passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

DisturbedSwan

Yeah it's pretty gutting, I keep getting little magical trinkets from side-quests, exploration and stuff and Geralt keeps saying

If Triss was still around I could take it to her...

rubs it in everytime! Oh well, I got a kiss, I suppose! :lol:

46 hours played now, Level 19.

Finished off the side-quests I had left in Novigrad, did a Witcher contract to take out a Royal Vyvern (piece of piss) then I went round exploring the ???s, found this hilarious side-quest involving mouldy cheese :lol: will go round and discover the rest of the ???s in Velen, finish off any side-quests I can do and then finally move onto Skellige I think.

I'm 51 hours in now, Level 20 and just finished reading all the noticeboards around Skellige, not sure if there's much point in doing the quests that are greyed out now (no XP I don't think) but I did a couple of them anyway just because they're so damn good.

Skellige itself, I'm not sure what to make of, the scenery is absolutely jaw-dropping at times, but can't help thinking it's a tad more generic design-wise than Velen. Velen felt like this uniquely Witcher world, one of death, depravity and desperation, gripped in war and woe but Skellige just feels a bit like, well, Skyrim really...nothing wrong with that, Skyrim's a fantastic game, but I can't help feel a teensy bit disappointed with it, it definitely has a sense of awe and wonder about it though, I'll give it that, and that song that plays, absolutely spine-tingling, just perfect for that world.

Yeah, just make sure you stay with the "Get Junior" quest and don't deviate until you've finished it and you'll be fine, this was the lesser of two evils for me anyway as I ultimately ended up failing the side-quest (as I was going to go back to do it after) as a result. Went to see the guy you have to talk to in "Gangs of Novigrad", and couldn't get an option to resolve the quest, just two options that did nothing (no idea if this side-quest bugged as well) so failed it ultimately, lesser of two evils though, much rather fail a side-quest than halt my progress in the main questline.

just got chance to go back to this, i had started get junior, then another quest soon after - so went back to the get junior one and completed it before the other one - worked out ok luckily.

Edit - trying to play this as nice as possible but so many people always end up dead! Why don't people just accept the witchers word as law and do what he says instead of always wanting to die?

Has anyone done Dandelion's quest after you rescue him, Christ, it's pretty dark....

I assume you're talking about

The Priscilla stuff with the serial killer?

some bits of it were pretty dark I agree, loved that quest-line.

I'm now 55 hours in, Level 22.
Done a load of Contracts, Side-Quests and a few Main-Quests on Skellige today, working through my back-log, started off doing the lowest I could (grey) although it's pretty pointless, and a couple of greens, after this I realised that the main quest I was pretty much ignoring was greyed out as well (no main quest xp!) so I thought, well I really should do a few of these to get it so I can earn XP on the main-quests at least, so did about 4 or 5 of these, absolutely brilliant missions again and got the infamous Unicorn sex-scene :lol: got the feeling I'm quite near the end with the main-questline, so I've no idea if I should just do all the side-quests and forget about getting XP from the main, or the other way round really, I know if I finish off the main-questline first then I probably won't go back to mop up my remaining side-quests.

Yeah, that's the one... took great pleasure in sorting that guy out.

Have you hooked up with Ciri and stuff now, then?.

I finished all the main-quests in Skellige yesterday and the next quest I have to do is 'Ugly Baby' back in Velen

been doing a load of the Skellige side-quests and contracts today though, quite a few today, a few greyed out, a few green (although I didn't seem to get much XP from them...) 58 hours in, Level 22. Will put a couple more hours in early tomorrow morning.

New Driver update from Nvidia been giving me major problems tonight.

Game has been absolutely fine for probably about 50 hours now, only had it black screen hard-crash a few times at Kaer Morhen at the very start of the game when I (probably) had the settings up too high, had it stall a bit in the menus since then but that was a known bug with the game and was easy to ALT + TAB out of, returned back to

Kaer Morhen

today in the story and it started crashing again, once was just after a cutscene and then another 3 times after that when I was out on missions...I looked in the graphics settings in the pause menu and I swear there are new options added in there that I didn't see before, fiddled around with them, set the post-processing stuff to the Medium preset and the Graphics stuff to the High preset went back to the game and carried on for about 20 minutes or so without any problems so hopefully that's resolved it...weird though, was running absolutely perfectly on the previous yesterday afternoon... :(

Now Level 23, 60 hours in, current quest is

"The Final Trial" at Kaer Morhen

looked it up and you're right, Nag, these are some of the first quests in Act 2 according to a quick skim-read of a walkthrough I just found on google :lol: so I'd imagine I've probably got at the very least another 10 hours of main quest-line to go, just hope the crashing doesn't return otherwise I may have to wait for a patch or the next Nvidia driver update or something...had a scare earlier where it said my save data was corrupted when I tried to load back in after booting up the PC again after a crash, luckily it was just the autosave checkpoint save that was corrupted and I could happily load a slightly later manual save.

Another 5 hours on here yesterday and today.

Just did entirely story-questline quests today to try to make a bit of headway, ended up getting quite a bit done and I think now I am actually pretty close to the end, may even finish it tomorrow if I exclusively do story-questline quests again, don't know whether to do that or go back and mop up the 10ish contracts and side-quests I've got left, guess I'll decide tomorrow, can always do them after the main questline is over, but I don't know whether I'll have the motivation to do so or not.

