passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Warframe

RoboticMonk3y

I've read the in game description of the things numerous times, as have I read the wiki concerning Limbo. I think that sometimes doing with a vague idea of how something works is much better than just being well read up on the subject. I wouldn't have a fucking clue what was going on without the wiki, if it wasn't for that I'd have had a hard time deducing what the specials even did.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Limbo

I sort of like using him anyway, even though he has a head that looks like a fucked up Viennetta. Damn the art style is ugly sometimes most of the time.

1 hour ago, Sambob said:

This sounds confusing as fuck at times

Here’s the best advice I can give you.

Ignore everything. The game is not as complicated as either the game or the people who play it make out.

Make a character, drop onto planet, shoot stuff, collect stuff, you’ll learn what you need to as you play.

The game does itself no favours by throwing a lot of stuff at you that you really don’t need to know that early.

Edit: which is not to say the game has no depth, which clearly it’s riddled with it, but it’s all stuff you learn over time or will want to learn eventually.

To begin with, just shoot stuff and you’ll be fine.

Uranus is challenging in a group but eminently doable. Just needs a bit more coordination than we normally apply.

The creature you need to scan Sly is a blue tinged floating octopus type thing with trailing tentacles. I saw it, thought what's that - I'm going to scan it, and opened up the quest accidentally as a result. I think I need to go to earth for the next scan.

Used some more of the free currency to buy a frame slot for Mag. Not really spent enough time with her to develop any sense of what she's capable of other than she can pulls mobs towards her. It's a bit shit as it stands, but I might be missing something. She's no where near as immediate or as interesting as the other frames I've tried so far, but again that might just be me not understanding how to use her to the best of her abilities.

Played a bit more with Mag. Easily the worst frame I've played with. For those that care and there may be some surprises here, here's how I'd rank them through fun and power.

Limbo > Rhino > Volt > Oberon > Mag.

I don't think Oberon is bad in anyway, it's just I had more fun with the others. Mag on the other hand is pure trash. I'll get her to 30 and then she'll sit in my stash rotting.

I wonder where Excalibur will fit in that line up once I get around to having a go on him.

Ember is excellent fun, good 1st special, great area of effect and running round for three minutes (longer if you can find those energy orbs to top up) spitting fireballs is second to none. Enemies just melt.

Frost also a good area of effect and strong 4th special.

Currently trying Octavia, you might have to create me some music on the composition wheel Sly. If team mates crouch on the beat, they go invisible. Fire or melee on the beats they get damage buffs!

Also got the oculist scanned with Jay on Uranus - it appeared on a totally different mission to mine so I think we just need to work through the nodes on the planet and it will just appear for you randomly Sly.

We beat Uranus. It has the campiest bad guy I've ever seen, He's exuberant in his boss status. Actually not a bad boss fight either, which is good since we have to fight him about 50 times to make sure we get all of the Equinox bits for that particular frame.

Also @smallofbooty mentioned the comments on the wiki page of a mission we're stuck on and it might be the funniest thing I've ever read. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Pursuit

I've only tried it once and told it to go get fucked. It looks like my feelings in a drop in the salty ocean comparatively.

The complete contrast of the people ranting reasonably eloquently and then the one guy that doesn't have English as his first language "FUCKING, IT TO HARD!!!!!!! I CANT STOP DYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1", you can just sense his sheer frustration at what the game is tasking him with.

We've still to grind Uranus to get Equinox, which instead of the usual 3 parts has 6 instead. The best thing is we've done all the nodes on Uranus, so we can extract materials from Uranus every 4 hours. After that there's no reason to visit Uranus again unless there's an alert, in which case I'll pop Limbo on and slip into the rifts of Uranus.

Spoiler

Ash - Blueprint drops from "Manics"

Atlas - Do the Jordas Precept Quest and then do Archwing mission to farm bits. :(

Banshee - Acquired through the Tenno lab section of a clan dojo.

Chroma - Complete the mission The New Strange and then complete Relays to gain access to the parts.

Ember - Kill the boss on Tethys, Jupiter.

Equinox - Titania on Uranus, you have to craft both night and day parts to craft the final frame.

Excalibur - Kill the boss War on Mars.

Frost - Kill the boss on Exta, Ceres

Gara - Complete the mission "Saya's Vigil" then complete respective bounties for Konzu in the Plains of Eidalon.

Harrow - The main blueprint is gotten from finishing the quest "Chains of Harrow". To get the other parts of him you need to kill corrupted in void fissures (chassis), Do rotation C of Defection (systems) and Kuva Fortress Spy on C (neuroptics). Sounds like a right pain in the cock.

Hydroid - Kill the boss on Oro, Earth. WARNING, Takes forever...

Inaros - Unclear. I don't know if you have to do the "Sands of Inaros" quest line or buy the blueprint from Baro Ki'Teer.

