passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Warframe

RoboticMonk3y

The PS4 version maintains a pretty solid 60 when I played it early in the year so I dunno. 

Switch runs at 30 until you get a lot happening (I mean the points in co-op with 15 enemies running around) , but the dynamic resolution takes a bigger hit than the frame rate (according to Digital Foundry). 

The large, open area of Cetus runs well or badly depending on the connection. 

You're probably better off starting on other versions but if the TV is taken then its good for that, and there is a decent sized community on the Switch version since it's kinda new. 

PS4 is very solid. The Cetus shared hub can be really clunky just because it's full of players. However once you exit out onto the plains it's generally stable and smooth. It rarely glitches or craps out - I can only think of one occasion in the last few months. Certainly not like when I was going in with @Sly Reflex when it was pretty poor.

@DifferentClass are you applying Orokin Reactors to your frames? This will double your base mod capacity to 60. If you also acquire Aura mods (which often drop during alerts) these go in the left hand slot on the top row. With the right polarity and mod you can gain an additional 14 slots. This will max a frame out at 74. Going a step further you can add a Forma to your frame (or weapon) which will either add a polarity of your choice or change an existing polarity that's not working for you. This resets your frame / weapon to zero and you have to re-rank it but keeps allowing you to equip higher value mods (of a matching polarity). You can end up with 3 or more Formas on a frame if you're trying to max out a really good, favourite piece of gear.

A similar thing applies with melee weapons when you add a stance mod.

The benefit of Aura mods is that they have a personal and squad benefit, such as recharging health, energy, etc. If 4 squad members go in all using the same mod, say Corrosive Projection which is very popular, the benefits stack across the group, meaning in this case that enemies are stripped of most, if not all, of their armour before you've even fired a shot. 

Finally acquiring Prime blueprints to build either Prime frames or weapons is definitely worth pursuing. Prime gear outshines regular stuff. If you're not already then run void relics which is the main source of getting Prime loot blue prints. If you've got a relic with something you really want then consider making it radiant at the relic station in your ship to increase the probability of a better drop.

Finally if you're re-ranking a frame from zero because you've applied a Forma (or anything else you want to level up quick) then run the defence mission at Hydron on Sedna, it's an XP farm. You can get most items back up to rank 30 from 0 in about thirty minutes.

Yes @smallofbooty I've been doing some of that.  Got a bunch of half made prime weapons.  In fact I have all the components for Lex and the Helios sentinel but I need to get to Master Rank 8 before I can craft them. 

But the sentinel will have to be really good to replace my dog.  He rules. 

I've not been using the catalysts much.  I have one in my Burston but I'm waiting to see what other Frames are like before I commit to them.  I might have one in Mag TBH because I have become very accustomed to it. 

And yeah, I'm aura'd and stance'd up.  Though I don't have many auras at the moment. 

Oh god yes. That was a moment of confusion and wonder. Followed by some egg needing to be wiped from my face.

Companions are good for different things. Wyrm is good offensively, Taxon buffs you, Helios Prime is my favourite, scanning everything automatically and offering good protection. I think my Helios has only died once in six months.

Animals can be great but are vulnerable to status affects as they're grounded. No such issues for an airborne sentinel.

I've got three Kubrows now: Corpsehumper II, Gore Fister, and Mutt Is Murder. I think I just keep hatching them for the naming. My Kavat is called Charlie Says after the disturbing 1970s kids public information cartoons.

I'm assuming it's on Switch - there are some time limited Christmas cosmetics in the store - Kubrow elf hats, snow and fairy lights for the lander, etc.

I have two dogs at the moment.  But my first one is very useful as he turns me invisible so that's useful.  My other dog just breaks mineral containers and that's it.  I can do that myself.

I tried the sentinel that turns you invisible as well but the range it kicks in is so much shorter than the dog so it's no where near as useful. 

I've been using Oberon today.  Apart from the heal ability I don't think I like it.  It's attacking abilities are really sub-par. 

I suppose depends how you're playing. There are healer and support frames, crowd control frames, damage frames, etc. If your playing solo then the squad benefits of Oberon probably aren't very helpful. 

I've got to say being invisible is never something I feel the need for except in specific circumstances. Then I'd run Loki who has invisibility on his 2. Some players also have Loki specced for speed to do stealth runs. It's impossible to keep up with them they're that fast!

Fortuna, the new open world dlc launches on PS4 and Xbox on the 10th

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Gara so much now.  She's brilliant.  Her level 4 is a really wide reaching protective barrier and I have a ton of mods boosting my abilities so it goes even further and takes a hell of a hammering before it breaks.  It's made Defence missions and others where you are stationary so, so much easier.  Her other abilities are kinda weird but I'm making some use of them.

Also, since she has parts of her armour mirrored she can dazzle enemies and leave them open for a critical melee attack.  I wish I knew exactly what activates this passive ability so I could manipulate it more but it seems to just happen all the time.  I'm not complaining.

I'm at Uranus in terms of progress that way but to get to Neptune requires some harsh looking objectives, but it's fine, I'm okay where I'm at for now.  I have plenty of other things to do.  I'm just starting my Dojo.

I'm just at Master Rank 7, not a big jump from before but getting to 7 took quite a few attempts.  It was just awkward.  And' I've practised the one the gets me to 8 and its a piece of piss so I just need to get the exp.

Then I can start crafting some Prime gear ?

It's funny how mastery ranks can be really easy (I did 16 recently and it was a piece of piss) but there were a couple which were buggers.

I like Gara for defence. When the wall starts to crack you can use your 1 to shatter it for extra damage before raising another wall.

Do you do a vertical boost jump before triggering your 4? You can put a wall in that's really high, stops enemies from dropping in from above.

Nidus is a great defence frame. Has no shields and builds stacks based on toxic spores. When you hit enough stacks you can launch your 4, a toxic swamp with maggots which seek out enemies. It's a frame where I rarely fire a single shot or do a single melee as you're using your powers constantly. You're building for energy, duration and stretch.

• 4 weeks later...

I've made quite a bit of progress on this lately.

I'm on the the final areas.  Sedna and Eris.  I've also done a bit of important story stuff.  I've not being paying much attention to the story but I wish I had because it got kinda good and weird during this part.

One of the new things that has turned up is the Kuva Syphon missions.  I've read online what you're meant to do but I can't seem to get it to work.  You're supposed to find and stop some clouds using a scanner but I can never see them in the heat of battle.  Maybe buddies are needed to help but I'm not sure if many Switch players are this far (cross-play, please).

I also need to look into upgrading my Operator because I dunno what I'm supposed to do with that.