passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

DisturbedSwan

I gave this a go on my PC this morning out of interest and I think this is the biggest upgrade I’ve seen from console to PC outside of AW2. The animations are a bit dated, and there’s some graphics bugs in the menus. But going around the world and playing it is super impressive. The lighting and hair in particular is next level. 

I worked out a good settings for the key bindings and it plays kind of Ok on M&K, too. 

The lock-on button by default is bound to Z. Tell me that’s not an Ocarina of Time reference 

I don't recommend doing things like this, playing Witcher 3 with ray tracing, cause the more you do that the more this type of game's visuals will end up ruining everything else for you. 

Novigrad just looks insane. 

(I never liked the hairworks stuff in this though, always looked like bits of silky string or something)

Just playing it now and this game is sick. I played it years ago when it first came out. Got to about 30 hours, I think. Had a great time playing it then, but just one of those things where I dropped off of it. 

But returning to it is so much fun. I only put it on to try out my PC and, wow, yeah, it looks amazing. Some animations are a bit rusty, some art assets are a bit low quality, but the lighting and everything is stunning. 

Unintentional but this might be my next game proper after Persona. This is really good. 

I'm just having a bit of trouble understanding movement in combat. But back step, sword swing seems to be working just fine 

I will say I looked at that stream a bit and I don't think twitch actually conveys how beautiful the game looks in motion tbh. 

Like it's more specifically how the visuals just sort of flow in when you're galloping around on the horse which stood out to me last I played it. The weird thing about Witcher 3 in particular though is that's exactly the impression I have every single time I play it on new hardware. PS4, PC, this current PC, it's sort of an evergreen game, even if there are noticeably dated aspects of how characters move and look (but frankly, the animation work is still impressive enough by how carefully blocked and framed everything is, for a 2015 video game)

I noticed when I moved on stream it got a bit fuzzy. But I dunno how to solve that.

For me it’s the lighting and the depth it gives everything. Just as I turned the stream off I reached Velen and wow. When looking at the world you wouldn’t think the game was nearly 10 years old at all. 

The clothing looks different to me when a game has good RTX as well. I played a bit more Control tonight and noticed it there as well. The characters clothing just looks thicker, has depth to it and looks more real overall.

Some of the mechanics in Witcher 3 are confusing to me, and sword fighting on keyboard is odd. But I’m getting the hang of it. But more than anything I was just immediately absorbed this time pretty much from the off.