Won't give anything away but the story has gone a bit confusing now and is far less interesting than in the first half of the game, I'm still enjoying it though and will see it through to its conclusion, some great quests along the way.

Now Level 31, 65 hours total.

Yeah, the XP I was getting for the main story-quests yesterday were absolutely ridiculous, don't know if it's just because I'm playing on Easy that I get more than usual or what but I went from Level 23 to 31 in 5 hours :blink::blink::blink: the XP was ridiculous, kept popping up like '1000XP gained' after the main story-quests, pretty absurd really, level has absolutely sky-rocketed.

Played 3 hours today, just exclusively stuck to side-quests, Witcher Contracts and a Treasure Hunt that I had left on my quest-log, completed all the Witcher Contracts available and got the 'chievo :D and also became brawling Champion of Champions or something, pretty cool as well and you get some decent rewards for doing so, lots of cool side-quests mainly in Skellige, and a fantastic one in Novigrad that hearkened back to TW2's plot somewhat.

Finished everything I had left on my quest-log (apart from the Gwent quests as I'm incredibly shit at Gwent) and will continue on to the remaining few main story-quests tonight, may even finish it, crazy :blink:

Now Level 33, 68 hours played in total.

Finished it today, 72 hours played, Level 35.

This is the game that CD Projekt Red always wanted to create for sure, The Witcher and The Witcher 2 weren't bad games in their own right, but I get the feeling CDPR were hampered by development costs and budgeting issues on those games, therefore they couldn't quite create the open-world Witcher game they'd always wanted to and had to create something slightly more linear and story based, with hubs of playing areas rather than an endless world.

The world of The Witcher 3 is like if Christopher Nolan made a fantasy film, it's this dark, gritty, war-ravaged world where there's no heroes, just different scheming characters with their own set agendas and ideas, where to save a few you may have to slaughter many. It's almost like a low-fantasy world, akin to something like Game of Thrones, as opposed to a world like Dragon Age: Inquisition's which I'd consider a high fantasy world, everything feels grounded in The Witcher 3, believable, with a melancholy permeating the world, it is easily comparable to something like Game of Thrones with Monsters.

The side-quests give a lot of weight to proceedings, in RPGs I usually judge them by the strength of the world they've created and secondly by the strength of the side-quests, the side-stories if you like, that divert your attention from the main story-questline of the game, all of my favourite RPGs I've enjoyed the side-quests far more than the main story-questline and it ended up as more of a distraction to get finished than a cohesive cinematic story to get your teeth into. There are some truly amazing side-quests that CDPR have thrown in there, but not many live upto the heights of Skyrim or Fallout 3's stellar side-quests.

CDPR do a far better job than Bethesda (in Fallout 3 and TES:Skyrim) in their story questline but it still falls slightly short, the first half is incredibly entertaining but it all goes a bit confusing for the last half and descends into nonsense, it's still far more entertaining than TES:Skyrim, Fallout 3 or Dragon Age: Inquisition's story but it still ends up feeling a bit flat in the end, even though there are some stellar quests throughout that are truly cinematic and bombastic in nature.

Quite simply, the best Western-RPG I've played since Skyrim.

9/10

There's a quest called "Isle of Mists" about 2/3 of the way through the story that'll give you a warning that you should be above should save before you go any further and that you should be at least Level 22 to go any further (you may of already got to this point I'm not sure) but after you've done this quest everything returns back to normal and you can do all the side-quests, contracts etc. you want to do right up until the very last story-quest in the game, it doesn't lock you into an endgame sequence, I did all the last story-quests one after another, but I'm almost 100% you could go off and explore other things right up until the final quest.

I have died so many times trying to kill the werewolf on the ladies of the wood mission it's beginning to piss me off. There's a good second delay after button presses and the bastard thing runs off and regenerates faster than I can kill it.

Just switch the difficulty down to easy, problem solved! ;)

I always used Quen, rarely used anything else, apart from Yrden for Wraiths and Aard very rarely.

I liked the combat much more than I thought I would, even playing on easy I found it satisfying enough and it never became repetitive or dull to me, I'd imagine you'd feel like a proper Witcher, having to plan for Monsters etc. on higher difficulties which would be cool, but I'm getting old and I just want to enjoy the stories in RPGs nowadays without worrying about whether I'm going to get past x boss or y enemy.

I've done the werewolf now. Much better coming back after levelling up and getting better weapons.

Where can I see how long I've been playing for? I'd guess at 12hrs but would be nice to see.

If you go into the inventory menu/quest/alchemy etc. screen, I think you press RT (I may be wrong) and it brings up your player stats, it's definitely in that screen anyway, but it was bugged last time I tried to check it but they may of resolved it in the recent patch they put out I'm not sure.

I've not been playing this anywhere near as much as anyone else. But I can't muster up the enthusiasm since I'm locked into a story bit (I just met the witch lady who was taking a bath). Anyway, I'm at the start of the mission but I have fucked weapons due to not being able to find a blacksmith anywhere and I hoped to just bump into one but now I think I've fucked things.

Is the bit I'm about to do doable with fucked weapons?

I've not been playing this anywhere near as much as anyone else. But I can't muster up the enthusiasm since I'm locked into a story bit (I just met the witch lady who was taking a bath). Anyway, I'm at the start of the mission but I have fucked weapons due to not being able to find a blacksmith anywhere and I hoped to just bump into one but now I think I've fucked things.

Is the bit I'm about to do doable with fucked weapons?

There's no way you can wander off from the current mission and hunt down a Blacksmith in a town?