell me a saddlebag or too but without any luck...

So yeah, 17 hours in now, Level 6, still hardly progressed the story and spent almost the entirety of today discovering all the areas with noticeboards in the lower parts of Velen and doing quite a few Contracts and side-quests, all utterly compelling, can't wait to play some more tomorrow.

i think the buy/sell dudes where absent from the map - but after the patch they're on there now, so that's good. i've just done a few missions in the second location, still really enjoying it.

Picked this up yesterday, not got far into it yet. But Jesus Tapdancing Christ, this looks amazing on PS4.

I also really like the "Thank You" card the developers put inside the game case. They clearly love what they do.

I'm hoping the patch fixes the crashing. At least once a day I've had it display my desktop before just shutting itself off. I haven't lost too much progress from it, and some times its hours before it does it, but it needs fixing

I've been and visited all of the Notice boards in the Velen and Novigrad areas and have around twenty quests to get through now... :)

Gonna start working my way through those now, closest to my level first. Think I'm around halfway to level 7 at the minute... This game is so stingy with experience points.

I'm hoping the patch fixes the crashing. At least once a day I've had it display my desktop before just shutting itself off. I haven't lost too much progress from it, and some times its hours before it does it, but it needs fixing

Patch 1.03 came out yesterday on PC, I haven't had any crashes since (I didn't have the desktop one, but had the inventory stalling bug) I must say.

I meant to post this last night. When you get to it, if you haven't already, on the Find a Witch mission, talk to the old man at the entrance to the town and watch Geralt's reaction to the rambling story :lol:

That Digitiser write up is awful. I feel bad for giving them an extra click.

Played another 3 hours so far today (going to put in another couple of hours later), 20 in total, now discovered all the notice boards in Velen and Novigrad, did all the side-quests I could at my Level (now Level 7) but couldn't do anymore as I was too low a level for them so had to move onto the main questline, did a few quests and these main-quests opened a few new side-quests and contracts, did a couple of these and then that was about it for me today thus far, absolutely loving this now, Novigrad was such an amazing place to experience, all the sights and sounds, it felt like a living, breathing city and was just an awesome sight to behold.

That Digitiser write up is awful. I feel bad for giving them an extra click.

Fuckin A... Edgy review is edgy.

@ Blakey, don't be scared of having a go at some of the missions that are a couple of levels above you... If it's green coded you have decent chance of being able to pull it off...

Now I'm gonna spend the rest of the night figuring out how to evolve medieval fantasy... :P

@ Blakey, don't be scared of having a go at some of the missions that are a couple of levels above you... If it's green coded you have decent chance of being able to pull it off...

Cheers, fortunately I managed to suss this out pretty early on, been doing all the Green side-missions, Witcher Contracts, Treasure Hunts etc. that I had available, pretty much run out of side-quests and contracts to do now (too high level, all in Red) so I've been carrying on with the main questline for the past few hours or so, I'm pretty impressed with it so far, currently 24 hours in, Level 10.

I wish I had more health items,the 3 Swallow you can carry isn't enough and I burnt through most of my food on a boss fight hours ago. It made one of the baron missions really difficult, and while I'm happy playing on a higher difficulty, healing when you meditate would be nice

Killing Wolves and other wild animals can give you a fairly decent stash of food, I know what you mean though, the amount of potions you can hold is pretty lame.

Enjoyed what little I've played of this so far. Though I want to get cracking with it,my Theory Test is in just under 3 weeks,so that's taking priority at the moment.

yeah, I can imagine this is exactly the sort of game that you shouldn't be playing when you HAVE to do something. Time just vanishes

I quite like how some quests just go and go and go. The Baron mission is huge, I'm not at the end of that, but it opens up 2 other missions involving the peller and a witch. Both of those missions should be over fairly quick, they would in most other games, but the witch one goes for ages, even after you get your reward(s), and then the peller pops back up which starts at least another 2 missions. It's no wonder the game is so big, one missions leads to about 20 :lol:

I've just finished the Bloody Baron quest line, at least I think i have... Got an achievement in any case, there's still something unresolved there so we'll see.

The games clicked now and I'm loving it, still not sure how to build my skills exactly, although it's fair to say I'll be more combat/sign based than alchemy. The only thing that narks me a little now is when I walk through a bandit camp without a scratch then five minutes later get my arse handed to me by a bunch of Nekkors.

i had 3 crashes early on, but then none after the patch...till today where i had another 2 crashes. also had a bug where a character was doing fire magic in a fight, then in the cut scene after their hand was still on fire with the flame effects while they had their armes crossed and stuff, was pretty funny. still really enjoying it, as it becomes more apparent that it's a really big game i'm doing less side quests.