Ivara - You have to do Spy missions to get a chance of a drop. 1-15 drops systems,  16-25 drops chassis, 26+ drops neuroptics and blueprints separately.

Limbo - Complete "The Limbo Theorem" quest. Needs Archwing.

Loki - Kill boss on Psamarthe, Neptune.

Mag - Kill the boss Iliad, Phobos 

Mesa - Kill Mutalist Alad V on Eris.

Mirage - Complete "Hidden Messages" questline.

Nekros - Do Orokin Derelict missions

Nezha - Acquired through the Tenno Reseach Lab in the clan dojo.

Nidus - Blueprint obtained through the "Glast Gambit" questline. The rest is gotten through Rotation C of the Infested Salvage in the Oestrus on Eris.

Nova - Drops from the Raptors on Naamah, Europa.

Nyx - Blueprint can be purchased from the market. Her component blueprints are rewarded from Phorid assassination missions during an Infested Invasion.

Oberon - Kill Eximus units.

Octavia - Main blueprint is acquired upon completion of the Octavia's Anthem quest. The Chassis blueprint is a guaranteed drop from the choral musical note memory puzzle found in Lua missions. neuroptics blueprint drops from Rotation C of Orokin Derelict Survival. Systems blueprint has a chance to drop from Rotation A Lua Crossfire (Plato) caches. Sounds like a right trek to get her tbh.

Rhino - Kill the boss Fossa, Venus.

Saryn - Kill the boss at Merrow, Sedna

Titania - Complete "The Silver Groove" questline.

Trinity - Kill the boss on Hades, Pluto.

Valkyr - Kill the boss on Thermisto, Jupiter.

Vauban - Gotten through Alert missions as rewards.

Volt - Get him through the Tenno research lab in the clan dojo.

Wukong - Get him through the Tenno research lab in the clan dojo

Zephyr - Get him through the Tenno research lab in the clan dojo.

What about when we're playing Warframe on Uranus?

Time for a little bit of a check of where I am with the whole "You can complete the game for free" thing I was running.

So I'm about 100 hours in with 0 real world money spent. I've got about 150+ platinum left. This is going to take a hit with the frames I'm building and also with the weapons I want to keep for future use. Just for quality of life improvements so I'm not constantly juggling weapons when I'm levelling stuff up. I'm guessing it can be done, but the frustration of having to constantly do inventory management is annoying, so it'll have to be that way at some point.

Ember, Equinox, Frost, Hydriod, Ivara, Nova and Valkyrare frames that I've got to get that I have access to but have not gotten all the pieces of yet. This is going to cost 140 platinum. There's also 4 more frames from the Tenno Labs that I'll have access to in the coming weeks, so that's another 80 platinum. You might have noticed that this platinum price exceeds what I'm given for free. Now you can sell bits on the market for platinum to other players, but I'm not going to do that.I just don't have the inclination to do that and when I finally run out of platinum I'll report on that and put money down to finish the rest up.

However, it must be noted that you don't need those frames. I'm just collecting them for completions sake. It wouldn't surprise me if you could do the entire game with Excalibur or Volt. Not Mag though, since she's terrible comparatively.

Lua, Neptune, Pluto, Sedna, Kuva Fortress, Eris, The Void, The Derelict and to some extent Plains of Eidolon are challenges I've yet to do. When you look at it I'm just over half the way through. There's planets I've not completely finished, either through being stuck on certain parts (hello Pandora) or just nodes that I've not done because I've not had the people online to do them or when I have we've been doing other stuff. It might be worth having a bit of a house keeping session at some point to tie up all those loose ends and farm for the frames we're missing currently.

All this is based on the game as it is now, although I'm certain they'll add more stuff to it at some point. If I was a betting man I'd say that maybe the open world part of the game would slowly be rolled across the planets that could accommodate it.

I do think it's feasible that you can go from one end of the game to the other without spending a penny. I don't think they're blowing smoke up players arses when they say that. 

• 2 months later...

Last night watched the Tennocon broadcast. So hot on the release of the latest story content and a new frame they've announced a new open world which dwarfs Cetus. It has camps (nodes) to capture, jet hover boards to travel on, tracking and capturing wild animals, and below the surface dungeons, and more. There were also ginormous spider things wandering about.

If that's not enough they also previewed space ships operated by three players who pilot, man gun turrets and operate basic ship functions - some of this being done while others board capital ships to take out shields for example from within, enabling their team mates who are still flying round outside to make the kill. They also had enemies boarding the coop ship and players having to defend their vessel.

It all looked very big and impressive. If they pull this off then it will be something on another level. And still all free.

That hover board Tenno looks really cool.

Also the Switch version looks really impressive. This could be my Fortnite - I’d really like cross-play in here.

There’s something about free-to-play games on multiple platforms that cross-play just makes sense. At the very least for stuff you might buy to go across. Luckily I still haven’t bought any packs but it would be amazing to have all my stuff move across to the Switch version and continue from one platform to the other.