passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

DisturbedSwan

Played another 3 hours so far today (going to put in another couple of hours later), 20 in total, now discovered all the notice boards in Velen and Novigrad, did all the side-quests I could at my Level (now Level 7) but couldn't do anymore as I was too low a level for them so had to move onto the main questline, did a few quests and these main-quests opened a few new side-quests and contracts, did a couple of these and then that was about it for me today thus far, absolutely loving this now, Novigrad was such an amazing place to experience, all the sights and sounds, it felt like a living, breathing city and was just an awesome sight to behold.

@ Blakey, don't be scared of having a go at some of the missions that are a couple of levels above you... If it's green coded you have decent chance of being able to pull it off...

Cheers, fortunately I managed to suss this out pretty early on, been doing all the Green side-missions, Witcher Contracts, Treasure Hunts etc. that I had available, pretty much run out of side-quests and contracts to do now (too high level, all in Red) so I've been carrying on with the main questline for the past few hours or so, I'm pretty impressed with it so far, currently 24 hours in, Level 10.

I wish I had more health items,the 3 Swallow you can carry isn't enough and I burnt through most of my food on a boss fight hours ago. It made one of the baron missions really difficult, and while I'm happy playing on a higher difficulty, healing when you meditate would be nice

yeah, I can imagine this is exactly the sort of game that you shouldn't be playing when you HAVE to do something. Time just vanishes

I quite like how some quests just go and go and go. The Baron mission is huge, I'm not at the end of that, but it opens up 2 other missions involving the peller and a witch. Both of those missions should be over fairly quick, they would in most other games, but the witch one goes for ages, even after you get your reward(s), and then the peller pops back up which starts at least another 2 missions. It's no wonder the game is so big, one missions leads to about 20 :lol:

i had 3 crashes early on, but then none after the patch...till today where i had another 2 crashes. also had a bug where a character was doing fire magic in a fight, then in the cut scene after their hand was still on fire with the flame effects while they had their armes crossed and stuff, was pretty funny. still really enjoying it, as it becomes more apparent that it's a really big game i'm doing less side quests.

Played for 2 hours today, now 26 hours total, Level 11.

Just finished Keira's quest-line and Geralt's first notch on his bed post ;) really enjoyed that entire questline, loved Keira as a character as well, really interesting but with a sense of cheekiness, playfulness and capriciousness about her.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, haven't felt that way in an RPG since Skyrim, which is a sign of the games pedigree to me, have to agree as well, definitely my GOTY and my game of the generation so far, it's just a masterpiece in storytelling and design.

I'm 31 hours in now, going to play another couple of hours later tonight, Level 13. Did a treasure hunt side-quest, then went back to the main quest-line and finished off the Bloody Barons story-arch, some seriously amazing quests in here, the quest at Crookback Bog

(Ladies of the Wood)

was ridiculously amazing, the way that bog looked as well. shimmering in the moonlight and doused in fog, was absolutely stunning.

Carried on the main quest-line after this as I feel I need to finish up as much as I can do in Novigrad before sailing to Skellige.

Had a game breaking bug today I think, was doing the main quest 'Get Junior' you have to get into this secret room in this dungeon-type area, and I just can't get it to open at all, in the video I watched where a guy got into it alright Geralt says something before lighting a torch that moves and opens the door, I get none of this, Geralt says nothing as he approaches the door and I can't get the door to open at all no matter how many times I put-out and re-light the torch :(

Didn't initially think it was necessary to get into this room so was just going to carry on without it, but read on some forums and it seems like it's integral to the main quest-line so I'm going to have to reload an earlier save now and start the quest off fresh, unfortunately lost about 30-40 minutes of progress, very frustrating :(

I read on some forums that if you avoid doing the "Gangs of Novigrad" side-quest at the same time as the main-line quest "Get Junior" (they overlap) it doesn't bug, so I reverted to an earlier save, just did the main-quest and managed to get in the room this time, phew! Bloody glad to have that earlier save, fuck knows what would've happened if I hadn't, I might've been able to carry on and finish the quest without it but I didn't want to take the chance.

I read on some forums that if you avoid doing the "Gangs of Novigrad" side-quest at the same time as the main-line quest "Get Junior" (they overlap) it doesn't bug, so I reverted to an earlier save, just did the main-quest and managed to get in the room this time, phew! Bloody glad to have that earlier save, fuck knows what would've happened if I hadn't, I might've been able to carry on and finish the quest without it but I didn't want to take the chance.

oh, thanks for pointing this out, think this is where i am now, i'll have to check which quests i have on the go.

Yeah, just make sure you stay with the "Get Junior" quest and don't deviate until you've finished it and you'll be fine, this was the lesser of two evils for me anyway as I ultimately ended up failing the side-quest (as I was going to go back to do it after) as a result. Went to see the guy you have to talk to in "Gangs of Novigrad", and couldn't get an option to resolve the quest, just two options that did nothing (no idea if this side-quest bugged as well) so failed it ultimately, lesser of two evils though, much rather fail a side-quest than halt my progress in the main questline.

Moved on after this and did a few side-quests around Velen and a Level 20 Witcher contract which was by far my hardest yet, actually got my heart pumping a bit where the majority of the others (apart from Jenny o' the Woods) I breezed through.

Now Level 15, 38 hours in.

I actually thought I'd done something wrong the first time I tried that quest, I reloaded a previous save, went back in and tried to appease them somehow and not let the shit kick-off, got as far as the desk with the lead guy, asked him an innocuous question, he didn't like it and shit kicked off anyway, so I thought, fuck, this must just be how this quest goes down and carried on with it :lol:

I'm the same, I've got shit-tons of games to play in my Steam library (it's my own fault I just can't not buy a bargain :lol:), I just got Bayonetta 2, DKC:TF and Splatoon on Wii U and Batman:AK and E3 are just round the corner, my record for the amount of time I've played a game for is GTA V at 86 hours, at this time I can see TW3 beating that by a country mile, I haven't even reached Skellige yet and still got a ton of ?s to explore on Velen, absolutely mental, but yeah, absolutely incredible and everything else is put firmly on the back-burner.

Level 18 now, 43 hours in.