passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

DisturbedSwan

I played a few hours a few nights ago. Wandered off onto a side mission (caravan got raided in a swamp, dude wanted his box back) got my ass kicked by some gremlins and turned it off. Might knock the difficulty down to easy and go back again 

2 hours ago, retroed said:

Warning. Do not convert your disc version of The Witcher 3 into a digital copy. The saves are not compatible. :angry:

I read up a bit on this, apparently it's because the retail game has its region as UK, but the digital eu. Ridiculous that Sony wouldn't sort it for you 

@DANGERMAN Twice I've been on the phone, have escalated the call but have to wait for a call back. I probably won't be able to answer unless it's tomorrow morning, though. Also emailed them but not expecting anything. 

I've converted tons of disc games to digital (Diablo III, Black Ops III, Battlefield 4 and Hardline, PvZ GW2 and more) and never had an issue, I think The Witcher III is the only game on PS4 that it affects.

If I hadn't booted the game I'd be able to get a refund, but because I loaded the game I'm stuffed. I really hate Sony customer support. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Put my first hour into this. Went with the Blood and Bare Bones difficulty. I chose to simulate a Witcher 2 save although god knows if I can remember the events of the Witcher 2. Hopefully. Played as far as White Orchard. Needless to say it's a beautiful game. The mention of Vizima made me nostalgic, haven't been there in a while...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went back to this today for a bit of a change of pace. I was going to go to the Isle of Mist, but when I got a fail state for a side quest I'd left I decided to reload and go and to it 

The mission in question is one involving Dandelion at the brothel/safe house. I hate Dandelion, I hate him in the books too but at least you can't hear him speak there. Hence why I'd left it. In typical Witcher fashion the side quest turned in to hours and hours of play, with multiple layers. It turns in to a really good story too, a massive tone shift from how it starts 

Spoiler

It's the one with the serial killer. Kind of cool that they took the time to model out the victims rather than just use the standard corpse model 

• 8 months later...

Gonna start 2019 by finally ticking this game off my backlog.

I’ve played a few hours and done a couple of quests around White Orchard. Seems cool so far, obviously the game looks beautiful and the world feels very alive. Playing on normal difficult and I chose not to generate a W2 save as I don’t remember anything about that game.

Looking forward to devoting the next month plus to it!

This game is so good. I explored more of the White Orchard area, clearing out bandit camps, guarded treasure and that kind of thing. I cleared out the monsters in the Sawmill and people then moved in and started working there which was really cool. I’ve found and crafted better equipment. Loving this so far.

Prompted by a couple of you talking about going back to this I have too. I'm a lot later in than you RF so I won't go in to too much detail 

It's been a long time since I started Witcher 3. I've been back to it a few times since, I only stop because there's so much other stuff to play. Anyway, the downside to that is, while I know the core parts of the plot, Wild Hunt and all that, no idea about the various side threads and characters. I had a conversation with someone about their friend, apparently they're dead and I was there when it happened, it sounds like they died a hero, no idea who they are. 

I'm currently doing a mission with a sorcerer called Philippa. She's brilliant, a proper scornful nasty piece of work ?